GalaxysEdge Grow Diary (First Grow)

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

Gettin close, havin tried both and done a lot of readin bout keepin em in the dark before harvest, may help may not, my advice would be to pick a day that you can harvest first thing before lights on and forego the 48 hr dark period. My clones dried fast on the outside but retained a lot of internal moisture so 3-4 days hangin durin very low humidity then jar or bag but monitor closely and may have to air em out every day for the first couple weeks. My Sour Diesel dried faster than the Green Crack,it had a lot less leaf material, so I am having to pour out the GC to let em air dry more than the SD. A month of close attention during the cure will be in order you wanna check em every day and air em out if they feel or smell too damp

Lilolme

Lilolme

I know your anxious to get things done, if your seein ambers remember that they will continue to mature for weeks after the chop and your damn close to that point so I wouldn’t blame you if you chopped this week, pick a day when you got a few hours to chop and clean em up

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Alright so I just took a look this morning with the scope (see photos below).

I still don't think I am seeing enough amber (if any) to chop them just yet. Plenty of milky. I feel like all other signs the plant is giving me is saying its ready. Retracted brown pistils, etc... What do you think?

2021 11 15 09 59 44 204
2021 11 15 09 59 32 815
2021 11 15 09 58 17 627
2021 11 15 09 56 45 068
2021 11 15 09 55 30 019

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

I still don't think I am seeing enough amber (if any) to chop them just yet. Plenty of milky. I feel like all other signs the plant is giving me is saying its ready. Retracted brown pistils, etc... What do you think?

View attachment 1188585View attachment 1188586View attachment 1188587View attachment 1188589View attachment 1188590
What day of flower are you at now? I’m kinda in the same boat I have a white widow that appears to be done and it’s only been 46 days in flower!!

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

View attachment 1188585View attachment 1188586View attachment 1188587View attachment 1188589View attachment 1188590
@Lilolme waiting on you to check on my trichs bro :)

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Rvw87x335hr51

I chopped yesterday.

I'll upload pics soon. Hands are full with sick kids today.

One thing I wanted to gripe about is that one of my plants had SEEDS! I was pissed. But I got over it pretty quick. I did a wet trim and I discovered about 5 or 6 seeds in total. I just don't know how I missed seeing any nanners? Or maybe the male plants I had in there early on (which I thought I quickly killed) pollinated? Who knows man.

Otherwise the buds look great. One plants seems pretty dense. The other seems really airy. We shall see how they dry and cure.

They are currently hanging in the grow tent. Got my environment at about 55 RH and 70 degrees. I had a fan in there initially (not blowing directly on the buds), but then I took it out. I dont think the conditions would be ripe for mold at this point, but I may add some air flow in if I get paranoid...I just don't want them drying too fast.

Anyway...ill post pics when I can.

Lilolme

Lilolme

View attachment 1189217
I chopped yesterday.

I'll upload pics soon. Hands are full with sick kids today.

One thing I wanted to gripe about is that one of my plants had SEEDS! I was pissed. But I got over it pretty quick. I did a wet trim and I discovered about 5 or 6 seeds in total. I just don't know how I missed seeing any nanners? Or maybe the male plants I had in there early on (which I thought I quickly killed) pollinated? Who knows man.

Otherwise the buds look great. One plants seems pretty dense. The other seems really airy. We shall see how they dry and cure.

They are currently hanging in the grow tent. Got my environment at about 55 RH and 70 degrees. I had a fan in there initially (not blowing directly on the buds), but then I took it out. I dont think the conditions would be ripe for mold at this point, but I may add some air flow in if I get paranoid...I just don't want them drying too fast.

Anyway...ill post pics when I can.
Congratulations! I have found an unexpected seed before but only one. Hard to slow dry this time of year don’t be surprised if it only takes 3 or 4 days for the outside to get crunchy then you gotta jar or whatever container your usin and slowly baby the moisture out of the center

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 2.5 of drying

I took some photos of the buds hanging which you can see below.

I have one question that I wanted to float by the group...

The dank, skunky smell has disappeared. The bud smells like mids. Its gotta be something like 20 years since I've smoked mids but damnit if I dont remember that smell. Why is that? Will the dank smell return?

Buds are still sticky to the touch and when I smell my fingers, I still do get a hint of the good dank smell (thats what she said).

20211118 091938
20211118 091945
20211118 091954

Lilolme

Lilolme

Day 2.5 of drying

I took some photos of the buds hanging which you can see below.

I have one question that I wanted to float by the group...

The dank, skunky smell has disappeared. The bud smells like mids. Its gotta be something like 20 years since I've smoked mids but damnit if I dont remember that smell. Why is that? Will the dank smell return?

Buds are still sticky to the touch and when I smell my fingers, I still do get a hint of the good dank smell (thats what she said).

View attachment 1189394View attachment 1189396View attachment 1189397
The smell and taste really come around durin the first month of curing, right now its locked in the middle and for the next month thats what the slow cure In the jars coaxes out into the dryer outer part. Its very important to the final product and can’t be rushed

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

The smell and taste really come around durin the first month of curing, right now its locked in the middle and for the next month thats what the slow cure In the jars coaxes out into the dryer outer part. Its very important to the final product and can’t be rushed
What about if/when I smoke it when it dries (before it cures)? Will it still be as potent?

Lilolme

Lilolme

When the leaf material left on the buds begins to get crisp jar it up, check it daily, pour it out in a big bowl for a couple hours if its lost its “crunch” and has become pliable again, the leaf material is the “wick” for the moisture deep within in the bud. The first 2 or 3 weeks require daily attention after that weekly checks and opening, in my case the jars, to release small amounts of moisture also known as “burping”

Lilolme

Lilolme

What about if/when I smoke it when it dries (before it cures)? Will it still be as potent?
No, it will be harsh and weak, the first month of curing brings out taste and potency, remember the trics and terpenoids are still maturing long after the chop, thats why I pick out the little stuff to sample to hold me over while the perty buds develop

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Idk about the smell while drying, i do know that the lack of oxygen once the budds are put in the mason jars helps to bring out the terps and aromas from the budds. Something to do with the bacteria on the flower and whatever happens when you dont allow air in the jars. My point is that the smell may get much better after your budd is cured correctly.

Lilolme

Lilolme

You’ll get a little buzz but more likely a bit of a headache too. I’ve been seein this in some of the local noob stuff I’ve been gettin reports on, just cause its dry enough to smoke don’t mean its ready theres still work to be done and the necessary passage of time for it to happen

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Just go grab a cheap oz and smoke on that for a lil but so not to rush your cure process. Youll appreciate it much more in the end....infact almost ALL of the more recent cannibus cup winners are all budds cured for like 6months. It just offers a much better smoking experience

Lilolme

Lilolme

Idk about the smell while drying, i do know that the lack of oxygen once the budds are put in the mason jars helps to bring out the terps and aromas from the budds. Something to do with the bacteria on the flower and whatever happens when you dont allow air in the jars. My point is that the smell may get much better after your budd is cured correctly.
Its more important than everything that happened before it goes into the jars, might as well trash it if its not cured at least close to correctly, tobacco, cheese, consumable alcohol (gagging, can’t even stand the smell) even beef. Many products people consume must undergo an aging process to become what many people are used to

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

You’ll get a little buzz but more likely a bit of a headache too. I’ve been seein this in some of the local noob stuff I’ve been gettin reports on, just cause its dry enough to smoke don’t mean its ready theres still work to be done and the necessary passage of time for it to happen
But I've read about plenty of folks smoking on a sample or two during the curing process and stating that it was a good smoke. And potent. Heck I think @Schwer tested his product before the curing process?

Am I making all this up?

Or are you all just being a couple buzz killingtons

Latest posts

Top Bottom