GalaxysEdge Grow Diary (First Grow)

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

Day 66 since flip to 12/12, day 55 of flower

I got a new microscope that links to my phone. Its alright...just tough to keep it steady enough to get a clear picture. But I can tell my trichs are still clear.

Leaves are falling off pretty rapidly. The end is near.

Plant 1
View attachment 1183918

View attachment 1183919

Plant 2
View attachment 1183920View attachment 1183921
Ever see a sign painter with a long stick they rest their hand on to steady it? Wonder if that would work with the camera

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Ever see a sign painter with a long stick they rest their hand on to steady it? Wonder if that would work with the camera
Yeah I tried stabilizing it on a camera stand. It worked for the microscope but the plant itself moves ever so slightly.

These are the best photos I've got so far with that method:

2021 10 31 10 25 09 876
2021 10 31 10 26 51 014
2021 10 31 10 24 33 776

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

At least you can see whats goin on. There’s so many opinions ranging from 10% to 50% amber I just wait till I see a bunch mixed in
Yeah I dont see any amber (i dont think). I'm pretty bad at this lol and I am also pretty damn colorblind. But I am hoping the amber trichs will be alot more obvious.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Yeah I dont see any amber (i dont think). I'm pretty bad at this lol and I am also pretty damn colorblind. But I am hoping the amber trichs will be alot more obvious.
Ya want to look under normal lighting of course, once you see a few it’s obvious what your lookin for, keep pushin em they only get bigger and better

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Ya want to look under normal lighting of course, once you see a few it’s obvious what your lookin for, keep pushin em they only get bigger and better
Good point. This new microscope has the bright light LED light that reflects off the trichs. Almost makes them look white. Deceiving.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Quick update.

I will be chopping the trees down this week. Prob towards the end of the week.

I spotted a few amber trichomes this morning and will continue to let them develop a few more days.

A1d9bc3e24304535b5348bab7a4fe737

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Those are some lovely looking plants!

I'd love to see some updated trichome microscope pics if you have them... even if they're shitty, because it just so happens that I'm fluent in shitty-microscope-pics 🤓

For what its worth I saw amber trichomes show up many weeks before I chopped. The trichomes on the sugar leaves started turning amber while most of the trichomes on the calyx were still pretty clear. It took a little longer before I started seeing amber trichomes show up in the thick of the top and bottom flowers. In my case I also had some pretty purple trichomes that I guess are a genetic trait, pretty cool.

Have to see how bad the shrinkage gets em

That was a real shock, even though I knew to expect it 😖

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Those are some lovely looking plants!

I'd love to see some updated trichome microscope pics if you have them... even if they're shitty, because it just so happens that I'm fluent in shitty-microscope-pics 🤓

For what its worth I saw amber trichomes show up many weeks before I chopped. The trichomes on the sugar leaves started turning amber while most of the trichomes on the calyx were still pretty clear. It took a little longer before I started seeing amber trichomes show up in the thick of the top and bottom flowers. In my case I also had some pretty purple trichomes that I guess are a genetic trait, pretty cool.

That was a real shock, even though I knew to expect it 😖
I got a dumb guy question and I need the answer spoon fed to me lol. Can you show me exactly where on a bud I should be looking at trichomes?

I avoid the sugar leaves and i try to get to the actual bud. I also try to look at buds a bit lower on the stems and towards the middle of the plant.

Here a few older microscope pics from a few days ago. These dont show any amber trichomes notably.

2021 11 07 10 06 53 693

2021 11 07 10 06 26 324
2021 11 07 10 06 19 945
2021 11 07 10 05 24 144

Lilolme

Lilolme

I got a dumb guy question and I need the answer spoon fed to me lol. Can you show me exactly where on a bud I should be looking at trichomes?

I avoid the sugar leaves and i try to get to the actual bud. I also try to look at buds a bit lower on the stems and towards the middle of the plant.

Here a few older microscope pics from a few days ago. These dont show any amber trichomes notably.

View attachment 1186728
View attachment 1186730View attachment 1186731View attachment 1186732
Sounds like you lookin at the right places to me, they look a little milky but no ambers really they should be turnin soon though

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter

You got it wrong, dumb guys don't ask questions! 🤓

I checked the same type of buds you're checking per @Lilolme 's suggestion. Someone told me (or I read somewhere) to check the calyxes for trichomes, and I found it helpful to note that the calyx is the part the pistils extend from. So when you're getting in there with your microscope follow the pistils to where they're emerging and check there. I also found it helpful to scale back the zoom a bit on my microscope to get a larger field of view for more accurate percentage estimates.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Ok time for a more official update...

Day 58 of flower.

So I stopped feeding my plants at around 2.5 weeks ago. I think this has slowed the finishing process a bit. I was attempting to do just watering for the last couple weeks to flush everything out. I am considering giving them a light feed to hopefully jump start the finishing process here.

I am seeing mainly cloudy trichomes. One or two amber here or there, but rare enough that once I find one, I can't find it again if that makes sense.

They plants are definitely dying. Leaves are coming off like no tomorrow. Plant 1 is shedding faster. I think some of this is attributed to my cutting out nutes 2.5 weeks ago. As a first timer, that's a lesson ill likely take moving forward...dont stop feeding too soon.

Here some photos.

Plant 1:
20211109 160715
20211109 160727
20211109 160735

Plant 2
20211109 160721
20211109 160742
20211109 160753

Dead bodies
20211109 160803

Various microscope trichome pics:
2021 11 09 16 10 17 274
2021 11 09 16 14 30 384
2021 11 09 16 19 23 047

Mothman

Mothman

Ok time for a more official update...

Day 58 of flower.

So I stopped feeding my plants at around 2.5 weeks ago. I think this has slowed the finishing process a bit. I was attempting to do just watering for the last couple weeks to flush everything out. I am considering giving them a light feed to hopefully jump start the finishing process here.

I am seeing mainly cloudy trichomes. One or two amber here or there, but rare enough that once I find one, I can't find it again if that makes sense.

They plants are definitely dying. Leaves are coming off like no tomorrow. Plant 1 is shedding faster. I think some of this is attributed to my cutting out nutes 2.5 weeks ago. As a first timer, that's a lesson ill likely take moving forward...dont stop feeding too soon.
——
I can’t advise on growing since I’m just starting my first, but your buds look good enough to eat!
I would smoke that…. 💨👍

Lilolme

Lilolme

They are gettin sufficient nutes from the leaves as they use em up feedin em now is not gonna help but a very light feedin probly won’t hurt em either. A lot depends on the lights as far as fillin out I am discovering. Missin the timing was my biggest screw up at first thats why this time I didn’t think about flushin or stoppin nutes till very late in the grow, a lot of readin says skip the flush altogether. Part of learnin thats also why I don’t start countin flower weeks till I see actual flowering and plan on pushin em 2 or 3 weeks past the estimates

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Your plants look good to me man. I found myself removing a whole bunch of yellow, dried or otherwise ugly leaves nearly every time I entered the tent for the last three to four weeks or more. One of my BBK's was mostly yellow leaves by the end, lol. I think I screwed up my feeding schedule too, but I used a different medium so I can't speak to your nutes. I would get rid of any leaves on the tent floor though if you haven't already.

Keep on trucking!

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Push em to 70 days then chop, my official advise, at least wait till day 63, your gonna get some decent smoke for a novice
I like this assessment. I can get behind that. Thursday will be 60 days and ideally I could chop then because its veterans day and I got the day off.

But the buds have yet to work with my schedule this grow. Why should I expect them to now lol.

Next week is looking good. Thanks for the guidance again bro

Latest posts

Top Bottom