General question about different colors of flower..

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CFC7143

CFC7143

So I just had a general question about flowers that turn purple. So my current grow which is in the last day of week two of flower and I was curious if there are any indicators of whether my flowers Are going to show any purple at all? The strain on growing is GMO punch from greenpoint seeds and I think generally it can turn purple but from what I’ve read over the years it’s not 100% guaranteed. Does this just have to do with the phenotype you end up getting? And also the question again is there any indicators this early on in the flowering schedule that can be indicators of future purple growth?
General question about different colors of flower
General question about different colors of flower 2
General question about different colors of flower 3
General question about different colors of flower 4
General question about different colors of flower 5

elduderito

elduderito

I think you just gotta be patient dude... I have little experience growing any purple strains, but from what I've seen/read the changes in color tend to happen towards the end of flowering... And there seems to be good evidence that decreasing temperatures at night during the last 3 weeks of flower can intensify the color...

Pippins

Pippins

The other fellow is correct, those major color changes happen right near the end, and also, color is heavily impacted by temperature. If you let the temps drop into the low 60s or even high 50s, you'll see some amazing purple if the genetics are there. The purplest bud I ever grew was during the winter, indoors of course, but with low nighttime temps.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Gotta be patient bro. This started turning purp week 7 8 ish. Leaves all green too havnt even started . Should fade even more great looking plants btw!

D7DC85B9 A55E 468A B94F CB9CCFE5EEAD
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom