Gelato rdwc grow - 1st for both

• Thread starter elobrand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Well, calamity Jane (her new name) is dead. And I killed her. But, but it was not my fault. I was making an adjustment to the exhaust and um the filter slipped (the big odor control filter) and fell onto my netting. Pulled so hard all of the supports and wires yanked out and she collapsed under her own weight. I sighed, grabbed the cutter and chop.

She is now hanging in the tent. Checked today and drying slowly. Temps higher than I want, shrug, it's AZ. After I checked, the smell was like peppery lemon cereal. I hope I can keep that profile. Smelled so good, maybe a little bite...

Weird.

Edit: I believe it was close enough to finishing. 10 1/2 weeks, but Que Sera Sera.
What adjustments did your exhaust need this late in the game? Pics or it didn’t happen! Lol

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
First grow right? We’ve all been there and we always rush it and check the trichomes every day until we end up pulling the plant early. Next time and in grows down the line you will end up doing the opposite.

elobrand

elobrand

First grow right? We’ve all been there and we always rush it and check the trichomes every day until we end up pulling the plant early. Next time and in grows down the line you will end up doing the opposite.
First in hydro and of gelato. Did dirt and several strains. Medical problems make dirt too heavy to carry up and down stairs anymore. My whole hydro system fits inside a hose (eventually, kind of). But no hurry really. I am in a race with mother nature and she is always one step ahead.

I gave up checking trichomes around week 7 or 8. The other gelato finished at total of 85 days from seed. (still calling auto) Brown pistils, yellow leaves and general withering. I was looking for the same with this one, more than cloudy/amber signs.

Next run will add 2 more sites and improved environmental controls. I have a much better understanding now so the next run will be a little more ironed out. I'll keep learning as I make mistakes and retry. I saw a quote that read, "You either win or learn", sometimes if you get lucky, you get both. Turns out I learn a lot.

I will probably tag the next runs on to this post. Can't see any reason not to.

When I drop the beans, you'll see pics. Until then...

Weird.

elobrand

elobrand

I decided to try a sample of a small bud that was dry and uncured. First I took a look under the scope to find all clear trichomes. Not a single cloudy. Smell is still peppery lemon cereal (like trix but just lemon). Sticks together after grinding. Packed a bowl to vape and didn't remember anything about taste. Nothing special. The high came on slow and strong. Very strong. Was surprised because of no cloudy trichomes. So after doing at least 1 thing wrong with every step along the way, I got good weed. I know it could have been better so I have incentive for next time.

elobrand

elobrand

So, here is my haul. Detached and ready to clean up. And 2 hours later, I am not done! One plant. How do you all even do 6 or 12 plants? Hope you have help.

IMG 20220618 102823891

elobrand

elobrand

I also found what may be a bit of mildew? I don't often see that in AZ, the humidity is too low. I did keep my drying area's humidity up, so maybe it is. I will see if I can get a good pic later.

Edit: got to get my thoughts down all at one time LOL.

Got an AC on the way for my grow space, yes! No more temp spikes. Will also make drying easier and safer (no mildew).

Last edited:
elobrand

elobrand

Moved dried buds to better storage containers and I have never had my house smell up so fast. This run has been the most productive so far. I can't tell if the slower dry helped or if this is just better quality mj. And my grows are just going to get better.

Weird.

Top Bottom