General Led Lighting Questions

• Thread starter Trucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trucker

Trucker

Hi everyone I'm trying to decide which would be better either to run for example a Galaxyhydro 600 watt or 2 Galaxyhydro 300 watt lights? Also are the led lights good for everything start to finish from seedling to veg to flower?
Thanks

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I would go with the cob
COB 3W 5Wdui11bi   zpslfvvqx3k
COB 3W 5W11duibi  zpsrrqd1nwp

And yes, full spectrum means you can use it through the whole growing cycle

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Do your homework

Begin with Heliospectra page title The Forgotten Spectrum

Quality lights cost more because they do more. typically the additional cost is made up in the very first grow.

Trucker

Trucker

Do your homework

Begin with Heliospectra page title The Forgotten Spectrum

Quality lights cost more because they do more. typically the additional cost is made up in the very first grow.
Definitely something I will be considering in future upgrades. Unfortunately not in the budget for my little start up. But their site had me drooling a little lol. I'm just doing what you would call a low budget start up for my project to be sure it is something one I will love doing and two that I will actually be able to do and not screw it up lol. Thanks for the info @PhatNuggz I really appreciate it.

Trucker

Trucker

What's your maximum budget?
@indicabush the wife pulled the chains and limited me to $1000.00 total for my start up. Yeah I know it's a very small budget once you start figuring out all the things needed but it does keep me from spending 5,000 or 10,000 and discover that it's not for me. But she gave the green light for a small start up and then upgrades once I know it's something I can do and love doing.

north knect

north knect

For that budget u could probably get a 2x4 tent,can fan and filter, and 2 300watt marshydro LEDs ..with all that I think u would be off to a great start with some decent genetics and after first run upgrade lights if u feel the need..good luck man

indicabush

indicabush

Lots of choices for under $1000 and you can get a complete package deal as replied by @north knect ,
good luck in your research.

Trucker

Trucker

For that budget u could probably get a 2x4 tent,can fan and filter, and 2 300watt marshydro LEDs ..with all that I think u would be off to a great start with some decent genetics and after first run upgrade lights if u feel the need..good luck man
Wasn't planning on using a tent. I have 2 spaces in my basement to grow into. One space is 8'Ɨ12'Ɨ6' in height which is where I'm planning on starting my hobby. Then expanding into the other space if all goes well.
I already have the space painted flat white on the walls and ceiling. The floor is an off white linoleum so I figured it should be ok to start with. I was figuring with that size space I can start in one corner and expand as I add additional lighting and such. What's your thoughts? @indicabush @north knect and anyone else that can give tips and advice.

north knect

north knect

Honestly with space like that I would just go with hps..the price for a 1000 watt hps is like the price of one 300watt led panel lol..don't get me wrong all I use is led at the moment but that's due too indoor space..if I had that space I'd do a nice scrog of clones under a few hps setups, I'm sure after a few grows u will get the growing "bug" and just want to grow everything and can't stop thinking about it every minute lol

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Definitely something I will be considering in future upgrades. Unfortunately not in the budget for my little start up. But their site had me drooling a little lol. I'm just doing what you would call a low budget start up for my project to be sure it is something one I will love doing and two that I will actually be able to do and not screw it up lol. Thanks for the info @PhatNuggz I really appreciate it.

I did not mean to buy them as they are very expensive. I have been using Amare Technologies for 2 years now. They are reasonably priced. Take a look at them, and my grow threads

Trucker

Trucker

I did not mean to buy them as they are very expensive. I have been using Amare Technologies for 2 years now. They are reasonably priced. Take a look at them, and my grow threads
I will check them out thanks.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

LEDS imo are a complete waste of money. First grow just get a hid and buy a inline fan and set up an exhaust system. The light intensity just isn't there to flower imo you can veg I do but flowering is a different story. You can pull cool are from your basement or from outside at night during the summer. Good luck if you didn't have a budget then sure you could buy 10 panels and make it work. The foot print leds is about as big as the panel and a near 0 light penetration.

Trucker

Trucker

LEDS imo are a complete waste of money. First grow just get a hid and buy a inline fan and set up an exhaust system. The light intensity just isn't there to flower imo you can veg I do but flowering is a different story. You can pull cool are from your basement or from outside at night during the summer. Good luck if you didn't have a budget then sure you could buy 10 panels and make it work. The foot print leds is about as big as the panel and a near 0 light penetration.
I will do some more looking into the hid lights.
Thanks

indicabush

indicabush

Wife will not be very happy with electric bill utilizing HPS or HID, there are a lot of great grows right here on the farm utilizing LED's. Nothing against HPS or HID's they're just not for everybody on a budget. I frankly run 2 Illumitex LED's constantly and my monthly electric bill is $41 a month (apt. life).

With LED's you get what you pay for.

Trucker

Trucker

Wife will not be very happy with electric bill utilizing HPS or HID, there are a lot of great grows right here on the farm utilizing LED's. Nothing against HPS or HID's they're just not for everybody on a budget. I frankly run 2 Illumitex LED's constantly and my monthly electric bill is $41 a month (apt. life).

With LED's you get what you pay for.
I have been back and forth on the whole lighting I want to use and decided led for my start up. Somehow convinced the wife to up my starting budget so I have 2000.00 to get this all set up with now. That is to cover everything from seeds to lig hy s and ventilation etc. What I'm looking to do is start with 12 plants so now I'm just trying to figure out how much lighting I would need to do this. Thanks everyone so far on all the help and tips I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom