Gavita 1700e LED Light canopy distance

• Thread starter Budbiggieled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Bro your plants looks good, no unbalances no pest no problems.....a neat grow overall.
I learned in this few years of LED growing that you better lay the numbers down and feel the plants......how many fixtures you got paired in that room?

Some genetics dont do well under high intensity LED, some require much more magnesium...in general they require more temperature and more humidity but i found out that high temps are beneficial ONLY during veg and first week of flowering, then drop it to normal levels to retain terpens and flavor.....otherwise big buds with no sugar...
And i really cant immagine a plant touching a 600w of diods and producing tasty frosty flowers?! ?!

K

Kereau

Bro your plants looks good, no unbalances no pest no problems.....a neat grow overall.
I learned in this few years of LED growing that you better lay the numbers down and feel the plants......how many fixtures you got paired in that room?

Some genetics dont do well under high intensity LED, some require much more magnesium...in general they require more temperature and more humidity but i found out that high temps are beneficial ONLY during veg and first week of flowering, then drop it to normal levels to retain terpens and flavor.....otherwise big buds with no sugar...
And i really cant immagine a plant touching a 600w of diods and producing tasty frosty flowers?! ?!
Yeah they look good but the bud production and trichomes are non existent. I've been growing for 13 years and never experienced problems like this. I would think if there was any nute lock or deficiencies you would see it in the leaves, but there is no sign and there is DEFINITELY something wrong here. If you watch the video the plants in the front are SUPER stunted, the others just stopped building body altogether in week 2.5-3. I pulled one of the plants last night and the root ball is the size of my hand, in a 5 gallon pot, soil. I'm thinking thats the problem, root development. Under these LED's (I've always grown under HPS and never had these kind of issues) the heat is so different, the dry back is different, I don't think soil or soil in a 5 gallon pot is good. These plants to amazing in veg with the lights at 100% intensity, in flower I've turn them down a little, and alot, I've had about 4 failed runs in a row so I've tried just about everything you can think of. I've changed nutes, altered humidity levels, light intensity, co2, heat, watering more, watering less, nothing helps no matter what I do. Now I feel like just trashing the lights and going back to HPS, but this is so frustrating that I'm unable to figure it out, its driving me crazy. Next test is that I'm having a friend today bring over some plants in 2 gallon coco pots and see how that does, will be much better dry back, and likely better root development as all I'm hearing is coco is so much better under these LED's. and 5 gallon pots are just too big for these plants. I've always grown in 5-7 gallon pots under HPS and grown incredible flower. I've even sent tissue samples in to have them checked for disease etc HLV, russet mites etc, negative. MIND BOGGLING AND MADDENING to say the LEAST!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I feel you....switching from HIDs to LEDs can be frustrating, but once dialed in the efficiency its all over , i agree that HPS can give you very sweet results quality and yield wise but LED are more efficient...much more savings on electricity...
If you are 100% sure that light intensity is not a problem then im wondering if the clones you got are coming from a HIDs phenohunt and mothers...
Did someone run the same clones under LEDs with good results?
Cause thats another thing, some genetics dont do well under these lights....and need to do a phenohunt under LED to find the gem....
I dont think that the medium has something to do with this, a genetic i was runnin was yieldin 1.6 GpW in 3 gal pots with soil......
hope you get it sorted soon!!

K

Kereau

I’m on day 24 of flower and I made a rookies mistake.... I didn’t account for the height of my room the be a problem but it is. The girls have legit blown up in flower. I’m running the gavita 1700e and ideally trying to keep the light canopy height 2ft away at 100% power. There are some plants that are only 1ft away and some slightly closer then that. Plants are showing no stress at all in just trying to foresee any problems I’ll have in late flower.I’m growing in coco keep co2 level at 1500 and canopy temperature 75-78 degrees. Question being should I be worried about fox tailing or light stress further into flower? Do I need to find away to further the distance of my light? Any suggestions or options would be appropriated! Thank you
I'm super curious to see how your flowers do over the next few weeks so please keep updated. I've had nothing but major problems just after where you're at even with the desired distance from the lights when using the Gavita 1700e lights. I have 6 lights in a 120 square foot room, keep the room at 81 degrees, co2 at 1500, lights at 85%. Mine look just like yours in day 24, then they just stop producing crystals and they don't really form like what I'm used to under HPS.

Top Bottom