Gelato 33 good and bad news

• Thread starter 6gears1speed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
6gears1speed

6gears1speed

Bad news...
One if my six seeds is in bad shape. I doubt it will germinate. Can I get a replacement?

Good news...
I soaked one seed for 12 hrs and planted it directly into pure coconut coir on Friday night. Its Sunday afternoon and it has already popped! Nice. I placed it on my furnace on top of an upside down aluminum pie plate to have a warm cushion of air under it. Sprayed it and covered it with plastic. Kept in total darkness. Fastest germination ever.

Bad seed:

Gelato 33 good and bad news

Gelato 33 good and bad news 2

Gelato 33 good and bad news 3

Popped seed:

Gelato 33 good and bad news 4

6gears1speed

6gears1speed

Yes. I inspected all 6 seeds and this one stood out with the naked eye as being caved in.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Not sure if I missed any sarcasm, but personally, I wouldn't ask for a replacement. I'd just chalk it up to the cost of doing business.
I'm not saying I would ask for a replacement but I would definitely would be upset! Business is business and I go the extra mile to make sure what I personally hand out and work on is more than ok. But it's just my opinion honestly. Maybe they use a machine to sort seeds? But if it was hand picked then....?

zzzybil

zzzybil

It's obviously subpar , defective ,damaged, pretty dam sorry looking . Hell yeah the vendor ought replace it. Hell maybe it'll germ but yup - ALL businesses ,reputable anyway have procedures for goods received damaged or defective............. makes no sense ''cost of doing business'' the customer isn't the business ! Step up quality control and make gOOd on the sale . It wasn't customer error on germ or luck of the draw sexing............ Clearly would you pay $10-$15 bucks for that....

The seeds aren't cheap............ something
shoddy slip through the crack make it right . Might seem petty but realistically we study gorgeous pics, pour through threads, compare lineage and part with $$$ for a coupla dream beans.......... Not like I see any vendors throwing in an extra or freebie soooooooooo at least honor the sale . Trust is a big deal..... I would expect the vendors here would WANT to replace it after seeing the pic......... and throw that dog a bone for good measure

Phylex

Phylex

It's obviously subpar , defective ,damaged, pretty dam sorry looking . Hell yeah the vendor ought replace it. Hell maybe it'll germ but yup - ALL businesses ,reputable anyway have procedures for goods received damaged or defective............. makes no sense ''cost of doing business'' the customer isn't the business ! Step up quality control and make gOOd on the sale . It wasn't customer error on germ or luck of the draw sexing............ Clearly would you pay $10-$15 bucks for that....

The seeds aren't cheap............ something
shoddy slip through the crack make it right . Might seem petty but realistically we study gorgeous pics, pour through threads, compare lineage and part with $$$ for a coupla dream beans.......... Not like I see any vendors throwing in an extra or freebie soooooooooo at least honor the sale . Trust is a big deal..... I would expect the vendors here would WANT to replace it after seeing the pic......... and throw that dog a bone for good measure

Trust me, I get it. However once the package arrives who's to say the "customer" didn't damage it while opening it or the "customer" doesn't typically have successful germ rates? (speaking in general and not in reference to the OP) A business should replace every damaged seed and every seed that doesn't germinate to every customer? While there are honest people, there are just as many dishonest people too. I think it's unrealistic to expect this. And like I said, I personally wouldn't ask for a replacement. I know seeds aren't always the cheapest. I've paid for them too. And I have had some poor germination rates. But I blamed myself for that and gave the benefit of the doubt to the breeder. (And haven't returned to them.)

With that said, as a business owner, I would send some more in good faith if I came across something like this. In the event the information I received was organic. Because I would stand behind my product and take care of honest customers. But I also wouldn't bleed myself dry from feeding all of the weasels out there either.

If I have what I deemed a bad experience, it all comes down to if I would ever do business with them again or not. I'm not going to cry about it. I'll move on to the next.

6gears1speed

6gears1speed

In the 3 private messages I sent, I offered to try to germinate it to see if it would grow but wanted to show them pics first before asking for a replacement. I got one reply (thanks) telling me to contact the lead guy and got no reply from him and another person. Thats why I posted this thread.

That's the way the seed came out of the vial. I'm not a thief. I just want what I pay for. I had plans for the 6 seeds. I did not drop it, pinch it, swap it, bite it or otherwise.

I tried to germinate it as I said I would do and amazingly it grew a tap root. This was a caved in cracked seed where I could see inside it and it still grew. Amazing.

I'm less than thrilled that when I reached out to the lead guy he ignored me, but it's all moot now since it did grow.

All 3 seeds germinated and grew preliminary leaves in 1.5 days which is impressive. Two were planted directly into coconut coir and the crushed one I germinated in a paper towel so I could see it. They are from Elev8 seeds.

6gears1speed

6gears1speed

As far as the business side of it, I believe that the cost of doing business lies with the seller not the buyer. Sure there are a few weasels out there that will try to scam you out of a seed. But most people, like me, have real problems. For the sake of good customer service I believe the customer is always right. Why alienate the majority to protect yourself form the minority. That's the real cost of doing business.

Phylex

Phylex

As far as the business side of it, I believe that the cost of doing business lies with the seller not the buyer. Sure there are a few weasels out there that will try to scam you out of a seed. But most people, like me, have real problems. For the sake of good customer service I believe the customer is always right. Why alienate the majority to protect yourself form the minority. That's the real cost of doing business.

If the majority of people are the honest ones having issues with your product, then as a business owner you need to really re-evaluate your business.

Phylex

Phylex

Also, the reason for my opinion about one seed is only from my personally experience. My current grow in my flower tent is five strains. All from seed. But I actually tried popping closer to 8 strains. Non of the others germinated. (2 seeds from each strain. Mostly different breeders.) With that said, it was the first time I’ve tried popping seeds in over 20 years. So I’m chalking that up to an error in my part rather than quickly blaming the breeder or asking for replacements. Since then, I’ve successfully popped other seeds from other breeders. So when I revisit the remaining seeds from the packs that didn’t originally pop, if they still don’t grow, then I won’t deal with that breeder again. I’d still refrain from contacting them. But that’s just me and who I am. Other people would call and complain or a bombardment of emails. I just move on. Everyone is different and handles things differently. I was just stating my opinion because you asked a question if I recall.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
1 bad seed? Where did you buy the bad seed? I would never complain about a single seed but if it bothers you that bad don’t buy from them anymore.

Top Bottom