(garden safe) fungicide 3

• Thread starter fukwitit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fukwitit

fukwitit

has any1 ever use this for aphids and knats? how should it b applied?
Garden safe fungicide 3

WynterRye

WynterRye

That is not for aphids or gnats. That is a foliage fungicide that won't do crap. For aphid control look for a systemic. That means it moves down thru the plant. For good fungus gnat control you need nematodes or spinosad. Go to Monterey Garden products if you want OMRI.

fukwitit

fukwitit

it says it controls aphids and knats and it says its an extract of neem oil. sounds extactly what i need right?
That is not for aphids or gnats. That is a foliage fungicide that won't do crap. For aphid control look for a systemic. That means it moves down thru the plant. For good fungus gnat control you need nematodes or spinosad. Go to Monterey Garden products if you want OMRI.

Natural

Natural

according to the msds it has .9% of neem oil. If that's what you want you can get it more concentrated and therefore cheaper elsewhere. Neem oil on roots can burn the shit out of your plants..and if you use it as a foliar, I would use it at lights out. It will help toughen the skin on the leaves, and help repel bugs. BUT the most important rule about waging war on bugs is to know exactly what pest you're dealing with. Sticky traps can help catch them, to identify. Gnats and Root aphids live in the soil and then turn into fliers. Gnats are an easier battle..Root Aphids are a whole other story. They might even be thrips.

fukwitit

fukwitit

ya i been trying my best to identify them. i think imma pull everything n start fresh only prob is no seeds n funds are low atm XD.

Natural

Natural

fungus gnats don't hurt things too much. Thrips leave distinctive marks on the leaves and root aphids can be seen on the rootball. A jar with a splash of vinegar or a popsickle stick with a little honey might catch enough to see better.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fungus gnats can kill, IME, if there are enough of them and the plant(s) in question are young enough. However, DO NOT use neem as a soil drench, you'll smother roots just as surely. Takes a lot longer for FGs to kill than RAs, again IME for sure.

WynterRye

WynterRye

Neem oil is not what you what. Horticulture oils are hard to use if you dont know what you are doing. They cause phytotoxicity very easy. Azadiractine is the active ingredient in Neem oil. It is a very affective IGR against Trips and foliage aphids. So just buy the active ingredient there are lots of products out there with it in it. Much safer than neem oil. As for the gnats a drench with a neonicatine is still the best. Like marathon or flagship. Imdacoprid is the active ingredient you can find is a ton of Insecticides. It what you put on the back of dogs to control fleas. Advantage and Frontline. I like nematodes better they control for a longer time and work on trips. But maybe you can't get I own a 2 acre greenhouse so I buy from a company like BFG supply.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you read that neonicotinoids have been completely banned in Oregon?

Natural

Natural

seeing his other posts and what he is using for soils..I'm thinking it's fungus gnats. Although, I could be mistaken.
The cheapest route is to get some fly-paper and/or yellow sticky traps for the fliers. Then for the soil about 2" of Diatomaceous Earth on top of soil...or a product called Gnatnix around 1"-1.5" on soil. Both are very cheap and won't give you cancer.

M

Maine Strain

I have used pesticides twice and both times 2 weeks before the flip. The first time was Merit 75 and that crop is curing now. I will send a sample to a lab if someone can point me in the right direction. Second time was Eagle 20 and will do the same.
I am a gluten free, Lyme disease, can't even have msg guy. I don't want any chemicals in my weedies. I will post the reports here.

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not care if you are mr.clean crossed with polly ana you do not use such harsh chemicals especially when you do not know what you are attacking. Its posts like this that has fucked up our hobby making everything resistant because people do not know how to grow properly. JK

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Who's Polly Ana? +1 to JK
I do not care if you are mr.clean crossed with polly ana you do not use such harsh chemicals especially when you do not know what you are attacking. Its posts like this that has fucked up our hobby making everything resistant because people do not know how to grow properly. JK

M

Maine Strain

I guess I should take more time when I post a reply. I used merit 75 under the advice of a chem engineer for the AG industry. I was explaining the fungus gnat issues associated with coco and was told this would not only take care of the issue with limited quantity but "should not" be present within the flowers/plant so far away from harvest. She wasnt familiar with Eagle20 but based on her knowledge if I wasnt using it within 60 days of harvest she found it hard to believe it would still be present within the plant. She did warn of the dangers of pesticides during application and of course there consumption there after. She did recite though that many systemic pesticides were not present after lab testing in certain foods within 30-45 days after application.
I would like to avoid backing up her integrity/mindset with stories of how she believes in crop rotations etc to make her seem more human than mad scientist. She is not a pesticide advocate at heart, but felt in my situation it was warranted.
Moving on. The short point I made of having limited to no tolerances for chemicals and having Lyme was more to the side of me actually having severe reactions to all sorts of environmental factors. I do not need any others to confuse what really may be bothering me on that day. Could any of you supply me with a lab that can/will receive MJ samples from the state of Maine and could test for such carcinogens? Preferably one that could test for thc/cbd etc as well.
I feel it would be beneficial to the community if such knowledge was then shared. Thanks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't see why Steep Hill wouldn't work out for you in this scenario. There are probably a lot more labs out in Colorado, though, so I'd hit up the cats who are out there.

Top Bottom