Gelato Phenotypes

• Thread starter Skipper23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skipper23

Skipper23

I've got 2 Gelato phenotypes going on. I think they're #33 and #41. One grows lankier, longer node spacing, popcorn nugs, and purples a bit more and the other grows short, tight internoding, and big long colas, purple hues and the greens are fantastic, but this one also exhibited signs of male flowers.

Any ideas which is which? Any tips on Gelato period..

S

Shawnery

It's hard to tell with these photos but these are both gelato but with very different looking buds. One is short with lots of staking and the other 7 are tall and stretched out with very little stacking.

The first photo is of the short one and has more deep greens and blues with tiny individual calyx's but bigger cola. The second photo is of the taller 7 with larger individual calyx's with big fat buds but not really stacking well.

Started with clones that were supposed to be all the same but there's no way they're the same pheno and maybe different strains.

20180531 190024
20180531 190011
Skipper23

Skipper23

Exactly. Visually I like the 2nd one but the high was moderate or more cbd heavy, but smoking-wise the 1st was my preference. We must be neighbors, ha. I'm going to keep both, but overall it seems the 1st one with better stacking and heavier high is for the people.

Skipper23

Skipper23

And seriously those awesome greens and Blues that come out on the 1st are something else, it's like a chameleon as it cures..

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

I've got 2 Gelato phenotypes going on. I think they're #33 and #41. One grows lankier, longer node spacing, popcorn nugs, and purples a bit more and the other grows short, tight internoding, and big long colas, purple hues and the greens are fantastic, but this one also exhibited signs of male flowers.

Any ideas which is which? Any tips on Gelato period..
I’ve got both phenos. The 41 grows taller, larger node spacing like cookies, smells gasier turns dark earlier in flower. 33 is shorter , tight node spacing like a purp and didn’t yield as heavy as the 41. My 33 dropped male flowers as well so I canned it

Skipper23

Skipper23

I was about to can it as well, but the male flowers aren't too difficult to pick off and luckily they're sterile (I think ;)).

Top Bottom