GDP First plant grow diary

• Thread starter BobHasBurgers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Sneek a peek through vent this morning. Some colors are fading as I near end of week 7 ish...

IMG 0867

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I'm noticing that my GDP clones are simply producing more buds and proper colas than the mother plant! Is this a common occurrence or is it because I'm less of a plant killer on this second grow. I've laid off the nutrients now that I have a great PPM meter. Watering only occurs when the pots are truly feel light when lifted (you just know!), and not smothering the plants every couple of hours. I peek in once in the morning and that's it unless I have some cleanup or watering to do in there.

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I pulled out a cheap loupe and took pics! This is the best I can do with a cheap $10 Jeff Bezos dot com marvel and iPhone. All pics of buds only and not the lower fan leaves as I did in my first grow. Attached photos below.

IMG 0957 2
IMG 0961 2
IMG 0963 2
IMG 0967 2
IMG 0972 2
IMG 0978
IMG 0980

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

It's watering time. Last watering had 700 ppm runoff water so I added no nutrients. I'll be going with ph balanced water only for next 10-14 days as plants near end of flower. Among the nutrients used in this grow is Cana boost for flowering stage. My question is can I add my Canna boost and nothing else to the ph balanced water?

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Decided to continue feeding as I'll need to go another two weeks. That would put it between 9-10 weeks and GDP is approximately 9 to 10 week flower time. We'll see what she looks like then. This morning I swear I saw more weight on them!

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

One of my top heavy GDP colas was falling over. "I bring so many bud gifts I can't stand upright". Very nice problem to have. I had seen this in other grow journals and wondered if mine would ever get that large. It happened! Today I gently tied a soft support elastic thread on the branch and up to ceiling support. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON MY FIRST GROW! In fact, this second grow doing much better!

IMG 0990

Last edited:
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Into week 10 of flower for these GDP clones, Bubba Kush, and White Widow. I'm guessing that I'm getting close. Maybe another week but those pistils are still hanging around in large numbers.

GDP1
GDP2
GDP3
GDP4

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Into week 10 of flower for these GDP clones, Bubba Kush, and White Widow. I'm guessing that I'm getting close. Maybe another week but those pistils are still hanging around in large numbers.

GDP1
GDP2
GDP3
GDP4

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Within current grow tent is this White Widow. I think this one is getting closer...

TempImageEX6ylJ
TempImage2CKWqk
TempImageR1NNh5
TempImageMCy0Ss
TempImage6HANQV
TempImage8WK2Ky
TempImageFaNSrh
TempImagel4CHb6
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I chopped White Widow today. Wet trimmed and fingers would not separate just halfway through the plant. Soapy water didn't help and had to use Iso Alcohol couple of times to keep going - OMG! This is what happens when you grow to bona fide maturity. This shit is going to be deadly for smoke - can’t wait to try it. Put her into drying tent for now. Follow up soon.

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I hope I didn’t screw this plant up. A well known and credible member, in another forum, said the plant was no where near maturity, chopped way to early at 10 weeks, and it was not fed properly. If this guy is right then this plant goes in the trash. This plant is supposed to average 7-9 weeks flower and I went 10ish. Pistils gone or red, trichomes turning amber, and plant changed colors toward the end. Very frustrating trying to dial in the right chop time with so many online peanut galleries screaming chop now vs. wait another 6 years plus Cal mag!

Last edited:
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

We're putzing along with this GDP. This plant was watered just yesterday. First grow (mother plant) was good but chopped too early at 102 days from seed. This one I have no idea while some tell me if was ready a week ago and others say not quite ready. I've only recently learned and been paying more attention to pistils changing colors no matter what week I'm on. Captured some trich pics below.
TempImageTfo7jf
TempImageJ98h6l
TempImageu14xfr
TempImage8ePMQ9
TempImagePgzu3H
TempImage9orgfQ
TempImagejmmby9
TempImage6O1bqh

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I really need to wrap up this thread as it went from first time grower to Mother plant and clone babies. These plants couldn't even stand on their own anymore. Chopped it all down after going longer than the first grow. Will update dry weight and pics soon!

Heywood

Heywood

I really need to wrap up this thread as it went from first time grower to Mother plant and clone babies. These plants couldn't even stand on their own anymore. Chopped it all down after going longer than the first grow. Will update dry weight and pics soon!

This is a really good thread. I don't know that you need to close it down at all. I just sat here for like the last 45 minutes reading through all of it.
And I am not even stoned. LOL. It's nice to see how rapidly you have progressed.

That White Widow... my first ever grow. As much as I jacked up that grow with over watering and too much nutrients half the time, still came out pretty damn good.
It's a great strain for beginners to learn on.

Anyway - Just wanted to say that was an enjoyable read and you've done a pretty good job from the start. Picked up on it quickly.

Cheers!

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

We hung it for an hour and I went ahead and threw this out as well. Really strong scents though! Couple of experienced growers agreed these needed at least another 3 weeks pushing them into week 15 flower. I do believe with at least 3 more wks to go, it would of been shit to smoke at this stage anyway. Autoflowers are looking more and more attractive. I had been so opposed to autos that I don't even know what strains are available. Any suggestions from experienced Auto growers message me with your easy to grow favorites! :)

FGD
TempImageYXQDAv

Heywood

Heywood

Wait... What? You saying you trashed all these buds you're showing in the pics above, based on the pistils rather than the amount of cloudy/amber trichomes?

If I had taken them that far and thought maybe I had chopped them early, I still would have made hash from them if there was even a slight amount of amber trichomes.

Whiterunt

Whiterunt

We hung it for an hour and I went ahead and threw this out as well. Really strong scents though! Couple of experienced growers agreed these needed at least another 3 weeks pushing them into week 15 flower. I do believe with at least 3 more wks to go, it would of been shit to smoke at this stage anyway. Autoflowers are looking more and more attractive. I had been so opposed to autos that I don't even know what strains are available. Any suggestions from experienced Auto growers message me with your easy to grow favorites! :)

View attachment 1245127View attachment 1245128
Why throw it out ? That's mad , it could be amazing .

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Gave it away :)

Just ran out of my first run of purchased seeds from Rocketseeds (Dotcom)
Since I started my first grow October of last year, I practiced on a few plants.
Unsure what direction to take in regards to growing, what seeds to order next, and what I'll do different on next grow.
Currently germinating some Jack H and today a Cereal Milk seed popped. Not sure if the Mendo B clone will make it.
Here's a pic of Cereal Milk grown from a seed I found in an 1/8th I bought a while back. I have no idea what will come of this plant but will try to help it along.
Back to the seed providers, I'm guessing I should place an order with Humboldt? A real authority that's been around for a while!
Any suggestions? Thank You in advance :)

TempImagedytrto

Last edited:
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

My comment "threw this one out" had some picturing a dumpster of sorts. I've responded elsewhere and pasting response here:

I gave it away. In good hands to dry/cure and will sample later. There was a lot of flower! Will get dry weight, off branches, before curing. While we've been a cancer patient household for last six years, I know others in similar treatment who benefit from it.

From another forum and same discussion:
Howdy Blueberrymilkshake! Thank You for believing in me and I BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR SAGE ADVICE. Third grow will be in oven until it's frickin' done. Not even setting up seedlings for next veg tent while next grow moves into flower. I will not be rushed or distracted by anything at all. Will post those strains on another thread once plants are in flower. Will add link here when it's posted. And we're gonna ride and drive, like we stole that big ole' F***n' Princess Ganja Patience bus right down the middle of that desert highway! And that's what's gonna happen here. Will return in a few weeks with greenery pics.

Ripe

Last edited:
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I forgot to mention these in the corner.
So there was four different strain plants that wouldn't fit into the 4x2 when I began my second grow. And I have two little ones outside with buds growing! And I don't know how to grow this plant outdoors! Just going to roll with it for now. I guess I can post pics of those two outdoor plants later. The four seedlings include:

(1) Mendo Purp I grew from seed which I pulled from a bud!
(1) Blue Dream grown from seed (Rocketseeds dot com)
(1) Jack Herer (Rocketseeds dot com)
(1) White Widow (Rocketseeds dot com)

I transplanted them into 1 Gal. pots and kept them there into flower. I figured I'd be finding out how good/bad 1 Gal. pot would yield me. I knew it was going to be impossible to do with those plants what I did with my 5 and 7 gal pots but I had nowhere else to put them but in my second and final 2x2 with 100 w. spider farmer. Results were OK given smaller growing space and lighting but a lot of TLC. Let's push these along! I would like to succeed at this little bunch of plants as I would like to experience Blue Dream and White Widow for the first time using my own home grown. Would also be nice to see that Mendo P finish well (although smaller yield) as I smoked the bud that seed came from :) Enjoy the pics in order above.

IMG 1344
IMG 1359
IMG 1360
IMG 1362

Last edited:
Top Bottom