Gardening Software

• Thread starter matamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
matamus

matamus

After doing a quick search on the google machine you don't find many out there. There is one that just recently got funding from an investor group but still needs some work. Here is my idea (sorry if there is a thread started) as we all migrate to a digital world well some of us, we need software that is also doing so. Has anyone come across a software that allows you to attach a scannable barcode to the container and using any IOS/Android device allows you to scan the code input what was done to it and basically everything that has happened to that plant from clone/seed and it all would feed into a laptop/desktop and to all the employees who work for you. Im assuming state like CO/WA have some sort of tracking mechanism like this for retail purposes? I have been toying with Grow Buddy its free. Also the software that got investors was MJFreeway.
Anyone have software developing skills?

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

After doing a quick search on the google machine you don't find many out there. There is one that just recently got funding from an investor group but still needs some work. Here is my idea (sorry if there is a thread started) as we all migrate to a digital world well some of us, we need software that is also doing so. Has anyone come across a software that allows you to attach a scannable barcode to the container and using any IOS/Android device allows you to scan the code input what was done to it and basically everything that has happened to that plant from clone/seed and it all would feed into a laptop/desktop and to all the employees who work for you. Im assuming state like CO/WA have some sort of tracking mechanism like this for retail purposes? I have been toying with Grow Buddy its free. Also the software that got investors was MJFreeway.
Anyone have software developing skills?

I think if you broaden into your search for inventory management software you can find a whole lot of existing solutions they may use UPC codes instead of QR. Please let me know what you findI am also interested in this. Thx.

M

Mr.23

I have idea.. have you seen athome depot the workers who push a little cart? In the cart it has the screen, the label printer with the scanning gun.. this would be good for position solely doing scanning as the battery on those lasts days... then again i may be off topic here.. sorry!

HiPlainDrftr

HiPlainDrftr

MJFreeway does have features like that. From what I remember, you could enter all sorts of data into it: feeding recipes, feeding schedules, room temps, final yields, sales data, etc.... the problem was extracting the data to analyze it. MJ wouldn't let you. BioTrack isn't has thorough, but has an awesome reporting feature that allows you to extract data into spreadsheets, making it extremely useful.

S

sgbfcoop

Grow bddy has desktop, tablet and soon phone software. But no Barcode support iirc they are good about communicating it could be easily added I'm sure. I've been waiting for the phone version for a while.

HERBiq still exists and is 100% functional It's open source.

There are also the 1.0 and 2.0 spreadsheets from the Netherlands that area couple decades old I can upload when I get back to the office.

miko

miko

I am doing some testing of these. The HerbIQ looks the closest to what will help me, and its free/open source. Looks like you can download 7.0 and then upgrade to a 7.8, which I am doing. Will post more about it after I do some testing this week.

miko

miko

Here you go guys. As promised CannaPlanna 1.0 & the hard to find 2.0 version.

@DutchGrower420
Worksheet 1- way easier than the software I was testing above. Worksheet 2- way cooler, but in german, so I won't really mess with it. Worksheet 1 is all a guy really needs to track start/chop time on flower.
Thanks for sharing!

S

sgbfcoop

I have the 2.0 in English somewhere just can't find it.

I had translated it with Google translate and what I knew from the other one. If I find it I'll up it as well. It goes quick just edit the text and copy paste in and out of the doc to Google translate 'dutch'.

All credit goes to dutch grower 420 in Holland

matamus

matamus

Dang guys thanks for all the info. Will be testing all of them see which I like.

miko

miko

I am all about simple for my brain. With me being solo person working, It is hard to keep everything on schedule. This is what I did with the excel sheet below.
I usally run 9 batches of 12-15 per group. Currently I only have 4 working due to being in between winter/spring.
In the spring I will be back to 7-9 groups in flower and this worksheet will help a ton.

I could do the same for Veg groups, but I usually just grab the ones I like and flip them anyways, so charting wont help me there.

I basically keep the same thing on white boards in the garden, but this will be nice to have at my office desk to keep them both updated.

matamus

matamus

Has anyone tried setting up a microsoft access database using excel for something that can be accessed from various locations. I like the simplicity of using excel but combining it with access might just take it another step. If I had the time I'd try and create it but working two job, well really three including the grow and it beginning to be fishing season hahahaha
IMG 0048
, I find it hard to find time to tinker. Appreciate all of the great responses excellent thanks guys!!!!

S

sgbfcoop

I have idea.. have you seen athome depot the workers who push a little cart? In the cart it has the screen, the label printer with the scanning gun.. this would be good for position solely doing scanning as the battery on those lasts days... then again i may be off topic here.. sorry!

Let's not forget thus as well. All big box stores have an inventory and sku management softwsre like he is describing and it has a Barcode scanner linked to a database and often they are toting around a little printer that prints off price lables or new barcodes or skus.

Commercial invetory tracking already exists around us. where do you find used equipment like that?

Top Bottom