• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi gents ,keen to see some pics of your grows and at what distance without
an ac...the recommendation from gavita is 2.5ft for 3x4.5 area.my room is 5x5
Would i have to suppliment my area as putting lights up to 3ft cutting it close
with 7ft ceiling.few guys have mentioned the 150deg hood can b used to
get light lower...gavita mentions its not suitable..i really wanted to run it about
2fr but aint gonna cover the 5x5 room..
Gavita 6750  light to canopy distance

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hi gents ,keen to see some pics of your grows and at what distance without
an ac...the recommendation from gavita is 2.5ft for 3x4.5 area.my room is 5x5
Would i have to suppliment my area as putting lights up to 3ft cutting it close
with 7ft ceiling.few guys have mentioned the 150deg hood can b used to
get light lower...gavita mentions its not suitable..i really wanted to run it about
2fr but aint gonna cover the 5x5 room..View attachment 825319
I'm on my first grow, so keep that in mind, but I also use a gavita 6/750 in a 5x5 tent. It's 6.5 ft tall. With proper air flow I have had it as close as 18 inches from the top of my plants.

Later, I decided to just raise it as high as I could and nothing really changed. What I mean, is the plants didn't stretch at all, so they were still getting plenty of light. However my entire tent isn't filled up. I only have 3 plants. Before I hooked up my Central air to my tent, temps would get up to about 86, sometimes 88. Here is my grow journal if you're interested.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-first-grow-ever-sour-diesel.97855/

Madmax

Madmax

Gee your doing well so far.and here i was blowing out how am i going to keep em short worrying about the distance from canopy to light. And your roof is 6.5 well ya doing better than me..ive never grown a plant indoors as yet..but getting all the gear i need to start..

I like that hygrometer showing high and low settings for the last 24hrs or so.mine doesnt show that..will watch your grow with interest..

Last edited:
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Gee your doing well so far.and here i was blowing out how am i going to keep em short worrying about the distance from canopy to light. And your roof is 6.5 well ya doing better than me..ive never grown a plant indoors as yet..but getting all the gear i need to start..

I like that hygrometer showing high and low settings for the last 24hrs or so.mine doesnt show that..will watch your grow with interest..
Thanks! I feel that air flow and training your plants is key when you are running this kind of setup. Even without my AC, things were going really good. But I had the means to hook up my AC, so I went for it.

I've also read of people keeping the gavita at a fixed height and using it for the entire grow, and letting their plants grow into it. Although, I feel that is a waste of electricity as you don't need much light for your seedlings.

My next grow I will probably leave the gavita as high as I can. I will hang my cheap LED beneath it, then just remove it when they are ready for more light.

Good luck to you!

Top Bottom