Gavita 600se Vs Nanolux 600de

• Thread starter lavenderlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lavenderlove

lavenderlove

how's it going? i can get these fixtures for the same price in the bay. i'm looking to light a mid sized room with only 7 foot ceilings. the nanolux will save about 6" of vertical space based on the height of the unit , which would be in my favor, but i dont want to sacrifice quality especially at the same price.. i know off the paper statistics the double ended SHOULD work better.. but.. which fixture is better? do they create the same amount of heat? the nanolux pulls 2.7 amps per unit and the gavita pulls 2.8 amps per unit. thanks

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

In my humble opinion I would say.. save your money and get a BML Spydr fixture.. even the "spydr 600" $1,500 LED will outperform the DE fixtures.

-GG

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

I second that emotion.

I've actually seen the same clones take 65 days under dual Gavitas and about 60 days under the single BML spydr and the BML came out better quality and higher yield despite that it was only 1 LED fixture.

It's after all as I said, "In my humble opinion" and you are rightfully entitled to yours.

-GG

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I could buy almost (7) gavi 600 de's for the cost of (1) Spydr...cost also has to be figured into your cost benefit analysis...we have this conversation at least once a week with the different, latest and greatest, LED manufacturers, needless to say there aren't any successful large scale LED grows that I have seen or been offered access to....In the production world "GPW" is a totally irrelevant number, we do not pay our bills per watt except electricity and we still break that down per square foot, all other bills are per square foot. Most everyone uses an output per square foot calculation like a retail store would and equipment as well as capitol investment is usually put on a 3 year return on investment/amortization calculation. It would take decades to get your money back on an LED light based on output and efficiency..the numbers just don't work.

Gavita, PL Lighting, and Nanolux are the current game changer..we are starting to see over 3 lbs per light consistantly with mixed strains in a large scale production environments using less ac, less power, cheaper per fixture cost, with more quality output than that of traditional air cooled or open hood remote ballast setups.

Real info not opinion

Last edited:
sdgrower

sdgrower

I could buy almost (7) gavi 600 de's for the cost of (1) Spydr...cost also has to be figured into your cost benefit analysis...we have this conversation at least once a week with the different, latest and greatest, LED manufacturers, needless to say there are any successful large scale LED grows that I have seen or been offered access to....In the production world "GPW" is a totally irrelevant number, we do not pay our bills per watt except electricity and we still break that down per square foot, all other bills are per square foot. Most everyone uses an output per square foot calculation like a retail store would and equipment as well as capitol investment is usually put on a 3 year return on investment/amortization calculation. It would take decades to get your money back on an LED light based on output and efficiency..the numbers just don't work.

Gavita, PL Lighting, and Nanolux are the current game changer..we are starting to see over 3 lbs per light consistantly with mixed strains in a large scale production environments using less ac, less power, cheaper per fixture cost, with more quality output than that of traditional air cooled or open hood remote ballast setups.

Real info not opinion
@Texas Kid drops the mic

The Terps

The Terps

Like tk said man those be the ones just grab the nanos so you don't kick yourself in the butt when you wish you had 6 more inches like ya said. My 2 cents, all stats should be so close it's almost irrelevant other than bulb longevity.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I could buy almost (7) gavi 600 de's for the cost of (1) Spydr...cost also has to be figured into your cost benefit analysis...we have this conversation at least once a week with the different, latest and greatest, LED manufacturers, needless to say there are any successful large scale LED grows that I have seen or been offered access to....In the production world "GPW" is a totally irrelevant number, we do not pay our bills per watt except electricity and we still break that down per square foot, all other bills are per square foot. Most everyone uses an output per square foot calculation like a retail store would and equipment as well as capitol investment is usually put on a 3 year return on investment/amortization calculation. It would take decades to get your money back on an LED light based on output and efficiency..the numbers just don't work.

Real info not opinion
Perfectly said. Ur the man bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom