G-Pen question

• Thread starter Steve Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Favorite way to smoke concentrates?

• Total voters
Steve Gray

Steve Gray

i have recently bought a G-pen and i was wondering about the wicks that are in the cartridges. do they make the smokers experience more unpleasant? do they release harmful toxins? should you remove them? and how should you remove them. please let me know what you know about these g-pen wicks. thanks

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

usually silica, fiberglass, or polyester. mfgs claim these are all safe, 'fda approved', 'food safe', all bs assurances with no basis in science on safety for inhalation.

in theory silica should be stable at fairly high temps, however in practice you'll find it deteriorates with continual re-heating in this manner. take some of the wicked-carts apart and you'll see (i posted omicron tear-down photos in another thread here).

silicosis is nothing i want to fuck with (just a health preference for my lungs, some others here seem indifferent on the subject). my mmj doc looked into it after i and several other patients asked, said the literature is too scarce right now, so sellers think this makes it okay to claim no foul (claim it's our job to prove them wrong, rather than showing any actual evidence for their safety claims).

after trying a bunch of others, this is why i only use thermovape now, it's a main point in their medically-safe philosophy. i've read one of the company owners is a physician himself who lost his mother to lung cancer from tobacco. they also have a sister co that sells e-cig models (innovapor).

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

do you think i can take the wicks out though, and just drop the oil str8 onto the nail part and not worry about coating the wick

Reactions: mal
Steve Gray

Steve Gray

usually silica, fiberglass, or polyester. mfgs claim these are all safe, 'fda approved', 'food safe', all bs assurances with no basis in science on safety for inhalation.

in theory silica should be stable at fairly high temps, however in practice you'll find it deteriorates with continual re-heating in this manner. take some of the wicked-carts apart and you'll see (i posted omicron tear-down photos in another thread here).

silicosis is nothing i want to fuck with (just a health preference for my lungs, some others here seem indifferent on the subject). my mmj doc looked into it after i and several other patients asked, said the literature is too scarce right now, so sellers think this makes it okay to claim no foul (claim it's our job to prove them wrong, rather than showing any actual evidence for their safety claims).

after trying a bunch of others, this is why i only use thermovape now, it's a main point in their medically-safe philosophy. i've read one of the company owners is a physician himself who lost his mother to lung cancer from tobacco. they also have a sister co that sells e-cig models (innovapor).

OGONLY

OGONLY

I don't have one but I have stumbled on a youtube "how to" on the exact subject you speak of. Also viewed another one out of curiosity. The guy shows how to prime the wick before the first use so that all future hits will be better. Some people use different g-tanks for each different wax/oil.

There are also different methods of angling the pen down then up, button on then off then on some shit like that. Like I said I don't have one. Its all on youtube. I never have to dab on the go, its Recycler only for me. I found that it all tasted the same on my couple experiences trying the pen. But for those who want a quick few erl tokes on a lunchbreak seems the g-pen is the way to go.

Reactions: mal
Graywolf

Graywolf

do you think i can take the wicks out though, and just drop the oil str8 onto the nail part and not worry about coating the wick

We remove the wicks from 51o carts and put oil that is still in the carboxylic acid form in it while still warm. It stays put when the cart is laid on its side, where decarboxylated oil would not without the wick.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

FYI, the TV 'revolution' oil cartridge comes in 3 resistance levels for various wattages and vaping temp preferences. They're all ceramic/metal with no nasty wick material inside, easy to clean like new (alcohol then boiling water), durable, and really not very expensive (and you can buy each component separately for DIY on other brands with 510 threaded batteries). $30 bucks is way cheaper in the long run than replacing $10 disposables with wicks, plus their warranty seems to be no-questions-asked (again, from FC forum members, no experience with it myself).

I like their 'evolution' model for waterhash, kief, thicker waxes, and even as a one-hitter for flowers. Although this one pulls too much current for the lower quality brands, so better to get the expensive TV battery handle (again worth the cost in long run). It uses convection, as opposed to the conduction pen-style carts above.

They have all kinds of other stuff too, including a new model with 5x the battery life about to release (i just read about it on FC forums, eager to try it since I found their original 't1' bowl-sized version ate batteries too quickly for my taste). If a better unit/brand comes along i will switch, only loyal to TV because they are the absolute best/safest products I found after wasting $$ on a bunch of others.

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

actually grencoscience.com just came out with a glass cartridge with a ti nail just for the gpen. the real revolution has begun!

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

but where do you find these tv cartridges at?
FYI, the TV 'revolution' oil cartridge comes in 3 resistance levels for various wattages and vaping temp preferences. They're all ceramic/metal with no nasty wick material inside, easy to clean like new (alcohol then boiling water), durable, and really not very expensive (and you can buy each component separately for DIY on other brands with 510 threaded batteries). $30 bucks is way cheaper in the long run than replacing $10 disposables with wicks, plus their warranty seems to be no-questions-asked (again, from FC forum members, no experience with it myself).

I like their 'evolution' model for waterhash, kief, thicker waxes, and even as a one-hitter for flowers. Although this one pulls too much current for the lower quality brands, so better to get the expensive TV battery handle (again worth the cost in long run). It uses convection, as opposed to the conduction pen-style carts above.

They have all kinds of other stuff too, including a new model with 5x the battery life about to release (i just read about it on FC forums, eager to try it since I found their original 't1' bowl-sized version ate batteries too quickly for my taste). If a better unit/brand comes along i will switch, only loyal to TV because they are the absolute best/safest products I found after wasting $$ on a bunch of others.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

my buddy got the glass tank with ti nail, it works great on the go but doesn't compare to dabs at all. I got the atmos RAW pen, which has the same heating element in it's normal chamber as the G pen has in the glass tank... the heating element is just sitting on top of a nail in the G pen attachment.

jyip

jyip

jus got a vaporcone,,,, like it alot,, it has a metal cone that you load load either, wax, oil, flower and vape away,, also can get the glass liquid oil cart for 20 bucks which i got even tho i dont reallyneed it,,, i only need to drop a couple well placed bb sized dabs on dead center and you are REALLY REALLY good for and hours worth of vapeing,,,,
2d33e3a8c773  1351822487000

jyip

jyip

update on mt vaorcaone, it broke and im returnin for apllacement, and after first hit, it tastes like reclaim, but first hit is ok,, jus gotta do smaller its that burn up all the way and also clean the cart every day in alcohol bath

germinator

germinator

Medistik.......drop a ball of bho n pull, no buttons....totally discreet. Just for bho balls and I think its made by vaporcone, its effective and simple and cheap. Pretty stealth too.
And of course theres the delta9 vaporizer gear persei, omicron, ophos they have a earned a place in my collection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom