G Builds a 28 Site DWC

• Thread starter THC Scientific
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THC Scientific

THC Scientific

Well talking to Swerve made me think let me try a DWC system.

This is a custom built, 28 site DWC with 5 gallon buckets, 8 inch mesh pots, and hydroton, 55 Gallon Res tank, 2 huge pumps, and two huge air pumps.

We will be using Swerves Recipe and it is going to be all organic.

Here is the first bank of 14 buckets. Second bank will be finished tomorrow, and system will be operational Monday.

Clones going in Monday and hope to provide a new grow diary.

G builds a 28 site dwc
K

Kushtard

how about some mre fun details? Is this some sort of recirc? I dont think it is. I am wondering do you rely on water level to keep the buckets filled? DO yo instead run pumps once in while to fill them? How do you get the air to the buckets? How come you did not go full recirculating? I am guessing you had a good reason and I just want to absorb more as I really want but have to wait to go full dwc. I have one tho next to my soil and have done ebb and flow and I am envious. Vary clean.

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

This is a recirculating system, Top feeder, and air stones in each bucket controlled by a huge air pump. System is not complete as it takes time to build this size of a system. Tomarrow we will install the air tubes and finish up the lids. One air pump will control all 28 buckets. One air pump will be used in the res tank One pump will feed and one pump will drain. Stay tuned for more pictures tomarrow.

K

kindindy123

top feed!!

This is a recirculating system, Top feeder, and air stones in each bucket controlled by a huge air pump. System is not complete as it takes time to build this size of a system. Tomarrow we will install the air tubes and finish up the lids. One air pump will control all 28 buckets. One air pump will be used in the res tank One pump will feed and one pump will drain. Stay tuned for more pictures tomarrow.

so the nuwts will be pumped from 55g res,to top feed system,almost simular,in construction,and config,then pumped from what we are seeing,back to 55g res???? is this correct? thanks

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

so the nuwts will be pumped from 55g res,to top feed system,almost simular,in construction,and config,then pumped from what we are seeing,back to 55g res???? is this correct? thanks

Yup but will also have about a gallon of nutes left in the buckets.

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

Here the second row half done. This is hard. Really hard.

IMG 0123
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Niiiiccccceeee!!!!

Love the setup, gonna get crowded in there pretty quick though...that first bank of 14 will eat that space easily, don't crowd yourself because that is when the problems come in the way of poor circulation, mold, mildew, and pest.

Tex

L

Lost

I had 2 systems just like this only 6 site dwc on a drip recirculator. Worked well but I ended up with 27 gallon tuffboxes and a longer veg. The size of the plants made it impossible to even open the lid on anything but the front plant. I also did not like how the roots invade the piping and slow everything down so i went to 1 3/4 inch tubing and grommets. Im far from an expert but really starting to dial this in.

Hey, you gunna do a chiller? How about UV sterilazation?

O

Ohsogreen

Niiiiccccceeee!!!!

Love the setup, gonna get crowded in there pretty quick though...that first bank of 14 will eat that space easily, don't crowd yourself because that is when the problems come in the way of poor circulation, mold, mildew, and pest.

Tex
I totally agree with Texas Kid. Leave yourself some wiggle room, for greatest success.
Would you reconsider and go with 21 buckets instead ?
That would get your outside girls off the wall, uncrowed the center row and give you room to walk around freely.

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

Niiiiccccceeee!!!!

Tex

I except your opinion, and am currently considering that also. Maybe do a 14 plant DWC, and use the other row in another room. I really need space in there to work on the girls, i love spending time with them. This is just a test fitting, but soon it will be finished, but the system will be fully operational tomarrow night, with the babies in place. :damnhippie:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I've been reading more and more journals using DWC. Seems like a great way to eliminate the need for the ebb n flow tables. I may have to try this in the future. For now I'm looking forward to seeing your final setup G...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
In my experience, any plant that you can not get to in order to maintain and service suffers, even if your room is dialed in.

With 5 gallon bucket grows, I assume your goin for some trees, I think you are goin to need a minimum of 4foot centers between the buckets just to have a little room to move around. I have 12 buckets in a 144sq.ft.(12'x12' room) and it is crowded as shit, almost to crowded but i can crawl around under the canopy still.

Tex

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
^^^ LOL I've crawled under a few canopies in my bathroom...

S

Swerve

ive crawled under many a canopies in my day.. lol one thing you ahve to remeber G is the buckets need to be off the ground and allow for gravity to take your water back to your pump the way it is right now you will not ahve sufficient draining as there is no gravity to make th water come out of the bucket..

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

ive crawled under many a canopies in my day.. lol one thing you ahve to remeber G is the buckets need to be off the ground and allow for gravity to take your water back to your pump the way it is right now you will not ahve sufficient draining as there is no gravity to make th water come out of the bucket..

Totally understandable, but i do have a 1/2 hp vacume pump im gonna use.

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless you are planning on flipping at 6" I would remove a row. I think I could harvest more with just 2 rows if you have the veg time. JK

S

Swerve

ahh i love veg time..30 days and flips get an hp+ of danky og

fractaLz

fractaLz

Awesome!!! Glad to see the setup. This will give me some more motivation to make my own

J

Jalisco Kid

HP is still a shrub,a 1 pounder is a small tree. Trees start at 2 lbs. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom