General Hydroponics Flora series in Coco and GH nutes

• Thread starter aperry975
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aperry975

I just switched to bcuzz coco and perlite 80/20 in some smart pots and have a ton of extra GH nutes. Anyone running GH flora series in coco and what ratios are you using. I'm looking for some sort of flora series feeding guide. I like to go Lucas 8/16 but I've seen that it may be better to go 6/9 and add some calmag (5ml/gal) in the coco. Any opinions? I'm also not sure if I should be feeding every watering or giving some plain ph'ed water every once in a while as a regular flush. I'm probably gonna be feeding till I get a little run off if that matters, maybe 10-20%. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont use the lucas formula<<>>I use a gh 3part customized gimmick no need to explain as it sounds like you stuck on the lucas>>But Gh will grow you some plants for sure:)

Using GH nutes>>>after three feeds flush with some ph'd water to avoid excess salt build up<<

gtd

M

moodster

i use the micro and bloom 6 ml micro and 9 ml bloom per gallon plus a booster

O

Once

yeah 6/9 micro bloom,shouldn't need cal mag.ran it for a couple years,works well

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

When using Coco or soil to prevent nutrient lock out I like to use PH'd R/O water every other feeding.

Feed
Water
Feed
Water
Feed
Water

Note: I do not like mixing perlite and coco together.

RC

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I've done a few rounds with lucas formula now. Like GTD said it will grow you some plants. For flowering I go 10ml bloom, 5ml micro, 5ml cal mag in 2 gl of water. Then change it for pk booster etc. Feed, Feed, Water w/ florakleen. Foliar feed with humic acid. After burning the shit outta my plants, underfeeding them, and stretching the shit outta them cause of to much n, this seems to be an even balance for me. Plants are healthy w/ no signs of deficiency. Don't forget to flush.

I

K

KGJ

I've been getting real nice results from micro, bloom, and koolbloom powder. I've only been running them for 2 rounds now so we'll see. I don't need to add calmag though either.

A

aperry975

Thanks for the help all. I found some thread by a guy H3ead on a diff site (still reading, 2000+ posts), i'll post where 4 hours of reading got me so far. Looks like 6/9 is the general rule of thumb in coco with water/feeding daily. He used epsom at 1g/gal but took it out half way thru the thread for being unnecessary And calmag generally has N so it'll throw off your ratio you made with the 6/9. It also says to pull the micro out at about half way thru flowering. If I was do do this, that would seem to be the time to add the calmag as it would replace part of the lost N (about 1/2) and would replace the Ca lost by pulling the micro. I'll probably just start with straight 6/9 all the way thru and see how it works, making necessary adjustments. Love the coco, actually yanked half rooted plants out of hydroton to start using it. Thanks for the help again.

he also had a great point on there about watering a lot to constantly replace oxygen (always having it wet), basically to replace any stagnant less oxygenated water. More water equals more oxygen pulled in. Kind of made me rethink about how often you would want to saturate RW (oxygen delivery by h20 rather than by air in the medium itself). Interesting point anyway.

O

Once

yeah,h3ad is the guy that came up with the ratio,worked it all out with a nute calculator.basically only micro/bloom at a ratio of 6ml/9ml per gallon,nothing else needed.i used to cut the micro around 30 days of 12/12 and they swell nicely from there. now i'm using maxibloom at a tsp per gallon,basically the same ratios in a scoop.simple cheap and effective. but yes 6/9 from veg through flower

J

Jalisco Kid

I feel adding plain pH water to flush your medium jerks with your plants internal chemistry. You would be better using 30-40% ppms of what you were running. This will help your roots from taking in what they do not need. I flush when my runoff gets 20% over. Seems to have taken the rollercoaster out.Less stress. JK

A

aperry975

yeah,h3ad is the guy that came up with the ratio,worked it all out with a nute calculator.basically only micro/bloom at a ratio of 6ml/9ml per gallon,nothing else needed.i used to cut the micro around 30 days of 12/12 and they swell nicely from there. now i'm using maxibloom at a tsp per gallon,basically the same ratios in a scoop.simple cheap and effective. but yes 6/9 from veg through flower

Like the sound of less liquids. Are you running the maxibloom the whole way thru or just after using 6/9 during veg and the first 30 days or so? Looks a little low on N for veg, thats why I ask. I weighed some koolbloom powder I had laying around collecting dust and it comes to about 5g per teaspoon which gives you this in the calc.

Maxibloom at 1t=5g
N 66
P 86
K 154
Mg 46
S 66
Ca 66
S 1.3

M

mrduke

will cutting the micro out fro a week or so help stop the stretch? i'm 12 days of 12/12 and need to stop stretching, wonder if i went like 3/9 lucas if it would help them stop sooner? anyone???

M

moodster

i dont think 3/9 wud stop the stretch i have a casey jones she stretchs up to 4 times in flower

O

Once

not sure on the stretch.i use the maxibloom powder from veg through flower and they love it up,its plenty of nitrogen from what i see in my plants

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah 6/9 micro bloom,shouldn't need cal mag.ran it for a couple years,works well

ya know Im not one to use too much nutes - but 6/9 lucas with no cal mag in coco seems like epic fail waiting to happen

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
ya know Im not one to use too much nutes - but 6/9 lucas with no cal mag in coco seems like epic fail waiting to happen

>>that is plant molestation at its finest motherload<<lucus blows imo as your just depriving your plants<<

gtd:passingjoint:

Top Bottom