General Hydroponics Flora Nova Series

• Thread starter Sasha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sasha

Im curious to hear from people that have or had used this line of nutes in soil. What are the pros and cons?

Danoid

Danoid

I have used it indoors and outdoors with excellent results. Only downside as I see it is it has to be shaken up before use. When I say shaken up I mean shaken up. I would shake it like a spray paint can for as long as my arm would hold out. Good Luck

S

Seed Buyer

No frills, no hype excellent product. Only downside is the humic acids turn your solution brown so a digital ph meter is needed for accurate ph testing. A pH dropper kit will be ineffective because you will only be able to discern the color brown. Also, the larger 2.5 gallon jugs can be a bitch to shake properly. KISS

S

S_D

I used to use it. Very dark, heavy and thick like mud almost. Definatly has to be shaken as mentioned above to get it mixed back up properly.

If you are on a tight budget and cannot afford to buy or overwhelmed by all the additives, Flora Nova will work well as a base nute plus a few extras already in the bottle. The Floralicious Plus works really great with this also.

Also pretty fair buy for the money, can't remember how much it recommends to use but I always had to use well under the recommended dose on the bottle with AK47 that fed pretty heavily.

If running anything with drippers or misters beware of them becoming clogged with this nute over time. I didn't like how in aero it makes the roots look all brown (like root rot, but just dark colored nutes) but the plants where fine. I now run mostly clear (or at least able to see thru) nutes and started using Ful-Power for my humic/fulvic as it is near clear but runs at 20-30mL/gal whereas I used to run Fossil Fuel (dark colored) and it needed less per gal but it is all what you prefer.

S

Sasha

I have used it indoors and outdoors with excellent results. Only downside as I see it is it has to be shaken up before use. When I say shaken up I mean shaken up. I would shake it like a spray paint can for as long as my arm would hold out. Good Luck
i will start shaking more thx
No frills, no hype excellent product. Only downside is the humic acids turn your solution brown so a digital ph meter is needed for accurate ph testing. A pH dropper kit will be ineffective because you will only be able to discern the color brown. Also, the larger 2.5 gallon jugs can be a bitch to shake properly. KISS
lol ph meter died after years oh the koi pond and tried to read with solution like you said for shits n giggles and thats all it was
I used to use it. Very dark, heavy and thick like mud almost. Definatly has to be shaken as mentioned above to get it mixed back up properly.

If you are on a tight budget and cannot afford to buy or overwhelmed by all the additives, Flora Nova will work well as a base nute plus a few extras already in the bottle. The Floralicious Plus works really great with this also.

Also pretty fair buy for the money, can't remember how much it recommends to use but I always had to use well under the recommended dose on the bottle with AK47 that fed pretty heavily.

If running anything with drippers or misters beware of them becoming clogged with this nute over time. I didn't like how in aero it makes the roots look all brown (like root rot, but just dark colored nutes) but the plants where fine. I now run mostly clear (or at least able to see thru) nutes and started using Ful-Power for my humic/fulvic as it is near clear but runs at 20-30mL/gal whereas I used to run Fossil Fuel (dark colored) and it needed less per gal but it is all what you prefer.
awesome thx and yes i use floralicious with it

also i have to under feed for best results was that the case with you guys as well?

B

Bandit

use once a week in a qt jug and make sure u water in between. Can be very salty.

Top Bottom