Gainesville Green

• Thread starter GrowAholiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Received the clone labeled as Gainesville Green. Anyone out there have some input or information about this cut?

Gainesville green

Gainesville green 2

Gainesville green 3

kgp

kgp

Nice looking plant. I just hope you didn't get it from sunshine state seeds. Just about every cut he sells is mislabeled. Good luck with your grow. Hope you find something top shelf.

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Nice looking plant. I just hope you didn't get it from sunshine state seeds. Just about every cut he sells is mislabeled. Good luck with your grow. Hope you find something top shelf.

Thanks @kgp In all honesty, I belive it did come from there through a friend of a friend. She grows really well though. A possible mislabe would be the only isse with her so far.

Last edited:
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Is there any way you can verify that is the same cut as the one going around gainesville in the 90's? Do you have finished buds of it? I would trade anything for that cut.

In the process of verifying the origins of this cut. Will let you know my findings. What of the 90's Gainesville do you remember most?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
There was no Gainesville Green cut going around Gainesville in the 90s. I was growing, in Gainesville, during that time. Weed grown in Gainesville has been called Gainesville Green since the 70s.

Happy growing.

outwest

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Outwest you make a good point. A lot of different strains were refereed to as gainesville green. I'm talking specifically about a lime green colored, very pungent piney strain. Was called Gainesville Green as well and at the time I didn't realize this was a name used for any good bud much like Krippy.

The GG I'm referring to was also called Christmas Bud

Last edited:
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Ah yes! GG, aka Rodney, is my favorite.
And I was fortunate enough to get befriended by an vintage gentleman of leisure who had a large stash of GG seeds.
He had been growing them for 40 years in California, and was kind enough to send some to Hawaii.

Seems it does not flourish under artificial light. Namely. CFLs.
So he sent a sample to see if she liked LEDs any better.
As it turns out, they do!
And in tropical sunlight, they can develop red pistils.
:D
full

She is wonderfully fragrant. No other train has that scent.
Aloha,
Wee zard

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

@WiseGorilla What I've dug up is this...
Technically it's a BX done in 1981. There was the 1974 Gainesville Green cut crossed to a 1979 heirloom Florida Skunk #1. Those seeds were popped in search for a GG stud. That stud was crossed back to the 1974 GG cut. Then those seeds were grown out and an exact GG pheno was found.
This is another man's words traveling through my keyboard. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. If anybody can verify similar history don't hesitate to chime in. Similar or opposite, let's hear all experiences with Gainesville Green.
@Wee Zard You said a couple things that can't be a complete coincidence. Made the hair on my neck stand a bit. You say the GG does not flourish underneath artificial lighting. Couldn't agree with you more. Spot on matter of fact. And then you mention GG being wonderfully fragrant. You say no other strain has that scent. Again, couldn't agree with you more. One them smells that sticks with you forever. There can be a tiny amount of GG trimmings in a huge pile of another strain's trimmings. All you'll smell is the GG. It's crazy. Another detail that personally stuck out for me was how much your lungs were physically expanded while smoking GG. So much it almost trips you at at first. Anyway, thank you very much for sharing. Was like a light bulb going off in my head reading your post.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
In the mid 80s I lived in Jaxsonville Beach FL. It was a wide open drug market. And Gainsville Green was THE premier strain of the area, every one wanted it first. The GG I remember , was one particular strain. Not just anything out of Gainsville.
It was lime green , had very orange hairs, was very piney and pungent, and covered in crystals. When you smoked it , it would make you trip.(we were teens) It was the first plant I ever tried growing. It grew tall and lanky in the FL heat, but I harvested mine to early. Indoors under a lamp I did worse.
I smoked a lot of the GG back in 84-85, haven't really seen it since.
Some of the TGA JtR hybrids remind me of it.
Just my 2cents.
Peace

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Here she is today with her sister a GG X A11 cross.
I like GG so much that I've crossed her with a few legends of today
The GG X Haze is the front runner. GG with Skunkjack is a close 2nd.
I still have about 50 pure GG seeds and will be doing a seed run next winter.

Now I'm trying to find some skunkdawg to fiddle with.

Life is good! Aloha,
Weeze

Sistahs

KC810KUSHMAN

KC810KUSHMAN

We have the Gainesville Green Cut all the way up here in Michigan now it's some beautiful skunk

william76

william76

Lime green,brite orange pistils,wonderfully fragrant, sounds like rks,lol, 76

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

People are almost right about that.:)

But there are at least 3 growers in Hawaii, and 4 on the mainland that I have gifted some of the original seeds to.
And they are smart enough to grow out a male and keep the genetics going.
I have choke exotic genetics now, but the original G.G. is still my favorite.

Aloha,
Weeze

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ah yes! GG, aka Rodney, is my favorite.
And I was fortunate enough to get befriended by an vintage gentleman of leisure who had a large stash of GG seeds.
He had been growing them for 40 years in California, and was kind enough to send some to Hawaii.

Seems it does not flourish under artificial light. Namely. CFLs.
So he sent a sample to see if she liked LEDs any better.
As it turns out, they do!
And in tropical sunlight, they can develop red pistils.
:D
full

She is wonderfully fragrant. No other train has that scent.
Aloha,
Wee zard
I remember growing some bag seeds in spring hill florida and one plant looked just like this... pink pistils

J

JayCrippled

Does this Taste and Smell exactly Like a Pine Tree?? Adam Dunn an I had a converstation about what we Called Christmas tree weed here in New England back in 01-02-03 just around christmas time! And Im wondering if this is it..

R

Rick Naya

@WiseGorilla What I've dug up is this...
Technically it's a BX done in 1981. There was the 1974 Gainesville Green cut crossed to a 1979 heirloom Florida Skunk #1. Those seeds were popped in search for a GG stud. That stud was crossed back to the 1974 GG cut. Then those seeds were grown out and an exact GG pheno was found.
This is another man's words traveling through my keyboard. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. If anybody can verify similar history don't hesitate to chime in. Similar or opposite, let's hear all experiences with Gainesville Green.
@Wee Zard You said a couple things that can't be a complete coincidence. Made the hair on my neck stand a bit. You say the GG does not flourish underneath artificial lighting. Couldn't agree with you more. Spot on matter of fact. And then you mention GG being wonderfully fragrant. You say no other strain has that scent. Again, couldn't agree with you more. One them smells that sticks with you forever. There can be a tiny amount of GG trimmings in a huge pile of another strain's trimmings. All you'll smell is the GG. It's crazy. Another detail that personally stuck out for me was how much your lungs were physically expanded while smoking GG. So much it almost trips you at at first. Anyway, thank you very much for sharing. Was like a light bulb going off in my head reading your post.

R

Rick Naya

Hello @GrowAholiC and anyone else wanting to know who and where the real Gainesville Green was first developed I can answer this question. Back in the mid to late 70's 76-77' I was in the hands of some very nice Colombian, which of course was either a hermaphrodite or within the grow I started, had males within the patch. I had also had the opportunity to buy some Maui Wowie from a friend that had traveled to Hawaii and I was able to score 2 ounces. Within the 2 zips 1 seed appeared. I planted that seed along side the Colombian's not knowing back then what would happen as I really didn't understand pollination at that time of my cannabis career. Little and low behold the Colombians pollinated the Hawaiian. We had no real idea what we had until we grew those seeds the following season. The buds were a very light green, lime almost and the buds were swollen and sticky and smelled, yes of pungent pine. They took on the sativa Colombian height and the Indica size buds from the Hawaiian. We shared these seeds with a close friend Bobbie Bullard who at the time was attending U of Florida in Gainesville. When we arrived with the harvest of our bounty he asked right away, WTF is that? We told him and we had no names to give this plant as back then we had no clue what to say or do we just had killer cannabis and wanted to sell it and grow it. So he asked what we would call it and we couldn't decide so he blurted out, Gainesville Green! It stuck. So, for those of you that wanted the real truth to Gainesville Green, I am that Truth and can verify the facts with family and friends. I have also dedicated the better part of 40 years tot he legalization of Cannabis and am NH's State primary Cannabis Activist, consultant to many depts of the state and our states first medical patient and medical card holder, writer of HB656 and Senate Bill SB338 all of which are in session now and to become law very soon in NH. So it is with Great pride that I state the facts about Gainesville Green to clarify anyone's thoughts of who, what, where and when. Thank you to everyone who is partaking is cannabis designs and the legalization movement worldwide! .
the photo below is a linage from the earlier years of what a Sativa and Indica cross breed should look like. Gainesville Green was very very similar to this photo of my Tollhouse pie! Sincerely, Rick Naya
received_1534538679926429.jpeg

Top Bottom