Gavita Vs Solis Tek For 8 Foot Ceilings

• Thread starter peterjohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
yeah the gavita 600 will def yield more than a 315, but 2 315s will outperform the gavita every time. You sacrifice sq footage with 315s but you cut your power drastically. It's more beneficial in a commercial application - once you get to the point where the power bill is more than your rent the transition starts to make sense.

but yeah - 4.4 amps to yeild a pound and some change is just absurd once you start growing under 315s

Yeah, definitely not in a commercial setup. I love the spectrum from the 315 but running a single light and not having multiple overlapping 315s, I think I am much better off with the gavita 600se. My temps dropped 2 degrees going to the gavita also which surprised me.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Holy cow, i just switched from 315 lec to the 600 se gavita, never realized the 600
Se drew 4.4 amps. ?? This is my first run with the gavita 600 se and hands down beating the 315. This is in a 4x4 tent with a 3x3 canopy.
Gavita 600SE draws 2.75A@240v and about 5.5A@120v not sure where 4.4 is coming from?My 6/750s pull 3.5A@240v on 750.
600SE is a great fixture,your gonna like it.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

4.4 amps is a 1k gavita at 240.... Watts/VoLTs=amps

And current trends are at 3plus per fixture for a 1k de bulb fixture

Where do you get 3+ per light from? Hearsay? I've seen a few gardens pulling that, most sit at 1.5-2 under de. I've seen a number that don't even do that, it's all about how hard the grower wants to work on his crop/basic knowledge.

The Terps

The Terps

I can think of 4 growers i know that hit 3 per 1k consistently and I have done it once and been at 2.9 twice. I tend to be closer to 2.5-2.75 per 1k consistent.

The Terps

The Terps

No secrets to gardening man stay on top of the basics and listen to your plants. Try and improve lil by lil and you will. But ya gens and environment. I doubt anyone is pulling 3 plus with the forum in a non controlled environment

2DogWalker

Yeah @We Solidarity im always going around spouting hearsay lol... im in the building industry I see more rooms and results than just my own. It happens.. I got 1per in my shitty little lec room wanna come help me weigh it up?

2dog

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Yeah @We Solidarity im always going around spouting hearsay lol... im in the building industry I see more rooms and results than just my own. It happens.. I got 1per in my shitty little lec room wanna come help me weigh it up?

2dog

Yeah for sure, I see a lot too idk how many at this point, Ive built three gardens with de's grown in five and consult for two currently, not to mention the past grows I've worked with and the black market guys who are honestly the only ones routinely getting 3 per...I get to see lots of averages from the industry, there might be 5 commercial (legal) grows in co that routinely get over 2 per light as an average yeild.

Either way- the argument isn't whether de's work, if you know what they're doing they do- it's that 315s yeild more dollar for dollar. If you can pull 3 off a gavita then 1.2 per is easily doable with 315s. The argument is moot unless you're running a commercial space and see how much money you save without sacrificing production. A 12 light room pulling 30 lbs or a 30 light room pulling 30 lbs, one needs 60 amps of power the other needs 40 amps. One needs about 60 amps to cool, the other needs about 40. Idk- I can save enough amperage off two rooms to build out a third, and I have overhead space to do it since I'm not building a grow room with a 12-15 ft ceiling anymore.

LoudFarmer

LoudFarmer

Yeah for sure, I see a lot too idk how many at this point, Ive built three gardens with de's grown in five and consult for two currently, not to mention the past grows I've worked with and the black market guys who are honestly the only ones routinely getting 3 per...I get to see lots of averages from the industry, there might be 5 commercial (legal) grows in co that routinely get over 2 per light as an average yeild.

Either way- the argument isn't whether de's work, if you know what they're doing they do- it's that 315s yeild more dollar for dollar. If you can pull 3 off a gavita then 1.2 per is easily doable with 315s. The argument is moot unless you're running a commercial space and see how much money you save without sacrificing production. A 12 light room pulling 30 lbs or a 30 light room pulling 30 lbs, one needs 60 amps of power the other needs 40 amps. One needs about 60 amps to cool, the other needs about 40. Idk- I can save enough amperage off two rooms to build out a third, and I have overhead space to do it since I'm not building a grow room with a 12-15 ft ceiling anymore.

And that's definitely a game changer for the industry, which brand do you use for 315s when consulting?

Latest posts

Top Bottom