Gauging when to Flush on unknown strain...?

• Thread starter Swany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FruitOfTheLabor

ive seen cloudy stay couldy for a month.. while trying to amber this bitch up.. it just wouldn't amber up at all it was fuckin weird..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Use to know a guy in high school, think his name was Caesey. His nickname was Caveman 'cause he never wore shoes and his feet were thicker skinned than rhino rumps. He was pretty savvy also ;-} I want to pull after flower production has stopped, and I want it well flushed by then. I would assume the high or med bennies will not increase at this point so why not pull it? There for I need to start flush before then.

How long does it usualy take from when you first start seeing cloudiness to when you start seeing amber?
Diffrent plant behave different in fact one of my funnest plant to grow would grow lavender trics right next to the clear in the begining , that plant would rarely get past 20% amber regardless of maturity or manipulations....

Are you doing anything specific in your environment to mimmick the fall?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

For what its worth ive seen and experienced plants provide results contrary to common belief for example getting tore up from the floor up on preemie immature buds ...ive even enjoyed some noncured bud better then some that have been cured... Last but not least ive smoked all clear tric that rivaled couch locked legends and blazed with a clear mind on the amber....

Im not saying all the folks that say "clear tric = head high amber=body high " are wrong but what im saying is these plants are so unique in themselves and so ecological that ONE should not be surprised if they experience results contrary to common belief

Nothing is concrete or absolute with cannabis, NOTHING

That is why some farmers who can provide consistent results believe they got something figured out that the rest of are not aware of and mark my words within a week or two they learn something new and may reconsider what they thought was a GAURUNTEE...

As far as manipulating a plant too ripen and show amber trics there are many indoor tricks as far ad how effective they are depends on the plant and grower familiararity...

Let me know if youd like to hear some suggestions in attempting to recreate fall to induce ripening
Peace and chronic greaze

Swany

Swany

Are you doing anything specific in your environment to mimmick the fall?
I would love to hear any tips you have on fall conditions manipulations. All I'm doing at the moment is decreasing light time by about 15 min a night. Thanks ;-}

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I would love to hear any tips you have on fall conditions manipulations. All I'm doing at the moment is decreasing light time by about 15 min a night. Thanks ;-}
Checkout my thread called Diminishing Light Flower schedule

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Drop the temp about ten degrees in day and fifteen at night for starters and ill post some more later ! Peace

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The big yielding farmers usually argue with me but ive even seen some extra swelling from raising the light at the end two and even changing bulb back to mh

Swany

Swany

The big yielding farmers usually argue with me but ive even seen some extra swelling from raising the light at the end two and even changing bulb back to mh
thx ;-} I changed the lights back to MH in the middle of week seven. Today marks the first day of week 9. Got a proper scope on Sunday and with that saw that I still have mostly clear trichs, some cloudy and a few amber... Nothing to confuse me or anything ;-}

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Try not to overwater its tough but some dry spells blowout crystals and i even do the last few waterings with a lil bit of ice too slow watering down and cool root temps...

Unit541

Unit541

In my garden, flushing at the end is a no no, so my answer to the original question of when to perform the final flush before harvest is never. I know a lot of farmers will disagree with me on this, likely as a result of differing personal experiences (either that or their just regurgitating crap they read somewhere else on the inter-webs). However, MY experience has been that there is no benefit to flushing at the end, in fact the opposite is true for me. I like to jack up the PPM's when most people start flushing. Cutting the food when it's the most hungry makes for an unhappy plant. Good bud comes from happy plants.

Keep in mind I'm in hydro. I DO flush coco moms regularly, but only to get the media back in spec.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ya a ripening annual plant is most hungry at the end thats hilarious

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

To get texhinical flushing (3-5 x's root medium space rinsed through roots at ounce) is only in response to fucking up the feeding but i am guessing swany meant giving plain water but hey that just a guess

Swany

Swany

In my garden, flushing at the end is a no no, so my answer to the original question of when to perform the final flush before harvest is never. I know a lot of farmers will disagree with me on this, likely as a result of differing personal experiences (either that or their just regurgitating crap they read somewhere else on the inter-webs). However, MY experience has been that there is no benefit to flushing at the end, in fact the opposite is true for me. I like to jack up the PPM's when most people start flushing. Cutting the food when it's the most hungry makes for an unhappy plant. Good bud comes from happy plants.

Keep in mind I'm in hydro. I DO flush coco moms regularly, but only to get the media back in spec.

I am new, but tend to lean toward flushing. I know with some things everyone does it "the"way because everyone has always done it that way. My thought on this is it's valid. I broke a small bud off a few days ago when pulling dead leaves. I set it aside until mostly dry and tried smoking it. Good stone, but way harsh. It will be a test of sorts to try some again after the flush and a proper cure. Doing the proper cure will also effect smokeabilty, true, but I think getting all the NPK goodies out of the plant will help the burn. Love that you're willing to share something controversial none the less!

Unit541

Unit541

Ya a ripening annual plant is most hungry at the end thats hilarious

Wow, the immensity of your input here is astonishing... :rolleyes:

Ever notice, that of all the plants mankind grows, Marijuana seems to be the only one that's ever "flushed" before harvest?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

My bad that came out wrong i apologize...^^^^*
Ya the word flush is so open for interpetation theres a few threads on it and in nature the rains rinse i dont think they flush unless the water is different in the fall then in spring which is possible

Swany

Swany

Ever notice, that of all the plants mankind grows, Marijuana seems to be the only one that's ever "flushed" before harvest?

good point. I looked up a bit on Tobacco 'casue it's the only plant that comes to mind that we smoke other than cannabis. Could not find anything about flushing though they do seem to take weeks to cure it or use heat to cure it faster. Maybe that long cure helps process what's left in the plant instead of flushing.

Top Bottom