General Organics or Roots Organics?

• Thread starter Nastymcshwags
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

claudacio

You shouldnt be PH'ing anything if you are 100% organic. I use GO personally, just started using it and I have to say I'm liking it. Especially the part where I dont need to stick my 5th PH meter into the mix and say "more PH U or D" and then repeat until I get it right.

Honestly, I have been just keeping a bucket of GO with an air stone in my setup/work area of my garden with GO nutes and some molasses on brew 24/7, pouring it into another 5 gallon bucket every day to keep it mixxed and for a little extra aeration, never once sticking a PH meter in there. Did I say I like the fact I'll never use a PH meter again? LOL

If you go with GO, you may want to grab the bio-marine, I am not fully experienced with it but from what I've been reading the extra N is more than likely going to be needed. Its also a good idea to amend your soil with some earth worm castings as well as anything else organic you can throw in there, it will only make the end result better.

As I said this is my first time using it but for my soil-less mix I went 45/45/10 with ocean forest/happy frog/other.... other being lime, earthworm castings and some bone meal, but I wont be using that anymore unless its fish bone meal. I should have used some perlite but I didnt have any on hand and my grow shop was out so I had to use what I had but some perlite or rice hulls would have been a good thing for my mix.

Also, you will need the bio-bud for bloom if you do go with GO.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck and Happy holidays.

true grit

true grit

GO with soul synthetics big swell :) ph to 6.5

Yeah I have some Soul Synthetics to play with as well.

Pretty much switched my plants over from Sensi/Connie to GO of late in my coco. Had been looking for something that organic that smashed in coco and its taken me a while to find the GO. First couple of plants took some adjusting but with Nirvana, my kelp/amino additives, and HPK things are stacking up very nice. In veg its a different story, as it does appear some plants don't get enough N. I just supplement with Nitrex as need be. Key was going as organic as possible since i recycle my coco.

Even though i hear you don't need to pH i still do even in organics. Call it peace of mind, but even when doing things like Subcools mix if water wasn't in pH range for appropriate uptake i had issues. so still do it.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

yeah both lines are great. nothing wrong with using a combo. thats how my side by sides always end up, anyways.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i think i settled on a combo because the Roots is all guano and wormcastings whereas the GO is everything but guano and wormcastings. bio bud is a really different kind of booster, not pk rich but you get the prettiest healthiest buds. i would use it again, but i use floralicious plus, which is way more concentrated and i think its the same thing. The roots boosters are gonna give you some old school stink.

N

Nastymcshwags

Rt on farmers thanks for all the input. I bought the RO Master Pack and will pick thru some GO nutes and see what works. I'll post pics in a few days. 5 digi 600w galaxy ballasts with 6" xxxl magnums and 4 super hps bulbs/ 1 sunpulse mh bulb in the middle. 5 gal pots with half ocean forest half perlite mixed and i feed/water/feed. any help or input would be greatly appreciated. I have been farming for a few years but have soooo much to learn!

Top Bottom