• I know allot about LED's ... here to research not to talk

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I like to read, not to post because of privacy issues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I post very little and read allot

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I want to post but i do not how

• I simply have nothing to saycurrently but i like to subscribe and follow most led threads

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I never i like post but i like to subscribe and follow most led threads

• I do not like LED's or any info about them thus I am not posting

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

testez

i noticed allot of people lurking my threads but not posing. this made me curious about a few questions ya'll could answer in full anonymity.

Why do you not post in the led section?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
IMO opinion LED's are still a joke for doin what we do, so I stay out of that forumn, just to frustrating watching people trying to make them work over and over again hoping to get the same results as the grown up lights do...it never happens.

Oh!! but there is new LED technology out there that is better, best, same as a 1000w HID...we hear that about every 90 days and still nothing..lol

Tex

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

IMO opinion LED's are still a joke for doin what we do, so I stay out of that forumn, just to frustrating watching people trying to make them work over and over again hoping to get the same results as the grown up lights do...it never happens.

Oh!! but there is new LED technology out there that is better, best, same as a 1000w HID...we hear that about every 90 days and still nothing..lol

Tex

My sentiments exactly

RC

K11NG

K11NG

Its funny to me how ignorant people are to the fact that LEDs DO WORK. not everyone that uses led sits there and says that LEDs are better than hid or that they compare watt for watt.
the fact is that they do work and the product from LEDs is outstanding. as far as yield goes, I agree with the haters per say that its not there yet. but now think of this what if you took the money that you saved from electricity bill which is substantial when your talking about ac units and power of lights, and also the money you saved from replacement of bulbs and ballasts and purchased a few more LEDs. now it might seem crazy but maybe adding more light might get you the yield your looking for and still stay under the enormous electric bills. I don't know but if you really think about it the only really downfall to LEDs is the initial cost and yield. the 2 solutions to that are money being saved buyers more lights to get your yield and you still save on electric bills. I know many ppl will still disagree which is fine but I think ignorant ppl will be ignorant ppl. like I said earlier I'M NOT SAYING LEDS ARE BETTER, BUT THEY DEFIANTLY HAVE THERE BENEFITS AND THEY DO WORK, AND ITS ONLY THE BEGINNING, BETTER BELIEVE THAT.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Its funny to me how ignorant people are to the fact that LEDs DO WORK. not everyone that uses led sits there and says that LEDs are better than hid or that they compare watt for watt.
the fact is that they do work and the product from LEDs is outstanding. as far as yield goes, I agree with the haters per say that its not there yet. but now think of this what if you took the money that you saved from electricity bill which is substantial when your talking about ac units and power of lights, and also the money you saved from replacement of bulbs and ballasts and purchased a few more LEDs. now it might seem crazy but maybe adding more light might get you the yield your looking for and still stay under the enormous electric bills. I don't know but if you really think about it the only really downfall to LEDs is the initial cost and yield. the 2 solutions to that are money being saved buyers more lights to get your yield and you still save on electric bills. I know many ppl will still disagree which is fine but I think ignorant ppl will be ignorant ppl. like I said earlier I'M NOT SAYING LEDS ARE BETTER, BUT THEY DEFIANTLY HAVE THERE BENEFITS AND THEY DO WORK, AND ITS ONLY THE BEGINNING, BETTER BELIEVE THAT.

I agree a with a lot of what you are saying K11ng. I think people just have a bad taste in their mouths because of the initial UFOs.

I also agree that they produce a beautiful product. I mean my last grow was my first and I was learning as I went along and once I had some samples ready for friends to check out I was hearing all kinds of praise that I wasn't expecting. Things like "Man this is really good quality for some homegrown" or simply "This is chronic!" and this is coming from people that have been consuming this stuff for a couple decades now, certainly not noobs even though I was a noob to growing.

I think the technology is there but it will take some time to perfect the techniques best suited for LEDS. My first grow was way better then I would have ever thought I'd do and I would be satisfied if I turned the same quality and quantity each time after but I am pretty sure my quantity is going to go up with my current SCROG grow and as far as quality I really don't think I am going to get any better then my last go. The Meds I produced to me are top 5 of all the Meds that I have smoked in the last 10 years.

After this grow I think I am going to run a new strain or 2 as well so who knows what kind of dank will come of that.

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Its funny to me how ignorant people are to the fact that LEDs DO WORK.

Your really going to say this when Texas Kid and I are the only ones who have responded before your post.... Ignorant to the fact??? Really...

So you start out by insulting two of the forum moderators....then for the main points of your argument you use the same old and tired sayings of LED users. Now that is funny to me...Sad but funny.

Call me a hater??? The only thing I hate about LED's is seeing nice people especially patients trying to save a buck by believing the hype of low electric bills and Low Temps....ultimately being tricked into growing hay with LED's.

So really I am not a hater of any means....It is more of a frustration and consideration I have for the people that are duped into buying this crap and growing HAY!

People spending their hard earned dollars to grow medicine with this crap really makes me so heart broken it could make me cry... Especially the sick that will die if the medicine is not good enough....Or the sick who are dying and NEED REAL MEDICINE to help them through the final passage of their lives.....REAL MEDICINE NOT HAY!!!!!!!

Hobbyists growing for fun...HAY, have at it....LED's will grow some great stuff to have fun with....

This thread is about why are you not posting in these forums...Not how you feel about HATERS OF LEDS...

Ignorance is bliss, I guess...

RC

B

bmf725

It funny as soon as I threw a 1000 watt HPS in the middle of my led room my yeild nearly doubled! LED's are a novelty still And unfortunately I spent alot of someones else's money on them. And the really funny thing is the HPS (Air cooled) puts out less heat in the room then 4 led panels running. So now I am just using the led's as fill in lighting around the garden and because I have them.

S

SSHZ

I see many of the new fixtures have the 3 watt LED's, and I'm starting to see 5-6 watt led's for red spectrum in some fixtures too. BUT, while these are brighter, they use more electricity so that value will be eliminated. And they burn hotter too. Now I'm reading reports of bulb burnouts/failures. Then add in the cost of the expensive fixture and guess what- they have lost all their value.

T

testez

All and all I understand why people may not like led's. However in order to have the industry build more better products that work, some actually need to try. Pioneers are almost always mis-understood.

Let's be clear here. The LED industry is the wave of the future... period. Weather you like it not it's a reality. Theirs a reason why nasa uses these! Also come to think of it one of the ways I tell people about led's are ... If they can safely light the road for several meters in front of a brand new car then why couldn't they be used on a grow room floor? (assuming the lights in the grow are specifically made for that use).

That being said, we are in the present. I do my majority of growing under cooled 1000watts. Nothing new, cropped pounds, been there doing that business as usual!

It's important to separate tests and experiments from proven cultivation technics. Do I depend on these lights? NO, Again, I'm Experimenting. Do I expect the same results on my first run of LED's as the dialed in 1000water's? NO. That's un-realistic to expect

Different people have different needs. Plain and simple these have their uses and functions for those that need them.

As previously stated though this is not about weather i like what your saying about led's. I'm just wanting to create more discussion around it.

Important to note though that objectivity is crucial in order to evaluate. I don't favor led's. I'm testing them to see what I can do my best with them. if/when the technology is similar or better the HID systems then I will endorse them (in some cases they are! If/when the results are better I would consider fitting/replacing the hid's with new led fixtures.

In regards to people saying that they don't work and grow hay. That i don't agree with at all. Sure you might have lower yield but what's grown is not garbage. YIELD is the major issue, not quality! I've seen with my own eyes that in regards to quality you can achieve if not beat results of a HID. HID = 90% usable light loss, LED 100% of the spectrum's are absorbed by the plant. their is a major difference (especially if your using led's, IR and UV light). Also it's worth noting that if taste is really what your after then your better growing outdoors organically.

Also it's important to note that many growers using led's have been successful whereas some others aren't .... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SYSTEM! ... this is why more research is needed.

Oh and back to the hay lol... In my experience the smell of grass/hay is directly tied into what you feed your plant, manicuring and curing... not to sure what that has to do with LED's? Oh and also if people don't know the strain they are working with and they crop early could cause this. Again, doesn't have anything to do with the actual lighting. Seems to me that opinions are skewed and instead the facts need to be presented and discussed.

One last thing i noticed ... When accusing someone of hating. When is it really hate? IMO it's when someone is supporting an argument with out facts.

IMO because these fixtures are currently expensive we should not "hate", we should be even more vigilant to find out the facts to protect the members of our community?

Regardless of what you've stated. I am very happy that your participating and telling what you think is right. I am encouraging as much discussion as possible. Good or bad. I appreciate it and I thank you in advance.

And the debate rages on.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
And thats why I stay out of the LED forumns.....lol

Tex

K11NG

K11NG

Well maybe a poor choice of words on my part and I apoligize because bottom line we are all here for the sane reason being we enjoy what we do and learn how to do it well. As far as " hay" now that's just ignorant we can sit here all day going back and fourth on who's d*** is bigger but that's not why I'm here. I just don't understand how good minded intelligent ppl can totally disregaurd new technology that WORKS PERIOD anyway I'm happy with the way the led technology is moving and you know what. I would be honord to be considers a pioneer down the road so all in all things can only get better. And just for shits and giggles check out my led run and see the " hay" I am making I'm sure the hay is as good as yours if not better, got a test lab, I'm fully intrested!

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Also have to respectfully disagree with the Hay statement. My last grow was my first so in that I am a rookie for sure. I am however not a rookie when it comes to judging the quality of good Meds and I can tell you I was very impressed with what I produced and would take my Meds over 95% of the very respectable to high end Meds I have acquired elsewhere over the years that were no doubt grown with standard HID setups.

There is certainly no quality lost for using LEDS and as far as quantity goes I pulled in a very respectable gram per watt average. Pretty high actually if compared to HID g/w averages.

In short I think there are only a handful of LED units out there that really hold their own against the alternatives. That being said there are so many other growing variables that can affect yield and quality but I have proven that it is possible and this from a rookie grower.

S

Slips

maybe because

The people who want to use leds are getting sucked into marketing hype and using crap products .... "FAN BOY TYPE" with unrealistic expectations

They other half see's these people and computes that they don't work and that all leds are a waste of time ...

No need to fight ignorance here; those who want to be helped will be helped ...

K11NG

K11NG

Northone looks good, healthy and green just the way its suppossed to be, proof is in the pudding people

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

i noticed allot of people lurking my threads but not posing. this made me curious about a few questions ya'll could answer in full anonymity.

Why do you not post in the led section?

Testez you asked a question and now LED'ers are trying to grill us over our answers...

Having K11NG say "the proof is in the pudding people" over some nicely vegged out plants is a joke. Not one person has said that they can not veg a plant.

I have looked in every single LED thread here and I am talking about the HAY I see in those threads...

You can talk about what is going to come all day long but till it gets here most of us won't waste our time or money or Freedom...(remember growing plants is a crime some places and if your not growing the to the plants maximum potential then why do it?)

I can not wait for the day LEDs really work...Thats the truth! So keep on trying them out and keep posting up whatcha got we wanna see it...

This thread has turned into the exact reason most of us do not post in this section. Arguing a pointless argument with people who all mean well and are working hard and taking the time to SHARE.

Slips said it best...No need to argue...Whoever needs help will get it...Those who do not like it do not have to chime in with their dislikes.. And now Testez knows the answer to his question.

Now the poll and question has been answered it can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom