Gelato week 2 of flower, cal mag issues tap water, LED too strong?

• Thread starter rockcube69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Cal mag or light stress or underfeed?

• cal mag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • light stress

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • underfed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
rockcube69

rockcube69

i have gelato strain in 2 gal coco tupur fabric pots plants about 18-22 inches, middle of canopy, burnt and light tops

running tap water GH micro grow bloom, cal mag total1000ppm 500 of that cal mag, nothing seems to help its been days....help please

Gelato week 2 of flower cal mag issues tap water led too strong
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i have gelato strain in 2 gal coco tupur fabric pots plants about 18-22 inches, middle of canopy, burnt and light tops

running tap water GH micro grow bloom, cal mag total1000ppm 500 of that cal mag, nothing seems to help its been days....help please
Tenps?

Waaaaaay to much cal mag.

Ppm of the tap water? Do you have any filtration equipment like a water softener?

How much of each nutrient?

Watering schedule? How much how often.

Runoff ph and ppm?

Ph going in?

Get the pots up off the floor.

Equipment your using?

Gonna definitely need a flush but hold on that for now.

Lights and distance? Definitely back it off for now. The harder you drive em when you have issues the worse it will get and the faster it will get worse.

Harvard

Harvard

The only time I’ve seen that is when I put them under LED’s and have them too intense at first. Stems should be green also. Raise light, back off power. Takes couple weeks to kick out of it. Might not need cal mag with tap water.

rockcube69

rockcube69

ppm tap 300 no filter straight from the tap,
cal mag 4ml
micro 4ml
bloom 4ml
grow 1-4ml

watering once hour after lights on for 4 mins, till i heard runoff on my trays

1000ppm in and out

5.9-6.0 ph always

2 gal fabric pots are in tray on tables.

lights growers choice 720 roi leds 18 inches from the tops

were at 100% then i backed off to 50% regain some green back

you guys think its lock out or too much light my ppms and ph seem to be good

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ppm tap 300 no filter straight from the tap,
cal mag 4ml
micro 4ml
bloom 4ml
grow 1-4ml

watering once hour after lights on for 4 mins, till i heard runoff on my trays

1000ppm in and out

5.9-6.0 ph always

2 gal fabric pots are in tray on tables.

lights growers choice 720 roi leds 18 inches from the tops

were at 100% then i backed off to 50% regain some green back

you guys think its lock out or too much light my ppms and ph seem to be good
You ppm is high but stable in and out I would drop to about 600-800.

Ph is good.

They look cold what's the day and night temps?

300ppm is getting up there if ya can cut it 50/50 with RO. If you can link your water report I'll have a better idea of what it's makeup is and any issues there may be with it. Concerns would be high sodium.

Definitely drop the cal mag all together with that ppm of tap. Instead add a gram of mag sulfate per gal. The calcium likely high you would be missing the magnesium to have a proper ratio. Calcium can definitely be affecting uptake of other nutrients.

Make sure the trays are empty and the plants never sit in runoff. Best to get them up on something to prevent that.

Definitely was to much light. Can download this app and for 18/6 I'd adjust to about 20k for now until they come around.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo with the 3 part you can go equal parts of each start until after stretch atleast. With 300ppm tap I would mix maybe 3ml of each per gal and should be close. If to high just dilute with some water.

No cal mag though.

rockcube69

rockcube69

thanks aqua man, i just been bombing them with cal mag or cal mag and just water i will try to drop the ppms and stop the cal mag, some espom salts around or just go pick some from the hydro store? it does look like mag issue taco leaves light green leafs and slow growth all together almost a full week now, will this hurt me later during mid flower if i dont fix this?

temps are 66.7 lights on at 50% its been cold lately

my plants near sit in runoff its drain off right away 1 inch tilt

waiting to borrow my buddys $700 par meter lol

Last edited:
rockcube69

rockcube69

Imo with the 3 part you can go equal parts of each start until after stretch atleast. With 300ppm tap I would mix maybe 3ml of each per gal and should be close. If to high just dilute with some water.

No cal mag though.

any mag supplements you recommend ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

thanks aqua man, i just been bombing them with cal mag or cal mag and just water i will try to drop the ppms and stop the cal mag, some espom salts around or just go pick some from the hydro store? it does look like mag issue taco leaves light green leafs and slow growth all together almost a full week now, will this hurt me later during mid flower if i dont fix this?

my plants near sit in runoff its drain off right away 1 inch tilt

waiting to borrow my buddys $700 par meter lol
That app is free and close enough.

You definitely need to flush. I would mix up 6 gallons for each pot and pour 6 gal of the mix I gave ya through each then test the runoff. You want to correct the nutrient ratios as I can assure you they are terribly out of whack.

Mag sulfate can be bought as epsom salt at any pharmacy for dirt cheap. Just make sure its not scented or other additives... it usually does have but just be sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When you check the runoff catch it from the last gal you pour through so you see where it's at. It should come out close to what your putting in and you should see an improvement within a few days. Old damage will not get better so look to new young growth.

Also make sure you temp adjust the water as close to the media temp as possible.

What's your room temps day and night?

rockcube69

rockcube69

When you check the runoff catch it from the last gal you pour through so you see where it's at. It should come out close to what your putting in and you should see an improvement within a few days. Old damage will not get better so look to new young growth.

Also make sure you temp adjust the water as close to the media temp as possible.

What's your room temps day and night?

rooms temps 70-75 on 58-62 off wow 6 gallons of plain water just for one 2 gal fabric pot seems like a lot of water

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

rooms temps 70-75 on 58-62 off wow 6 gallons of plain water just for one 2 gal fabric pot seems like a lot of water
Yeah you need to ensure you rinse everything out and reset that media. If you can raise temps. Imo those night temos are to low. 75-80day if ya can and 65+night anything below usually shows issues like the purpling your seeing I the stems as an early sign of phosphorus deficiency

chemistry

chemistry

I would re-veg, or start again, your in the fastest growing period, stretch, you have six weeks left of flower to to make it work. If you do manage to turn them round in two weeks, then you'll only loose your first four weeks of flower. I would start again with fem seeds.

Top Bottom