Gavita Pro 1000 + MASTER GreenPower Plus - worth it?

• Thread starter Simon Adebisi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I use 1 of Gavita remote ballast.. I like them better then the all in one units. I can use after market hoods(none cooling)that produce better par then the OEM hood did. Any ballast will fire the 400V DE bulbs but will not run it like it's suppose to. I did a test using a Matirx ballast it did not produce the same PAR as the Gavita ballast. There also inafficent compared to the GAVITA and E-PAP ballast.. I contacted Soilice-Tek they confirmed none of there ballast will run the 400v bulbs properly. If you want to use any DE 400V Bulb it must be capable to do that. Galxy turbo, Photom do no not provide the 400v the DE bulbs need according to there spec sheet. Lumatek does make 1 that will provide the 400v from there spec sheet...There are DE bulbs out now that do not need 400v to operate properly on any digi ballast . The bulbs are about 30$ cheaper..

green punk

green punk

I use 1 of Gavita remote ballast.. I like them better then the all in one units. I can use after market hoods(none cooling)that produce better par then the OEM hood did. Any ballast will fire the 400V DE bulbs but will not run it like it's suppose to. I did a test using a Matirx ballast it did not produce the same PAR as the Gavita ballast. There also inafficent compared to the GAVITA and E-PAP ballast.. I contacted Soilice-Tek they confirmed none of there ballast will run the 400v bulbs properly. If you want to use any DE 400V Bulb it must be capable to do that. Galxy turbo, Photom do no not provide the 400v the DE bulbs need according to there spec sheet. Lumatek does make 1 that will provide the 400v from there spec sheet...There are DE bulbs out now that do not need 400v to operate properly on any digi ballast . The bulbs are about 30$ cheaper..

I will accept your statement with much respect.

I have spoken with Lee at Sunlight and and Aaron at Hydrofarm each told me the "latest" Phantom, Galaxy grow amp, and Lumatek along the obvious Gavita pro will fire and run at full capacity the Philips/Gavita Pro plus 1000 watt 400 Volt EL DE as well as the Ushio Double ended AHS-DE 1000w/ Pro plus bulb(s).

I personally will be going with Gavita Digistar when I make the move.

I really would like to see the results of the test(s) that @GR33NL3AF is involved in.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I wouldn't use any Ballast unless the spec sheet says it will run these bulbs. It must be in print. I don't trust any of them. Those guys will say anything for people to buy there ballasts. If they say it will work properly there should be no issue with them putting that in there spec sheet. Lumatek spec sheet on there pro series does say its for DE 400v bulbs the others do not. Solice-tek was honest about there ballast not working properly for 400v bulbs. Gavita and E-Papillon are the 2 main 400V DE ballast sytems.

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

A few different people making DE bulbs now for different running voltages which muddies the waters and is exactly what they are trying to do,the truth is getting harder to find.For me if its a 400 volt bulb you better have a 400v output ballast,so the simple question to ask is does your ballast output 400v or not?Not will your ballast fire the bulb.By the same token i also would not try to run a standard bulb off a 400v ballast i guess so it cuts both ways.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I will accept your statement with much respect.

I have spoken with Lee at Sunlight and and Aaron at Hydrofarm each told me the "latest" Phantom, Galaxy grow amp, and Lumatek along the obvious Gavita pro will fire and run at full capacity the Philips/Gavita Pro plus 1000 watt 400 Volt EL DE as well as the Ushio Double ended AHS-DE 1000w/ Pro plus bulb(s).

I personally will be going with Gavita Digistar when I make the move.

I really would like to see the results of the test(s) that @GR33NL3AF is involved in.
Digistar is the safe move bro, I'll scrounge up some bits and pieces of info today for you. What specific comparisons in equipment are you interested in?

purpleberry

purpleberry

I would make sure everything else in your room is set up first. AC, dehumidifier, co2, air circulation, ect. Also are you running open hoods now? If not ditch the glass and ducting and make sure your room will handle it. I think a lot of big increases in yield or because guys are going from air cooled hood to bare bulb DE. Not a fair comparison, I would guess small increases in yield over hps, closer to the difference in light output, %10. If all other things are equal.

green punk

green punk

Digistar is the safe move bro, I'll scrounge up some bits and pieces of info today for you. What specific comparisons in equipment are you interested in?

For starters if the other ballasts will run the DE bulbs at max potential. I really would like to see the Ushio ran vs the Philips with the same equip/ ballasts. And have the par ratings and so on at different heights evaluated and measured.

Hank

Hank

In the last few days I've been reading up on the Gavita Pro 1000 & MASTER GreenPower Plus combo. From what I've read, they are able to deliver for light per watt than traditional HID systems.
Currently I've been using 1000w HPS. Would it be worth the investment for me to upgrade? I would do upgrade if yield would increase by a substantial amount.
Hey Simon I've been using the Gavita pro 1000 with very good results. Take a look at some of my posts.
I think its worth the investment.

Top Bottom