General Organics Areated Tea

• Thread starter Dr.Green.Thumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr.Green.Thumb

General Organics Aerated Tea

After looking at the ingredients to the General Organic nutrient line, It just made since to aerate the nutrient mix for a couple of days with some worm castings hung in the middle(i also throw in some dry kelp meal and glacial rock dust in with the castings.) It foams up just like a regular tea mix. And plants respond like it's a tea mix. Try it out on a plant, let me know what u think

D

Danksmith

I have also read that go recommends that when aerating it is best to use something other than air stones as the miniature bubbles would b too many and not have desired effect on brew.

I think they want larger bubbles like if u were to take your air line and just submerge it without anything on open end. Does anyone else do this? I'll try to get a pic of the disclaimer I read

C

CT Guy

The issue with air stones is that they are hard to clean, so subsequent brews could go down in quality based on bio-film buildup.

There is no evidence that small bubbles are inferior to larger bubbles. I've seen teas that look just fine under the microscope with small bubbles and would consider this a myth.

If you are brewing in this manner, I would consider it an aerated compost tea, meaning your brew time should be on average between 24-36 hours (unless you have a microscope, at which point you could evaluate your tea better to determine the "sweet spot" when you have the greatest concentration of microbes and diversity).

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I used boogie brew for the first time. Easy way to brew at home. Plants seems to like it. Maybe I'll try to aerate my nute mix, it's fermented plant extract.

outwest

Top Bottom