Garden Buddies

• Thread starter BinkyPiler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

Checked on the ladies and found this lil guy taking up residence on my Deathstar. What do y'all do with squatters like this? Let em hang till flowering starts? Get rid of em stat? Thanks for any info and for reading!

Garden buddies
Garden buddies 2
Garden buddies 3
Garden buddies 4
Garden buddies 5
M

MamaBear

That's a mama Jumping Spider on her nest. They are the best "hunting" spiders out there. Leave her and watch her babies hatch. They are a trip to watch, running up and down the stems gobbling up everything in their path! Thrips and mites are perfect food for baby Jumping Spiders. They will keep your plants CLEAN!!! My greenhouse has become an official nursery for them.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

Right on. Thanks for the input. Only downside to having her around is come flower time, I don't want a bunch spider webs on my flowers nor a bunch of baby carcasses that may get stuck on sticky nugs.

M

MamaBear

Not to worry! Jumping spiders don't usually make webs. They do make ones like you've got for their nest but they don't make big messy snare-webs like other spiders do. I've never had them get stuck in the buds, they prefer to run up and down the stems and leaves.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

Thanks MamaBear. I'll prolly still move em out once flower kicks off, but until then I'll let them squat.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

I have no idea what kind of lizard it was, but I watched one run away from under a pot the other day. Friggin huge! Never seen a lizard that big. Wasn't the weird neck kind. Crazy. This guy and some equally awesome brothers live in the barn and drop turds all around the fence.

M

MamaBear

Cool! Lizards and salamanders both eat lots of bugs. Wish I had a few roaming around in my yard! We've got grasshoppers everywhere this year.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

I've had to put the stomp on a few grasshoppers this season. Dang lil buggers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom