G H Ripen, good product or not.

• Thread starter GypsyOutlaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GypsyOutlaw

GypsyOutlaw

Okay so I've been using General Hydroponics Flora series for years. I have tried some others but IMO nothing is as good as the G H 3 part line.
I would like to here from anyone who has used G H Ripen.
What few reviews I've read are positive in nature but I just wanna hear from y'all here on the forum.

Thank You!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@PipeCarver can you offer some insight here?

@GypsyOutlaw I don't use GH but Pipecarver does as do some others. There is a GH product he's raved about but it wasn't Ripen. He'll be able to fill you in on what he's been doing with GH products better than I can.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
@PipeCarver can you offer some insight here?

@GypsyOutlaw I don't use GH but Pipecarver does as do some others. There is a GH product he's raved about but it wasn't Ripen. He'll be able to fill you in on what he's been doing with GH products better than I can.
Floralicious Plus is the only additive I'm now adding to every feed. I've noticed a marked improvement throughout my grows...Its rather addictive and most reviews on it say the same..." its expensive but I won't grow without it now " is the common theme. its the Fulvic & Humic acids that help breakdown the nutes into the ions they absorb, or some sht like that...all I know is I like. and .I just bought a 16oz bottle $62 Cdn inc taxes shipped amzon

ninjadip

ninjadip

Floralicious Plus is the only additive I'm now adding to every feed. I've noticed a marked improvement throughout my grows...Its rather addictive and most reviews on it say the same..." its expensive but I won't grow without it now " is the common theme. its the Fulvic & Humic acids that help breakdown the nutes into the ions they absorb, or some sht like that...all I know is I like. and .I just bought a 16oz bottle $62 Cdn inc taxes shipped amzon
Good info, I'm using GH Nova line, and was curious about the floralicious. Would love to know more details about the comparison of running with FL and without. Didn't really trust the Amazon reviews but I would love to hear the insight from a grower with many grows under the belt like you.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good info, I'm using GH Nova line, and was curious about the floralicious. Would love to know more details about the comparison of running with FL and without. Didn't really trust the Amazon reviews but I would love to hear the insight from a grower with many grows under the belt like you.
I've been using it about 1+ year and I have healthier leaves and better color. I'd get the odd discoloration or molting lower leaves turning brown but I shrugged it off eh wtf a few leaves here and there. I started using the Floralicious and that went away, I only started using it because I read a few reviews but what can I say, I'm hooked, try a bottle...I use 1ml per gallon starting at 1st feed through weeks 7 of flower.....My pepper plants also get it

ninjadip

ninjadip

I've been using it about 1+ year and I have healthier leaves and better color. I'd get the odd discoloration or molting lower leaves turning brown but I shrugged it off eh wtf a few leaves here and there. I started using the Floralicious and that went away, I only started using it because I read a few reviews but what can I say, I'm hooked, try a bottle...I use 1ml per gallon starting at 1st feed through weeks 7 of flower.....My pepper plants also get it
Thanks for the info!

GypsyOutlaw

GypsyOutlaw

Somehow my post got highjacked. I know all about GH Nutrients, been useing them for many years and I know all about Floralicious Plus, I use it, I know how it works and I know what it cost. I simply wanted to here from people who use or have used Ripen. I know nothing of the product and would like some feedback on it.
Thanks again...

Anthem

Anthem

Pipercarver, if it has Folvic in it that could very well be the key to the improvements. I cannot feed because of my system. But I do foliar Fulvic and the day after I use it. They just explode with growth.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I gotta try that! My pepper plants are a little over the top though already haha

Every plant in there has been fully harvested 3 times already (minus the melons weā€™ve picked about 15-16 cantaloupes and watermelons already, haha all 3 freezers full, and about 100 quarts of jars done already and itā€™s still pumping out those late season veggies haha

The Hungarian hot wax and habaneros went crazy, whole garden is 100% organic dark leaf compost, (permaculture garden) have never used a drop of fertilizers or pesticides on it yet

Sorry for the random camera directions was trying not to step on anything haha, you can hear me go agh when I get to the habaneros I stepped on a rotten cantaloupe haha

ninjadip

ninjadip

Anyone have any actual info about the original product in question, Ripen?

How does it compare to their dry Koolbloom you use at the end for final ripen?
I'm curious as well, the ripen costs near double in my area as the floralicious which is $42usd for 1qt. I have decided to use floralicious and liquid koolbloom next run, with the GH Nova line.

I did see some good online testimonials for Ripen, but not sure if legit. People are saying that it will help push those stragglers into ripening forcefully, as well as increased flower quality.

OP, sorry for messing up your thread, I was new, excited, and little more dumb than I am today lol. My bad

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Im using Ripen right now, but tbh, i came here looking for answers aswell šŸ˜‚ first grow and i have NO idea what im doing, but i did a thing, so they are still alive šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Im whondering, should i give Ripen every day? Or every other day like i have been with the feeding šŸ™„ i started yesterday, was not sure if i should use it like normal feeding scheeule (every other day..)

daggarooker

daggarooker

Ripen is the devil. Its a poison thats teue intent when developed was to basically save a run at all costs and quickly and effectively kill your girls with some dignity. The after taste is horrid too.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Ripen is the devil. Its a poison thats teue intent when developed was to basically save a run at all costs and quickly and effectively kill your girls with some dignity. The after taste is horrid too.
Really??? Should i just stop and water-flush instead? Keep feeding nutes? Im at a loss šŸ˜– kinda thought "Ripen" would, you know, ripen šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

There have been problems along the entire grow šŸ˜£ nothing serious, but they have 2 weeks to live šŸ˜… and i actually thought Ripen was a way to flush the plants of most nutrients, just water sounded evil šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Should i feee them once, or just put them on straight waterboarding? šŸ„“

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I have no idea about this product but itā€™s called ā€œripenā€ so it must have a job of ripening right? Some please post a picture of the bottle with the ingredients so I can take a gander. A lot of growers need to educate themselves on what they are feeding their plants bc they are being marketed with fancy names and 16 bottle nutrient lines.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Just from a quick glance I see it contains chlorine and other stuff thatā€™s probably already in there bloom formula but in smaller amounts so basically your paying for watered down bloom. I donā€™t do bottle nutes but I would say youā€™re getting hustled. Chlorine tho? How is that beneficial to your plants and then your gonna smoke that? Idk I do organic dry amendments so I canā€™t really answer your question as Iā€™ve never used it but I would say steer clear of something that can force nature to happen faster than intendedā€¦

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Just from a quick glance I see it contains chlorine and other stuff thatā€™s probably already in there bloom formula but in smaller amounts so basically your paying for watered down bloom. I donā€™t do bottle nutes but I would say youā€™re getting hustled. Chlorine tho? How is that beneficial to your plants and then your gonna smoke that? Idk I do organic dry amendments so I canā€™t really answer your question as Iā€™ve never used it but I would say steer clear of something that can force nature to happen faster than intendedā€¦
From what people are saying, im leaving the bottle aloneā€¦ im far grom a grower šŸ˜… i dont know much yet, so i think i read stuff and go like "yeah, ofc i need some Ripenā€¦" but i saw the leaves turned yellow HELLA fast over the night and got worried :/ i wish i had the knowledge (or even the oppurtunity) to use dry amendments, looks alot easierā€¦ thanks for the input šŸ˜ŠšŸ’š

Top Bottom