Gavitas are they worth the change over from hps?

• Thread starter Thedoorz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedoorz420

Thedoorz420

Looking to get a bigger quality yeild ive been averaging 13 ounces or so was wondering if the gavitas will give me that lb

Nef420

Nef420

13 ounces using what type of light? Like as in how many watts is your hps set up? And I'm pretty sure you can increase your yields with other ways instead of buying a "better" light or whatever. I don't even know too much about them but what about how long you grow them? Any LST? I know that helps. Topping? Or lolypop the shit out of you plants to make larger colas rather than smaller popcorn that could give you less weight? How many plants do you have for your light?

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Also want some info on gavitas.what's a good price?600s or 1000s?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If your only hitting 13oz's per 1k there is a ton of work to be done with what you have before stepping up to a Gavita plus your going to need high ceilings to really be able to take advantage of the Gavita.....one of our spots just hit 3.8lbs a light with Gavitas which is not typical but we are on our game...we just hit 2.53lbs a light with old school 1k's, right at 28lbs off 12k

Coir

Coir

Power consumption is not brand specific but rather wattage specific. All 1000W bulbs will use the same amount of electricity(give or take a tiny bit) per hour.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

If your only hitting 13oz's per 1k there is a ton of work to be done with what you have before stepping up to a Gavita plus your going to need high ceilings to really be able to take advantage of the Gavita.....one of our spots just hit 3.8lbs a light with Gavitas which is not typical but we are on our game...we just hit 2.53lbs a light with old school 1k's, right at 28lbs off 12k

Thems some nice numbers.

I read you said that you are seeing some bleaching. I see it from time to time, sometimes half the plant is faded like Fe deficiency. It seems to occur on the outer edge of the reflector's footprint but the plants and parts of plants directly under the bulb are fine. Is that same general area of the footprint you see it, or is more wide spread?

FiveAM

FiveAM

From what I understand and have read, you need at least 36" away from the tops of the plants, otherwise these lights will fry the tops and otherwise harm the plants. I've heard one person say something about 30" but I know he had ideal conditions to do such a thing.

TK knows his stuff for sure, for anyone who doesn't know.

T

toquer

Just reviewing my electric bills since my change over. I have 16 lights in flower. They used to be 1000w HPS, they are now 750w gavita. My summertime bills dropped roughly 450 a month, my wintertime rate is looking to be 600 a month cheaper than before my switch. Have to dig up last year's bills to see what the true wintertime difference is as I did the switch during summertime rate.

Change to yield? Yes!! Measurable? Hmmm, not sure, really hard to keep track because of unforseen circumstances. But none the less, the scrog is much more full than ever in the past. The humidity is easier to control as the lights help dry the air more than the xxxl's did. There is no glass to clean anymore. It's quieter in the flower room and in the warehouse. I'm almost certain I can run my room with 14 instead of 16 lights and not see a drop. Just my input from the past 5 months.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Well holy shit!!! That is awesome, way to go.

Stalks

Stalks

In other words it's not "are gavitas worth it?" It's really "am I worth gavitas?"

In Texas Kids place, hell fucking yes! Lol

We're the 3.8 and 2.53 referenced the same strain? If not I wonder what the strain that hit 2.53! Killer work boss

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

TK is on point, but I have been experiencing similar results with clients. Not those damn numbers, but DE is the way to go if you have at least 9 foot ceilings.

not for tents, lol!

sixstring

sixstring

Someone throw up a link to more info on Gravita, please!. I am totally new to them but am now very very curious!
Monstergardens has a few videos on them onntheir youtube channel.ive only ran mine a few months and I love em.running the 750de on 800 and about 30 Inch from 5he canopy.maybe closer, ill have to take some measurements.

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

Ya buddy if your running a 1k and only getting 13z you have some learning to do. Hang in there we all been there.
Dont get discouraged. There are some good people on here you should do allot of reading and get some more grows under your belt before you go get a Light like that so you can utilize its potential other wise you will be spinning your wheels. I just dont want to see you go out and spend a bunch of money and then be disappointed once more. Nothing will work without Dialed Environment Environment Environment first and foremost. So read and ask questions you will be good. I mean look at everyone coming out right away of you. Thats why I love this place No one on here will ever put you down just help you get on up. TK is a Vet. You da man....

The Terps

The Terps

Gavitas will increase your yield a little if your environment and feeding or soil building is dialed in but not by much unless you increase the square-foot per light. (I'm only speaking for the 1000 watt version) so to increase your yield with gravitas more substantially you need to run a 5x5 or even 6x6 instead of a 4x4. So if you run 6x6 instead of 4 you increase your grow space by 60ish % and if you yield half as much on the extra perimeter than the internal 4x4 space and you usually yield 1lbs a light your yield would increase by 3/4 of lb per light on paper.

So for those of you who are already running a full room with no plan to expand but thinking of switching to gavitas ask yourself how many lights can I take out of my room and acquire the same or slightly improved yield with gavita.

Top Bottom