Fuzzy Green Mold on Clones

• Thread starter azbassist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

azbassist

I'm on day 7 of my clones. I took 10 (4 LA Confidential, 3 NY Deisel, and 3 Maui Wowie). All in Jiffy Pellets and home made humidity domes from clear solo cups. I've been airing them out for 5 minutes a day and spraying the top of the dome 1 or 2 times once a day. On day 5 I cut open an air vent on the top for them to get more air. 1 of the Maui Wowie and 1 NY Deisel were falling over so i put in a piece of a chop stick help them along. I went to check on them today and both chop sticks were covered with fuzzy green mold. I threw them out immediately - in hindsight I should have taken a picture as it would probably help with getting advice :-( . The rest look fine. I have my plants in the same room with the clones. Is my entire grow screwed or should I keep moving forward? I added pictures of my setup, but like I said I didn't take any pics of the mold. I freaked out a bit and dumped them ASAP :-/
Fuzzy green mold on clones
Fuzzy green mold on clones 2
Fuzzy green mold on clones 3
Fuzzy green mold on clones 4
Fuzzy green mold on clones 5

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

You can keep waiting on them, but they look really rough, im not so sure theyll make it through.
Whats the temp? When its cold clones are sad and droopy.
My guess is the green stuff was algae and not mold

Bilber

Bilber

I've never had good results using peat pods/pellets......

When I do clones, I cut 45⁰, sit it in a Superthrive solution diluted with water while I get my rooting powder setup......

Dip the clone in the powder and put it in a clear solo cup with holes cut out filled with medium with mycos.....

I spray the soil to wetten the powder and mycos.....until its wet......few sprays.....

Then I'll mist the clone and put it in my veg area......

I'll spray it once a day, unless it needs it.....

The only reason I cover them is if they are drooping.......

Covering the clone does and will work, but if I'm cloning, I'm in checking on them a few times a day....

The green shit was probably algae.....not the worst thing, but I would've tossed um also......

A

azbassist

You can keep waiting on them, but they look really rough, im not so sure theyll make it through.
Whats the temp? When its cold clones are sad and droopy.
My guess is the green stuff was algae and not mold
Yeah, they do look a little rough :-(. The temps are about 74 during the day and get down to about 70 at night. It's my 2nd grow. I used this process for my first grow and got 4 out of 5 clones to root in 9 days so I thought I found a process that worked for my setup. Now I'm thinking it was beginners luck :-/ . Any advice on how I may be able to help them at this point?

Z

Zill

Mold isn’t green. You’re probably looking at algae. Either way, have you considered taking up golf.

I apologize for that Az. Not meant to be cruel. Come on, give us a grin! Stay on this forum.

A

azbassist

Mold isn’t green. You’re probably looking at algae. Either way, have you considered taking up golf.

I apologize for that Az. Not meant to be cruel. Come on, give us a grin! Stay on this forum.
Hahaha. I'm 51 and still feel too young for golf lol. I have read about green mold though maybe not common on weed plants. I'll take the ribbing in good nature of you can help me get these clones healthy ;-)

Bilber

Bilber

People are gonna hate me for this.......

I'll take my chances cause that's me.....

Take the dome off.....

Spray the clones once....

Leave um be....

Try it on one......

I'll send you a hopefully great bagseed if it dies......

I'm trying.....

A

azbassist

People are gonna hate me for this.......

I'll take my chances cause that's me.....

Take the dome off.....

Spray the clones once....

Leave um be....

Try it on one......

I'll send you a hopefully great bagseed if it dies......

I'm trying.....
I was thinking of that. I have 4 nice healthy plants going right now. Peat pellets and solo cups are cheap, so I'm still not doing bad if all the clones die. I'm still learning so I'll try whatever. My biggest concern was mold infecting my entire grow room. Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom