GA3 100 - 1500 ppm

• Thread starter Medi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Medi

Once again about our beloved Gibberellic Acid.

How come that the recommendation for germinating seeds with GA so different depending who you asking :/

For example take the kit I bought with 3 vials with powder and 1 with rubbing alcohol (which I hade a hell of time with, to solve it. It took me 12h.)

Any way, the instruction following my GA Germination kit I ordered at eBay says that I hold soak my seeds in a solution with 100-250 ppm GA. But online I fined instruction about using 300, 500 ore even 1000 ppm ore more.

Is it depending on strains? Ore have a higher dose better effect? Ore is it just a simple answer that different solution suits different growers depending on environments, nutrients and so on....?

Great full for all answers and directions.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Effects of Gibberellic Acid
  1. Overcoming dormancy. Treatment with high concentrations of GA is effective in overcoming dormancy and causing rapid germination of seed. Concentrations of about 2 ppm can cause tubers to sprout earlier.
  2. Premature flowering. If a plant is sufficiently developed, premature flowering may be induced by direct application of GA to young plants. This action is not sustained and treatment may have to be repeated. Formation of male flowers is generally promoted by concentrations of 10 to 200 ppm., female flowers by concentrations of 200 to 300 ppm. Concentrations of more than 600 ppm markedly suppresses initiation of both male and female flowers.
  3. Increased fruit set. When there is difficulty with fruit set because of incomplete pollination, GA may be effectively used to increase fruit set. The resulting fruit maybe partially or entirely seedless. GA has increased the total yield in greenhouse tomato crops both as a result of increased fruit set and more rapid growth of the fruit.
  4. Hybridizing. Pollination within self-incompatible clones and between closely related species may some times be forced by the application of GA and cytokinin to the blooms at the time of hand pollination.
  5. Increased growth. GA applied near the terminal bud of trees may increase the rate of growth by stimulating more or less constant growth during the season. In a Department of Agriculture experiment, the GA was applied as a 1% paste in a band around the terminal bud of trees. Treatment was repeated three times during the summer. Walnut tee growth was 8.5 ft. for treated trees, 1.5 ft. for untreated trees.
  6. Frost protection. Spraying fruit trees at full-blossom or when the blossoms begin to wither can offset the detrimental effects of frost.
  7. Root formation. GA inhibits the formation of roots in cuttings.
Recipes
Although GA is not listed as a "poison", the following precautions should be observed: Flush with water any GA that may get into the eye. Avoid skin contact if possible. If skin contact is suspected, wash with soap and water. Do not re-enter an area after spraying until the GA spray is fully dry. Avoid ingestion of GA.
The powder may be dissolved as specified below to give the desired concentration.

Concentration
parts/million GA
mg Water
ml (cup) Purpose
50 125 2400 (10 1/2) Early flowering
200 125 600 (2 1/2) Early flowering
800 125 160 (2/3) Blossom set
2000 125 60 (1/4) Seed germination
1% paste 125 5 ml (1 tsp.) lanolin Growth promoter

J

Jalisco Kid

I have always used 250 ppms when playing with seeds. JK

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

sounds interesting....if i understand those concentrations correctly, 50 ppm of GA would mean dissolving 125 mg (.125 g) into 2400 ml (10.5 cups) water??

E

E.T.

keep your concentrations under 250ppm. any stronger and you will have excessive elongation of the seedling.
you will still see elongation. here's how i do it...
soak seed in 250ppm solution of ga3 for 24hrs.
fill a beer cup halfway with soil and place your seed.
when it comes up and elongates, back fill the rest of the cup with soil. this will not only support the stretched out seedling, but like a tomato, it will root off the stem.
good luck

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

It has always worked well for me. You need to watch out what you add to your nutes as some things seem to get amplified and cause things to go out of wack.
GA and Triacontanol works well as in a pfd I posted using poppies. Used together in young marijuana plants may be a bit much.
Have you used both together on young plants before? What ppms did you try

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not remember and with GA you need to be right as a little bit does little, and more just wacks out the plants. I am sure I have posted here many times on my doses and where I purchased it from. I would do a search. If your grow is not really dialed in I would put your efforts elsewhere. sorry I could not be more help,but you forget a lot when you retire.

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

300 is surefire, will get you there, but 250 might be more reasonable

Top Bottom