GDP Seeds? Thoughts?

• Thread starter PwnanObrien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

I normally just stick with cuts from myself and a few friends along the CA coast, but recently had the urge to switch it up. Just spent about 500 on seeds last night. I went with GDP's Ken's Kush, Candyland, and Phantom Cookies. Ive heard Ken's stuff is Fire, just gathering as much feedback as i can. Pheno variation( or lack thereof), germ rates, customer service, etc. Any and all thoughts on GDP seeds. Thanks in advance.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I myself is vieing for some GDP beans, growing from seed is a diff experience than with cuttings.
I love the Vigor bean growth over the cuttings rate. deff check on veg time before flowering as to have
your ladies mature enough. if growing for a mother, top the nub and supercrop.
High times June/2013 issue covers the GDP Ken Estes strain.
At 6 weeks it start showing purple coloring.
He puts 6 plants under one 1,000 watt light. 18-22 inches from light to canapoy.
The white hairs start turning red towards end ( that's nothing new)
He harvest at about 50% red, trichomes start turning amber.
about 1.5 lbs per light
using both soil and coco based mediums.
plenty of air circulation
8 weeks flower
50% humidity
temps 70 -78 F
stay below 81 F or no longer turns purple.

The article was more about his company and set up, but there was some info on GDP.
Grow big or grow away...;)

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

I myself is vieing for some GDP beans, growing from seed is a diff experience than with cuttings.
I love the Vigor bean growth over the cuttings rate. deff check on veg time before flowering as to have
your ladies mature enough. if growing for a mother, top the nub and supercrop.
High times June/2013 issue covers the GDP Ken Estes strain.
At 6 weeks it start showing purple coloring.
He puts 6 plants under one 1,000 watt light. 18-22 inches from light to canapoy.
The white hairs start turning red towards end ( that's nothing new)
He harvest at about 50% red, trichomes start turning amber.
about 1.5 lbs per light
using both soil and coco based mediums.
plenty of air circulation
8 weeks flower
50% humidity
temps 70 -78 F
stay below 81 F or no longer turns purple.

The article was more about his company and set up, but there was some info on GDP.
Grow big or grow away...;)

Err...Thanks for covering elementary growing basics for everyone bro, but was really just looking for first hand experience with GDP Seeds. Btw, if youre running your RH at 50% in bloom you may wanna try dropping it a bit. HTH

Bannacis

Bannacis

My bad... the 50% humidity is Ken Estes thing not mine...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Was gunna grab some seeds from them at the LA can cup but a few minutes of talking with them changed my mind. They were mixing up the parents of their own strains (which were on a poster hanging above their heads) and they had a couple hundred clones sitting out but none of them were for sale til the next day

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Was gunna grab some seeds from them at the LA can cup but a few minutes of talking with them changed my mind. They were mixing up the parents of their own strains (which were on a poster hanging above their heads) and they had a couple hundred clones sitting out but none of them were for sale til the next day
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. The seeds are en route so time will tell.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I grew kens gdp a short while ago. I didn't find the pheno I was looking for but I will say the germ rate was 100 percent, they were exceptionally strong as seedlings, and they dealt with stress very well. Beautiful colors and great nose, just didn't find " the one". maybe you will have more luck, all the good were prob in your pack.

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

I grew kens gdp a short while ago. I didn't find the pheno I was looking for but I will say the germ rate was 100 percent, they were exceptionally strong as seedlings, and they dealt with stress very well. Beautiful colors and great nose, just didn't find " the one". maybe you will have more luck, all the good were prob in your pack.

Nice dude, I actually didnt go with the actual GDP seeds this round. They were out of stock. Next time

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Nice dude, I actually didnt go with the actual GDP seeds this round. They were out of stock. Next time
was at a hempcon this weekend and your thread inspired me to give GDP seeds another shot. picked up bay 11 and candyland. I wont be popin them for at least a couple months so if you crack those candyland, do keep us informed!

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

was at a hempcon this weekend and your thread inspired me to give GDP seeds another shot. picked up bay 11 and candyland. I wont be popin them for at least a couple months so if you crack those candyland, do keep us informed!
Nice. Keep us posted by linking back here. Well looks like my beans may have possibly fallen into the heads of some overpaid, uninspired, diabolical customs agent. Tracking indicates it came through LA on 4-20 and its now a week later. I only live an hour from LA so there was ample time for it to reach its destination. Ill give it another few days. Good thing I paid extra for guaranteed delivery. Placed a backup order of two different strains just in case. Can't be waiting weeks for seeds for a possible customs issue to get sorted.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

that sucks!!!! yea i was lucky to be able to pick them up from the source.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Nice. Keep us posted by linking back here. Well looks like my beans may have possibly fallen into the heads of some overpaid, uninspired, diabolical customs agent. Tracking indicates it came through LA on 4-20 and its now a week later. I only live an hour from LA so there was ample time for it to reach its destination. Ill give it another few days. Good thing I paid extra for guaranteed delivery. Placed a backup order of two different strains just in case. Can't be waiting weeks for seeds for a possible customs issue to get sorted.
if you dont mind me asking how much those beans cost you shipped?

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Not sure what you scored yours for at hempcon, but I paid roughly 100 a pack for my GDP gear. Plus the two packs of Bodhi's seeds. Not cheap, but I'm hoping to score a few keepers. Hard to find a gem in a ten pack.

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Seeds arrived.. Who knows why it took a week to travel 20 miles but it doesnt really matter: popping tonight. First thoughts on appearance: Seeds look perfect. Nice striping, firm, dark, medium size.. Will throw up pics once they start popping.

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

100% rates, not one casualty;) It's refreshing to see a breeder who obviously hand selects each bean and values viability instead of some others I've dealt with who just fill up a ten pack with zero quality control.Some of the most vivid, beautiful seeds I've run across. Same goes for Bodhi and his stuff. Heres a piic of these guys in their towel condos, pre germ. Will take another in a bit. All broken soil and shedding shells.

Top Bottom