gday, any information about growing in/outs from seasoned growers would be appreciated

• Thread starter muppet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

muppet

hi, just setting up 2 x 20ft shipping containers, with a massive flood and drain tray in each, A/C wired in, and 3 or 4 x 600W HPS in each.
10,000L to 3000L water tanks to mix weekly nutrients
anyone that could help with any knowledge of similiar would be appreciated.
for example coco or coco/perlite blend,
pot size?
what height to grow them to, and what height to expect outside
best to use indica, or sativa or hybrids
whether to super crop/ lollypop/ LST/ fim -all of the above / none ?
whether to use air pots or anti-spirals
different scenarios that summer and winter provide
stick with the hps or switch to led's
18h or 24h?
any hard won knowledge is appreciated
cheers

M

muppet

no man, when they go out they will sit in 400L soil pots, i know the size is over kill but termites are terrors, and its essentially the same as a garden bed at that size

PooToe

PooToe

What is your grow experience as far as choice in mediums? Are you doing this for production/dispensary sales or for personal use? Where will your sea containers live? Indoors or out? Are you going for full automation? Will you be using one container as a dedicated flower room and the other for veg and whatever else you need to do? Will you be watering by hand or using automated irrigation? Why are you using incandescent lighting and not LED?

I used to build out sea container grow rooms so I can probably answer most of your questions.

Most of my buildouts were of my design unless the customer wanted something different. I did many dual 20 foot container builds as most would use one as a veg and propogation room along with housing nute tanks, water res, kitchen for mixing stuff up, etc and the other as a dedicated flowering room. This eliminates the need to change the light schedule as each room is dedicated for a purpose.

Flower room consisted of:

2 - 4 x 8 flood trays
1 - Air Handler for the mini split compressor unit
1 - 60 pint dehumidier
4 - Air cooled Raptor hoods with 1000w bulbs
1 - CO² injection system with PPM monitor
1 - Automated Irrigation System

Veg room consisted of:

1 - 3 x 6 flood tray
1 - Air Handler for the mini split compressor unit
1 - 60 pint dehumidier
1 - Air cooled hood with 1000w bulb
1 - Automated Irrigation System

If you use coco you will need to setup an automated irrigation system as coco needs frequent watering due to its low water holding capacity.

In the flower rooms we would run 3 gal cloth pots with 21 plants in each tray

Don't understand this question "what height to grow them to, and what height to expect outside". Aren't you growing INSIDE the container?

Cultivar choice depends on if you're doing production growing or just for yourself. Indica hybrids is what I would choose mostly because they are compact in growth so that you don't run out of head room.

Plant training techniques? Whatever you need to do to get you to your goal. There isn't much room in there after the plants are in flowering phase.

Air pots are great for root health but cloth pots are almost as good. Your choice.

As far a seasons, it depends on if your containers are indoors or out. If they're indoors then weather isn't going to affect them much. If they are outdoors then you need to contend with the container heating up and cooling down affecting your climate control.

LED

24 hrs? Are you growing autos?

Setup some way for you to be able to move your tray tables from one side of the room to the other easily. Like a pivot table. Again, not much room with flood tables in the container so being able to move them from side to side allows for more room to work on them and better access to each side of the flood table. You'll need to setup your lights a little off axis unless you decide to center them and move the tables to the side just for access. I would make giant 4 x 8 moving dollies and place the trays on top of them for easy movement.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Something like that you def want to look at either rockwool or a coco/pearlite mix. Just top feed for ease. Getting around in those things is a nightmare. Just run trellis netting to make sure you can use every inch of canopy.

When it comes to the lighting I personally prefer hps but you have to make sure to size your ac appropriately. And remember there is not insulation in those shipping containers so make sure to oversize your ac for when summer rolls around

N

Natep

Knf is Korean natural farming. Making natural fertilizers by fermentation. Works well with a no till living organic soil.

M

muppet

cheers. theres an organic agricultural range of products over here called nutri-tech solutions, they have absolutely everything to make the most insane living soil, which i have done before and will probably switch to, after i have everything up and running, but ill start with coco/perlite.
ive also bought 6 metre by 1m coolroom panels and im going to make a shell for the container with whirlybirds

Top Bottom