Gdp #2

• Thread starter singlespeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlespeed

singlespeed

Farmers,

Here we go again.:party0044: I decided to start a new thread for this grow. My last thread was tainted. With Mildew. I'm happy to inform that this was my fastest turn around between harvest and starting again. I only had 7 days of downtime. No bad, especially with Christmas and family.

I cleaned my room and got it dialed in. I mopped floors and walls with bleach and ran a fungus/mildew fogger too. I'm hoping that kills any spores in the room.:muscle I have to get better about washing my hepa filter too.

I picked up clones this afternoon. They look super healthy. All of babies are 6"-7" tall and have ample white roots. I only got 24 plants this time. I had 36 last time. Which means I'll need to fabricate new manifolds this weekend. Currently, they are under a 600 watt MH lamp. The hoods are raise to the ceiling, of course.

Here is where use some help. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. What ppm are most folks starting their clones at?

I'll be placing them into 4" rockwool cubes tonight. Below are some pictures,

Single

Dec28 clean room
Dec28 clones1
Dec28 clones2
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Nice, is this your 4th round in a row now with the GDP? are you getting the clones from the same source every time so they are always from the same mother? I think you made the right choice with fewer plants this run, last round your canopy was so thick I wasn't super surprised when PM showed up, it has happened to me multiple times in the past. I am here and ready for the show!! Good luck with everything, and nice job on the quick turnaround.

-Meeks

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Great new start & great cleaning out the room.. U should start them off with a nice spray down with some compost tea.. There is beneficial bacteria in the tea that will put a coat on the leaves & eat off any PM that might b on them.. Do a foliar spray with tea every now & then in veg & early bloom & PM won't have a chance 2 survive thats what i do 2 my plants but that's cuz I can get compost tea 4 free at my local hydro store.. If u can't get it locally u should hit up G.O.D & buy a gallon of his tea it's good stuff & would work the same..
I usually start my clones off light with around 250-300 ppm.. Good luck with this grow

singlespeed

singlespeed

Nice, is this your 4th round in a row now with the GDP? are you getting the clones from the same source every time so they are always from the same mother? I think you made the right choice with fewer plants this run, last round your canopy was so thick I wasn't super surprised when PM showed up, it has happened to me multiple times in the past. I am here and ready for the show!! Good luck with everything, and nice job on the quick turnaround.

-Meeks
Thanks for checkin out my new grow. This will be my 5th time in a row growing GDP. I love Granddaddy. Growing it and smoking it. I'm really excited about less plants too. Less humidity and less feedlines to accidentally unplug. It should help with the mildew too. BUT I have to do a better job trimming under the canopy! The clones… well… I picked em up clones from a club in San Jose. I was suppose to meet up with a friend of Ken Estes today, but it didn't happen. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait around for clones this time either. I'm in a bit of a time crunch. After this grow my wife is evicting the grow room. Ouch! another kid on the way. So this will be my last grow where I'm here. And then I relocation and upgrade!!!!

I'm getting Ken's cut here in the next few weeks. I also want to see what all the hype is surrounding this WIFI strain. I' haven't started from seed before, but I think it's time… My friend has a space available for mothers, so I have start my own, because getting random clones in bullshit!

Very nice clean up ...let's get the ball rolling...

Werd...

Great new start & great cleaning out the room.. U should start them off with a nice spray down with some compost tea.. There is beneficial bacteria in the tea that will put a coat on the leaves & eat off any PM that might b on them.. Do a foliar spray with tea every now & then in veg & early bloom & PM won't have a chance 2 survive thats what i do 2 my plants but that's cuz I can get compost tea 4 free at my local hydro store.. If u can't get it locally u should hit up G.O.D & buy a gallon of his tea it's good stuff & would work the same..
I usually start my clones off light with around 250-300 ppm.. Good luck with this grow

Yeah doggie, I like the sound of this tea. If I stroll into my local hydrostore and ask for it, will they know what asking for? Is there a certain brand? Have you used greencure? I dipped them in a "Dr. Dolittle or DoX" solution before putting them in my room. I believe that more for mites though…

Single

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yeah doggie, I like the sound of this tea. If I stroll into my local hydrostore and ask for it, will they know what asking for? Is there a certain brand? Have you used greencure? I dipped them in a "Dr. Dolittle or DoX" solution before putting them in my room. I believe that more for mites though…

Single[/QUOTE]

Yea I've tried green Cure b4 it's good stuff I got it on hand juss incase I get a issue but I've been good since I've been using compost tea..
Hell yea ur hydro store will know what ur talking about.. They prolly go some brewing at the store that's how my hydro store does it anyways.. If ur hydro store don't make there own they will sell the stuff so u can brew your own in a 5 gal. Bucket with airstones.. But u can buy a gallon from G.O.D & he can ship it 2 ur place.. The gallon will make a grip of batches of compost tea.. Ether way 2 go juss try some compost tea out it's great stuff I water with it & spray the plants down.. U can't have enough Bennies

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I smell purple.....those clones are looking nice bro looks like it's gonna be another round of dank..how you liking the MH bulbs? looking forward to seeing you run these again hope she goes great!

singlespeed

singlespeed

Single

Yea I've tried green Cure b4 it's good stuff I got it on hand juss incase I get a issue but I've been good since I've been using compost tea..
Hell yea ur hydro store will know what ur talking about.. They prolly go some brewing at the store that's how my hydro store does it anyways.. If ur hydro store don't make there own they will sell the stuff so u can brew your own in a 5 gal. Bucket with airstones.. But u can buy a gallon from G.O.D & he can ship it 2 ur place.. The gallon will make a grip of batches of compost tea.. Ether way 2 go juss try some compost tea out it's great stuff I water with it & spray the plants down.. U can't have enough Bennies[/QUOTE]

I have a hydrostore visit planned for today. I'm out of hydrozyme. Dammit! I
pick up some tea as well. If not, I'll hit up GOD. I assume he workz at a hydrostore too.

I was thinking 300-400 on clones and you say 250-300, so I'm thinking 300 will be a perfect starting point.

I smell purple.....those clones are looking nice bro looks like it's gonna be another round of dank..how you liking the MH bulbs? looking forward to seeing you run these again hope she goes great!

Thanks for checkin out my new thread. Hopefully, they stay healthy. In the past, I've had transplant shock after I put them into cubes and begin feeding. :sick0018: I have the previous details in my written journal. I'll look at it today and post the past symptoms. Maybe you guys can share you thoughts.

Maybe the MH bulbs will help with that. I'll don't have much feedback on the MH yet but I'll keep you updated. I do think its better they're for taking pictures though. LOL

Single

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking good. I also start the girls out with 3-400ppm.

compost tea, At the dro store ask for Vermi-t.

Don't forget to hit the girls with a sulphur burn and silicon.

Hit your girls with vitamin b-1 the day before you transplant, that will help with the transplant shock.

-lead

singlespeed

singlespeed

Looking good. I also start the girls out with 3-400ppm.

compost tea, At the dro store ask for Vermi-t.

Don't forget to hit the girls with a sulphur burn and silicon.

Hit your girls with vitamin b-1 the day before you transplant, that will help with the transplant shock.

-lead

Lead, thanks for advice. I'm excited to try this tea everyone is talking about.
How early can you start using silca? I use Protekt. I still need to get the sulfur burner/vapo thing. I heard you have to cover you carbon filter before you burn it. Have you heard that?

What does b-1 do? I've never used it and know nothing about it… Is it a spray or rez application? Should I use it when transplanting into my cubes? Just once?

I'll be constructing a manifold this weekend. Less plants=new manifold. It should be fun!

Good to hear form you,

Single

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

No G.O.D dosent work 4 a hydro store but he works at a Cali Cannabis Club in SoCal & he has his own Nutrient line with some killer nutes he gots a kick ass tea.. He gots everything a plant needs 2 grow & 4 way cheaper then the hydro stores..

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Lead, thanks for advice. I'm excited to try this tea everyone is talking about.
How early can you start using silca? I use Protekt. I still need to get the sulfur burner/vapo thing. I heard you have to cover you carbon filter before you burn it. Have you heard that?

What does b-1 do? I've never used it and know nothing about it… Is it a spray or rez application? Should I use it when transplanting into my cubes? Just once?

I'll be constructing a manifold this weekend. Less plants=new manifold. It should be fun!

Good to hear form you,

Single

Your Welcome. If you use the regime, it really helps in preventing pm/mold.

I use silica within 1st week after transplanting clones 1/2 strength. seedling waiting 2-3 weeks. After they are under hid then foliar spray em.

-----

yes, probably best to remove the carbon filter to remove the sulphur fumes. motorized duct damper is the ticket, that way you do not have to detatch your filter when using sulphur. Do not use sulphur along with neem foliars. can fry your girls.

----

Thiamine / b-1 apply for transplanting/taking cuts/topping/overfeeding/lightstress are few examples of when can be used.

They got some b-1 products at your local dro shop, same w home de pot or local gardening supply. Superthrive 1/2 drop per gallon is not too pricey.

----

FYI, There are rubber plugs sold for the manifold holes.

May be able to use some of them rather than make a new manifold.
westcoast growers has 20 of em for $1.95.

----
more info on b-1
Thiamine (Vitamin B1):
B1 is produced in the foliage of plants and transported down to the root system where it has an effect on root growth and development. In tissue culture and rooting preparations, B1 helps to stimulate the growth of roots on new plants but this is best used in combination with rooting hormones. B1 can assist at any time in a plant's life with root regeneration where the root system has been damaged or stressed through high salinity, pathogens such as pythium, nutrient deficiencies and toxicities, high fruit loading etc but only if the foliage of the plant is unable to produce sufficient supplies for this purpose. Use of B1 is seen as a 'back up' or 'insurance policy' as it is difficult to determine if a plant which has come under stress is capable of producing sufficient B1 to send down to the root system to assist in cell development. Use of Vitamin B1 in plants is the same as in humans - it is most useful where a deficiency exists for some reason. B1 is best applied as a seed soak to speed up germination (root growth), or as a foliar spray.
B1 is an organic compound and as such is rapidly broken down by microbes in the nutrient solution (they love to eat carbon based compounds), adding high amounts of B1 may ensure sufficient thiamine stays in the nutrient for a few hours for some plant uptake, but generally microbes will break this down rapidly as well. FHD
good growin,

-lead

singlespeed

singlespeed

No G.O.D dosent work 4 a hydro store but he works at a Cali Cannabis Club in SoCal & he has his own Nutrient line with some killer nutes he gots a kick ass tea.. He gots everything a plant needs 2 grow & 4 way cheaper then the hydro stores..

I'll message him today. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

singlespeed

singlespeed

Your Welcome. If you use the regime, it really helps in preventing pm/mold.

I use silica within 1st week after transplanting clones 1/2 strength. seedling waiting 2-3 weeks. After they are under hid then foliar spray em.

-----

yes, probably best to remove the carbon filter to remove the sulphur fumes. motorized duct damper is the ticket, that way you do not have to detatch your filter when using sulphur. Do not use sulphur along with neem foliars. can fry your girls.

----

Thiamine / b-1 apply for transplanting/taking cuts/topping/overfeeding/lightstress are few examples of when can be used.

They got some b-1 products at your local dro shop, same w home de pot or local gardening supply. Superthrive 1/2 drop per gallon is not too pricey.

----

FYI, There are rubber plugs sold for the manifold holes.

May be able to use some of them rather than make a new manifold.
westcoast growers has 20 of em for $1.95.

----
more info on b-1
good growin,

-lead

B1: I picked a small container of "something…Thrive"(Organic)? I added it to the nutrient solution. This is what I added to a gallon of 5.8 pH R/O water. B1 6ml, GH 3 part 5ml of each, and 5 ml hygrozyme. My ppm came out to 300.

I fed them about 1/2 gallon because the cubes already soaking in the reservoir. I tried the 4"x3" rockwool cubes. They seem pimp!

Sulfur: I'm torn on this one… I'm receiving conflicting advice and some folks are saying that it's not worth the trouble because of the size of my room. Most recommended a fogger. I went with a anti - fungus/mildew fogger. I used it before putting plants in there. I'll try that for now and if I get it again… well then, sulfur burner it is…

Manifold: My current manifold has already been modified and is lookin pretty ho-ass. Plus, I love building stuff! PVC is so cheap and want to sure my brother how to build em. I'm teaching how to fish. He'll be helping me with my garden while I'm working and traveling. Damn day job…

I'll have pictures of the new block shortly.

singlespeed

singlespeed

Ok so here they are in blocks. I already screwed the pouch! I left the babies in the and they ran out a water before I made it back. Only a few were dry and 1 looked pretty rough. Luckily, when I checked this morning they all looked healthy and perky!

I have 8' ceilings and my lights are raised all the way up. I have them at 600 watts. How soon are most folks out there lowering the light and turning the up to 1000? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Single

CLones is blocks
CLone dry
MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

good to hear they are okay.....I personally never feed my clones when I transplant them I'll just give them water for first few waterings then a light foilar feed with growth plus and then I'll start them on some nutes Personally I think u shock clones that size when u feed them they need to develop some roots before they start eating, I have had way heallthier plants doing this.......and for vegging keep them on 600 and high away from plants then when they start to grow lower lights and increase wattage, I will start them on 600hps for 2-4 days then I'll up it to 1000watt and keep cool tube around 2-3 feet from canopy and they veg beautifully, just keep on eye on them and you will figue out what makes them happy!

singlespeed

singlespeed

good to hear they are okay.....I personally never feed my clones when I transplant them I'll just give them water for first few waterings then a light foilar feed with growth plus and then I'll start them on some nutes Personally I think u shock clones that size when u feed them they need to develop some roots before they start eating, I have had way heallthier plants doing this.......and for vegging keep them on 600 and high away from plants then when they start to grow lower lights and increase wattage, I will start them on 600hps for 2-4 days then I'll up it to 1000watt and keep cool tube around 2-3 feet from canopy and they veg beautifully, just keep on eye on them and you will figue out what makes them happy!

thanks for the input. what type foliar spray do you use? B1?

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

this is the stuff seems like it's hard to find online but it's a marine algae extract plant food, great for foilar and I put it in veg teas as well

01165.JPG

singlespeed

singlespeed

this is the stuff seems like it's hard to find online but it's a marine algae extract plant food, great for foilar and I put it in veg teas as well

01165.JPG

thanks for your input, I'll look for it at the hydro store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom