Furthur!

• Thread starter mdTHC420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mdTHC420

just throwin this out there. anyone goin to Furthur up in Broomfieild in Feb? should be awesome.

B

Buddy Flowers

saw Furthur in 97 and 98 and thought it was pretty good. maybe i'll check em out in feb. thanks for posting

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

what? someone pease explain is this a band or some sort of rally?

B

Buddy Flowers

it's basically the remainder of The Grateful Dead

"keep the mother rollin..."

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Why? Jerry ain't goin' be there :(

BTW: Bob looks SOOO old now compared to back when J Dawg was around....

Phil still looks like Phil.

M

mdTHC420

if jerry were there it wouldnt be "furthur", it would be "the dead". the music while not the same is still fkn awesome and enjoyable. just some good old jam band music to make us forget of the modern shit like lady gaga and other talentless shit all the like. atleast they still play music for listening. yeah, who knew that after decades of playing they would be getting old, yet somehow still rockin.

B

Buddy Flowers

i just listen to the Grateful Dead.

mdTHC- pm me if you want every GD show on an HD

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
what? someone pease explain is this a band or some sort of rally?
If you want to get all the references, then you need to get yourself a book about an author by the name of Ken Kesey. He wrote a couple of books, one you may know called One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (not my favorite book of his). Anyway, the book about him was written by another favorite author of mine, Tom Wolf, and the book is called The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. In that book you will learn what Furthur was, who the Merry Pranksters were and what influence they had on just about *everything* back then, from The Who's "Magic Bus" to The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour--what's the common thread? These songs are about busses, and Furthur was a bus back when the Grateful Dead were still The Wizards (or something like that, not a fan of their music).

The Kesey book I adore, and will read over and over again (as much as a woman like myself is wont to) is Sometimes A Great Notion.

true grit

true grit

And what more do they realllllly have in common? A lil thing called lsd. hehe.

ANyone see Further at red rocks? was interesting...way packed for sure though.

B

Buddy Flowers

no but i was at "The Dead" in '03 and '04. Phil and Friends Red Rocks 99 was the best Non-GD Dead imo

M

mdTHC420

hehehe. indeed. yeah, i was there for the friday show, not to bad at all

true grit

true grit

I was torn, the music was fine, but I really wanted to hear some/way more Dead stuff...so that leaves me in limbo for this one. ha.

So we got some head show frequenters eh??

R

RMCG

I was torn, the music was fine, but I really wanted to hear some/way more Dead stuff...so that leaves me in limbo for this one. ha.

So we got some head show frequenters eh??

While you wouldn't know it from looking at me today, I've got stacks and stacks of ticket stubs from a number of years on the road...

Honestly though, haven't listened to them in years.
:evilgrin0040:

Certainly wasn't interested in RatDog, but Further could be interesting, not sure I can deal with the scene anymore though. The Phish scene (pre-sellout of MSG days) 'cured' me of tolerating hippies much.

B

Buddy Flowers

"The Phish scene (pre-sellout of MSG days) 'cured' me of tolerating hippies much. "

well said.

true grit

true grit

LOL. Yeah but must say, the Phish show at broomfield was one of the better ones this summer. Well at least show/light wise...

Ready for some more Red Rocks tho...

Honestly was most bummed bout missing Roger Waters. Heard that was an amazing one...from everyone who saw it everywhere. lol.

B

Buddy Flowers

yea, bummed i missed that too. saw him at msg in '06 and was blown away. i skipped the phish broomfield shows lol.

tg- pm me if you ever come up to the high country.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Growing up in cali I saw the dead a few times in the early 90's. I used to love phish to went to quite a few of there shows as well great trippin music and friendly atmosphere.

T

TyKaycha

followed the Dead for several months back in the early 90s in a beat to hell VW beetle, personalized license plate: DEADBUG , sold plates of stir-fry for gas money, tickets and the occasional motel room to wash-up & sleep in a real bed

F

Funkfingers

Nice some phellow heads..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1VvopWKEZI[/YOUTUBE]

T

TyKaycha

haven't listened to them in years. last time was still on cassette. had a ton of shows on cassette. have no idea what happened to them all - parents probably tossed them when i moved overseas! should try to pickup a couple albums.

never got into phish or any of the other bands. the scene just started to seem really fake or something

Top Bottom