general hydroponics or botanicare?

• Thread starter wtjames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wtjames

ive only had one grow so far and used pureblend pro,everything seems good with the botainicare nutes but i recently switched hydro stores,the new place swears i will love general hydroponics and they told me no more buying cal-mag with the gh stuffā€¦i realize this is probably just preferance but i would really like to hear everybodys opinionā€¦thanks

S

SSHZ

Chemical vs. organic (or mostly organic)....... personally it's Botanicare but I read plenty of great stuff about GH too. I have to flush less when I use organic based nutes- so that's my preference.

W

wtjames

thanks for the opinion,im very new to the grow scene so any help is gretaly appreciated,i always thing organic is better too but i figure if the new store i shop with are huge fans of the gh they will be able to help with any defs that may develop, i hope i dont fry anything lol chemical always makes me think BURN! i hope all goes well

sky high

sky high

A coupla thoughts....

GH now has 2 lines. Chem and organic.

While GH is tried, tested, and true and certainly works....

The store is in this to make a profit.

GH has one of the best mark ups in the industry and is the best selling nute out there in many areas.

Just remember that there are many other factors in play than the nute you use.

good luck with yer grow

s h

I

ibTheMan

GH is one of the best, yah alot of people on here say AN<which im sure is good.(but cost a shit load)
GH makes so much great stuff, i use 6 part right no, even with the 3 parts, its works great, ive used it for years and have used there(GH) calculators, and chemist(family memeber).
Use this as a base and do let anyone tell you different(NOT for seeds, or unrooted clones) 10ml micro,15ml bloom,15ml grow.(other 3 for budn) it changes threw the cycle but that< formula will get you haven very healthy weed. 100% for sure.
This is the start formula and its good.
i pull almost 6p off of 12 plants in 60 days of dank, and that was with just the 3 part!

B

Buddy Flowers

ib- any chance u feel like PMing me your formula? would love to see it

S

Squeeze

GH

GH has delivered great results for years & years. It is 1 of the cheapest products on the market. They have an iPhone ap to help you formulate your mix for every stage of growth. I recommend starting 1 to 1 to 1 @ half strength & moving up from there to avoid burn & or rookie mistakes.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
GH is one of the best, yah alot of people on here say AN<which im sure is good.(but cost a shit load)
GH makes so much great stuff, i use 6 part right no, even with the 3 parts, its works great, ive used it for years and have used there(GH) calculators, and chemist(family memeber).
Use this as a base and do let anyone tell you different(NOT for seeds, or unrooted clones) 10ml micro,15ml bloom,15ml grow.(other 3 for budn) it changes threw the cycle but that< formula will get you haven very healthy weed. 100% for sure.
This is the start formula and its good.
i pull almost 6p off of 12 plants in 60 days of dank, and that was with just the 3 part!
GH 3 part is great, but I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the 15,10,15 for grow, micro, bloom ratio for mature plants... If that's ml/gal then it's probably around 2500 PPM @ 0.5 conversion and that will fry the shit out of any plant... :shake This ratio that you confidently say "Use this as a base and do let anyone tell you different" is even higher than anything recommended by GH and they want you to use more nutes... Hmmm, I read that you don't use CO2... So what PPM does that mix register at??? Also what is this 6 part as I've never heard of that unless you're counting the supplemental nutrients? :wondering

M

madrus rose

GH 3 part is great, but I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the 15,10,15 for grow, micro, bloom ratio for mature plants... If that's ml/gal then it's probably around 3000 PPM @ 0.5 conversion and that will fry the shit out of any plant... :shake This ratio that you confidently say "Use this as a base and do let anyone tell you different" is even higher than anything recommended by GH and ......

using GH's calculator his 15 10 15ml per 4liters comes out to 965ppms
if i'm seeing it right here on their site...thats a sweet spot

:icon_spin:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Well I'll be damned... I stand corrected. :thinking Yep it's 965 PPM on their site. I have no clue what the hell I'm doing then, and I've mixed quite a bit of GH since My first round... Followed their chart to the full strength for recirculating and came up with a much higher PPM and my Hanna is calibrated perfectly... Shit, I'm gonna do that mix and test it on my meter in the next few days to see the light, but I did see this quote on the following page:
FLORA SERIESā„¢ CALCULATOR
ppm's at user strength

Simply enter the Flora quantities you use to calculate ppm's at user strength. Click here to use the calculator.

Please note: the total ppm is a numerical summation of elements in solution. This number does not correspond to the reading on ppm meters which measure the charge of the elements in solution.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
My mix is documented in great detail in my perpetual journals... Click my Round 4 journal in my siggy... I use GH 3 part in hydro and Botanicare in Soil. I still think the mix is going to be much higher than 965 PPM... :itwasntme

The Joker

The Joker

Me too, with a starting tap of 180, 5-10-15 per 2 gallons = 600 ppm @.5.
I usually start at 600 and the peak in week 5 /6 depends on the strain. Peak is anywhere from 1000-1600. In soil, not above 1 k.

I just finished a run with Pure Blend Pro just to get rid of it finally. Inferior product to GH. If you mix and match you can get great flavor.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Me too, with a starting tap of 180, 5-10-15 per 2 gallons = 600 ppm @.5.
I usually start at 600 and the peak in week 5 /6 depends on the strain. Peak is anywhere from 1000-1600. In soil, not above 1 k.

I just finished a run with Pure Blend Pro just to get rid of it finally. Inferior product to GH. If you mix and match you can get great flavor.

I agree that GH is much better in regard too their base nutes. Of course it depends on soil vs. hydro as well. My main point is that i agree w/ the mix and match theory. might not make sense to the noobie who started the thread, but by picking the best of each line you tend to end up w/ better overall buds. flavor, density ect..

I dont like the amount of GH you need to use. W/ larger grows you will go thru a ton of nutes. I use a combination of FoxFarm and GH along w/ a combination of their supplements as well.

I've also heard that AN just rips off GH anyways and charges more. Thats why they keep changing their product names ect.

Also be careful w/ botanicare. it's the only time i've burnt my plants to an extreme level, EVER, and i've given em some hot doses of other shit too.

Just keep it simple at first and you'll learn thru trial and error like the rest of us. no matter how much advice you always need to take baby steps. i do recommend only changing one thing per grow once you start to experiment. otherwise you will never be sure what the cause was.

Peace:smiley_joint:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>GH 3 part is my choice..being able to customize your ratio's is key<<
If your using a BASE for the gh 3 part you are not using it to its fullest potential:)Each week your ratio's will change>>>:harvest:

gtd

D

DoubleDub

The best nutrients are the ones you have dialed in... Most all of them are formulated from the same basic minerals. Ive dialed in GH so thats what I use. A 1-1-1 ratio at 850-900 ppm is amazing!

B

Bobby Smith

Well I'll be damned... I stand corrected. :thinking Yep it's 965 PPM on their site. I have no clue what the hell I'm doing then, and I've mixed quite a bit of GH since My first round... Followed their chart to the full strength for recirculating and came up with a much higher PPM and my Hanna is calibrated perfectly... Shit, I'm gonna do that mix and test it on my meter in the next few days to see the light, but I did see this quote on the following page:

Shady, the difference is because you're using "per gallon" and they're using "per 4 liters".........

squarepusher

squarepusher

Yeah, for soil I would tend to favor organic growing, however for hydro things get a little messy with organics, inorganic for hydro seems to be the much stronger in the past I believe.

GH with a 3 part, lets you customize much more. Having 3 separate nutrients really allows versatility with manipulating the 3 main macro nutrient ratios. I believe Botanicare is all 1 part formulas. I believe Botanicare is also 'targetted' at cannabis growing, where as General Hydro is .. a general hydro formula =] Since it is customizable as mentioned, you can use Gh to make cannabis specific formulas, such as many posters on this forum and ib do. So, right now assuming you want inorganic, I would probably say, for simplicity -> Botanicare 1 part, for customization and lower price, -> GH multi part formula.

Top Bottom