GalaxysEdge Grow Diary (First Grow)

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

I am going to ask a noob question.

How do I flush?

FF makes a product called Sledgehammer that you can use which will flush all the nutrients. On the flip side ive heard of just dumping a whole bunch of water through it, but how does that not cause overwatrring symptoms. Would this not stress the plant?

I am trying balance risk vs. reward. If the flush would stress my plant and cause issues like hermies, then I'd rather just ride this out and dial back the nitrogen.
I just run plain ph’d water through mine. If your soil and pots drain good it doesn’t matter how much water you put on em when it drains out it is the same whether its 2 gallons or 10 gallons. I’ve been doin it throughout my grow actually just got done runnin bout 10 gallons of ph’d water through mine they actually love it and of course they will be dry and light before they get any more which has only been takin 2 or 3 days, I’m runnin a dehumidifier it stays about 45 rh at 72 degrees
BEB6705F 9151 4FE0 90A9 8BB4F2977BCE

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

I just run plain ph’d water through mine. If your soil and pots drain good it doesn’t matter how much water you put on em when it drains out it is the same whether its 2 gallons or 10 gallons. I’ve been doin it throughout my grow actually just got done runnin bout 10 gallons of ph’d water through mine they actually love it and of course they will be dry and light before they get any more which has only been takin 2 or 3 days, I’m runnin a dehumidifier it stays about 45 rh at 72 degrees View attachment 1169125
Ok cool!

My pots are 3 gal. Is there a specific amount of water I should run through then for flushing? And do I use tap water or distilled water? My tap water has some PPM in it, I dont recall how much. Would that negatively impact the plant?

Also, would you recommend a feeding the first watering cycle after a flush since all the nutrients have been flushed out?

Last edited:
Lilolme

Lilolme

Ok cool!

My pots are 3 gal. Is there a specific amount of water I should run through then for flushing? And do I use tap water or distilled water? My tap water has some PPM in it, I dont recall how much. Would that negatively impact the plant?

Also, would you recommend a feeding the first watering cycle after a flush since all the nutrients have been flushed out?
Whats you tap water run and I’m assumin your on a municipal system so you have to beware of chlorine and other additives, I water slowly so it soaks the soil thoroughly and just keep waterin and let it flow through. I do multiple gallons per pot but I’m in a tub. I would say at least a couple gallons for a 3 gallon pot. Then let it dry then feed

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 25 since flip to 12/12...Day 14 of flower

Happy Monday everyone.

So I flushed my plants on 9/17. It was a tedious process. I ended up using tap water that I filtered (via my fridge filter), so you can imagine how long it took me to fill my bucket each time. I Ph the water to 6.5 each batch. PPM of the water was at about 226.

I ended up flushing about 10 gallons through each plant. After what took me about 1.5 hours to complete, I got my run off water to PPM at about 700 PPM. I was shooting for lower but I honestly didn't want to fill the damn bucket again. So I am going to see how this goes.

Reason for my flush is to lower the nitrogen. Leaves are a bit dark as you can see in the photos. Thus far I haven't seen any improvement in the shade of the leaves, but overall my plants are looking healthy today.

I plan on doing a feed tomorrow, but will go light on the FF Grow Big which contains a good portion of nitrogen.

In any case...I am getting antsy. Its looking like I'll be harvesting beginning of November if it goes right. That shit is like a billion years away!

20210920 135455
20210920 135504
20210920 135527
20210918 172422

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Leaves are a bit dark as you can see in the photos.

🟪

... 🤔

In any case...I am getting antsy. Its looking like I'll be harvesting beginning of November if it goes right. That shit is like a billion years away!

Right there with ya, man. The growing process clearly has some kind of impact on my perception of time and space. I know my grow isn't taking very long, but at the same time its taking forever. heh

Lilolme

Lilolme

Day 25 since flip to 12/12...Day 14 of flower

Happy Monday everyone.

So I flushed my plants on 9/17. It was a tedious process. I ended up using tap water that I filtered (via my fridge filter), so you can imagine how long it took me to fill my bucket each time. I Ph the water to 6.5 each batch. PPM of the water was at about 226.

I ended up flushing about 10 gallons through each plant. After what took me about 1.5 hours to complete, I got my run off water to PPM at about 700 PPM. I was shooting for lower but I honestly didn't want to fill the damn bucket again. So I am going to see how this goes.

Reason for my flush is to lower the nitrogen. Leaves are a bit dark as you can see in the photos. Thus far I haven't seen any improvement in the shade of the leaves, but overall my plants are looking healthy today.

I plan on doing a feed tomorrow, but will go light on the FF Grow Big which contains a good portion of nitrogen.

View attachment 1170934View attachment 1170935View attachment 1170936View attachment 1170937
Make sure to give em a dry spell before you give em anything, pots nice and light, and plan ahead let the water sit in the bucket(s) for a couple of days in case there is chlorine present it will dissipate. When I had blurple lights I took pictures through the lens of my led glasses the blurple goes away.
F0535730 092D 42C8 98CA E43A7BCCC633

Lilolme

Lilolme

🟪

... 🤔

Right there with ya, man. The growing process clearly has some kind of impact on my perception of time and space. I know my grow isn't taking very long, but at the same time its taking forever. heh
Does things to your head you would have never imagined it would, I warned ya

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Sorry I keep meaning to take un-blurpled photos. Ill take some tomorrow when I feed.

I am colorblind anyway. Its all the same. My daughter just thinks I dont know my colors.

I dig the glasses @Lilolme I have a feeling if I have those one and my wife walks in on me tending to the plants it might be a panty dropper for sure.

A GUY CAN DREAM CANT HE??

Lilolme

Lilolme

Sorry I keep meaning to take un-blurpled photos. Ill take some tomorrow when I feed.

I am colorblind anyway. Its all the same. My daughter just thinks I dont know my colors.

I dig the glasses @Lilolme I have a feeling if I have those one and my wife walks in on me tending to the plants it might be a panty dropper for sure.

A GUY CAN DREAM CANT HE??
The glasses were a gift from the Mars Hydro representative, I won’t go into the details It seems to upset @Schwer

Lilolme

Lilolme

Been 4 days since the rinse and hopefully a little dry spell how bout a peek? Blurpless if possible and a nice close look at a bud, I’ll just wait right here

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Been 4 days since the rinse and hopefully a little dry spell how bout a peek? Blurpless if possible and a nice close look at a bud, I’ll just wait right here
Ask and you shall receive my friend! Sorry for delay, too many meetings at work today...

20210921 150556
20210921 150609
20210921 150653
20210921 150658
20210921 150714

Still a bit dark I think. I fed today but avoided giving anything with too much nitrogen.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Ask and you shall receive my friend! Sorry for delay, too many meetings at work today...

View attachment 1171256View attachment 1171259View attachment 1171260View attachment 1171261View attachment 1171262

Still a bit dark I think. I fed today but avoided giving anything with too much nitrogen.
Look a lot happier, round that stage I was only feedin once a week then a water maybe 3 days later but your pots are smaller and probly dry out quicker. I hate to keep harpin on that but I’m glad I started doin it

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Look a lot happier, round that stage I was only feedin once a week then a water maybe 3 days later but your pots are smaller and probly dry out quicker. I hate to keep harpin on that but I’m glad I started doin it
I'm still running pretty high PPM. Around 1200 after I fed today.

You think they would benefit from another flush? Perhaps with using a flushing product to assist like Bushdoctor Sledgehammer?

And please keep harping away. Your advice has yet to steer me wrong! I totally waited until they were exxxxxtra dry today to feed and have been doing so the past few watering. I think it works really well.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I'm still running pretty high PPM. Around 1200 after I fed today.

You think they would benefit from another flush? Perhaps with using a flushing product to assist like Bushdoctor Sledgehammer?

And please keep harping away. Your advice has yet to steer me wrong! I totally waited until they were exxxxxtra dry today to feed and have been doing so the past few watering. I think it works really well.
An extra watering wouldn’t hurt anything instead of feedin yet, you might wanna back off to 650-750 ppm they can only take so much the rest just builds up, I hardly add any of the bloom nutes I use, 2 teaspoons in 5 gallons of water plus cal/mag gets me to 650 ish ppm and I read a lot on gradually backin it off from there in the last weeks of flower. I’m at week 9 and they will be gettin only water till the chop. In 9 weeks I have only fed 5 or 6 times

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 27 since flip to 12/12, day 16 if flower

Alright so I found some white powdery mildew today on a couple leaves. It started to get me thinking about why. My RH ranges from 44 to 65 and my Temps range from 67 to 78.

Here is a pic of the PM
20210922 094216

I made the call that it happened because of airflow. If you see some of prior pictures, my plants are pretty dense which reduced airflow and had a lot of leaves bunching up together, etc.... So I went ahead today and did my final defoliation for this grow. Took out all the big fan leaves and anything that was blocking a bud site. I also gave the plants a spray with a light mist of Pure Crop 1.

Here they are after their defoliation..I tried not to take TOO much off..

20210922 134632
20210922 134637

Here are the dead bodies:

20210922 135327

Lilolme

Lilolme

Day 27 since flip to 12/12, day 16 if flower

Alright so I found some white powdery mildew today on a couple leaves. It started to get me thinking about why. My RH ranges from 44 to 65 and my Temps range from 67 to 78.

Here is a pic of the PM
View attachment 1171542

I made the call that it happened because of airflow. If you see some of prior pictures, my plants are pretty dense which reduced airflow and had a lot of leaves bunching up together, etc.... So I went ahead today and did my final defoliation for this grow. Took out all the big fan leaves and anything that was blocking a bud site. I also gave the plants a spray with a light mist of Pure Crop 1.

Here they are after their defoliation..I tried not to take TOO much off..

View attachment 1171543View attachment 1171544

Here are the dead bodies:

View attachment 1171545
I have had leaves stickin together and wet it gets real humid when they become a thicket. A good deleafin in early flower is a good thing, might wanna watch the temps don’t drop too low mold likes that

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Dang man, sorry to hear about that WPM but well done on managing it. Most of my plants are super dense so I've been concerned about humidity and airflow too.

I think that thinning looks great, btw. She'll be breathing easy. 👍

Lilolme

Lilolme

In the last couple of weeks the “flush” consists of just regular waterin you don’t have to move em just give water as normal. No more nutes and all the recommendations I see are taper off the nutes, a little weaker each feed for the last 3-4 weeks before that

Top Bottom