general questions

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

hey im setting up a 3x3 grow tent, with a 400 watt digital hps/mh light, and a 4'' exhaust/inline fan blower.. my questions are
can i plus the blower right into the household socket.. also if i plug a timer in the plug can i do the same with the light..
also what do you think is better
the 1 4'' exhaust inline fan with a y connector with 2 6'' ends one going to the air cooled light, and the other going around the top of the room with holes in it sucking bad air out..
and lasltly i have 2 plants started now, one with soil, one with rockwool cubes. the seeds sprouted, its been in the growing medium now for 2 dyas with 3 veg cfls on them 24/7.. if this the right way to go about it till i get my 400 watt light, and if so how long till i start seeing signs of plant life.. and do i jus feed them stright water with a ph level of 5.5 to 6.0 without nutrients..

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

lets see if i can get some answers for ya
first off i run 2 x 1000's into each of my timers, so im sure your ok with a 400 watt going into it.
i know its kinda scary but getting a 240 line ran will save you money on electricy and have you set up for the long haul, although this is not at all necessary at this point. i have 6k light and ac's for all of it going through my house right now
once the plants are bigger you can keep your cfls right on them
the biggest mistake people make with seedlings is overcare. dont overwater, dont overfeed, dont over pluck and so on
make sure not to drown the girls
also the plant in hydro is guna like a ph around 6, drifting down to 5.5 as you get into flower
your girl in soil is guna like a ph of 6.5, havent expirmented myself with dropping the ph in soil tho
get your post count up, start a grow log, and then dont be afrid to pm me with q's

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

no nutes for now, well mostly no nutes, some stuff is beneifical to add early on, throw up what ur using

C

caperfarmer902

well thanks for the relpy matercheeser, i got my tent all setup i recived that yesterday afternoon, my 8 plant hydro system is in there but i plan to add another 8 plant system and then a 16 plant setup for a total of 32 plant in all.. so for now its just the 16 plants the two 8 plants setups.. my 400watt ac light kit with reflector, bulbs, timer, yoys, sockets and the ac 6inch reflector will be here on monday morning, i currently have no plants at the moment but i am going to be starting 4 mother plants in coco fiber instead of soil so i can get my clones off them, by the time their ready for cloning ill most likly have my 32 plant setup, and thats where my seedling&cloneing hut will come in handy with its nifty little heat mat and the clone-ex gel.. and lasltly jus to have the basics i order a 4inch exhaust fan blower to put on the top left of the grow tent, and i will buy a 6inch to 4 inch reducer at the hardwear store this week, also 6inch exhaust fan ducing, and then my partner is going to buy the 4 inch inline duct fan for the botton left of the room, with 4 inch 3ply ducting, so ill have all that befour the exhaust fan comes, luckly i have the cash flow aha. with that i want to order these seeds,
- Ak 47
- Pineapple Express
- White Widow
- The Church
once i get these babies started in the coco, and they reach their veg stage ill cut as many clones as i can, and keep the process going.. inwhich i aucally never grew from seed and do have a very hard time getting them to break top, i get the seeds sprouted no problem, but they always die once they get buried.. my plan for the seeds that come is to germinate then till their 1 inch in lenth, then to plant them a friend of mine who have awesome luck with seedling and plants, said to plant them with the seed shell just about the medium so the seedling inside the shell will reach for the light, did anyone ever hear of this way of growing from seed, if not, are the bestways you think is to grow from seed?

C

caperfarmer902

no nutes for now, well mostly no nutes, some stuff is beneifical to add early on, throw up what ur using

I didnt buy any nutes yet, but i i plan to go with advanced nutrients, grow micro, and bloom, for the first 4 weeks this is my veg stage plan for nutes..

Grow Micro Bloom - Hobbyist LevelBase Nutrients
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Total
Grow 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL - 240 mL
Micro 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL - 240 mL
Bloom 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL - 240 mL

Hobbyist Level

VooDoo Juice 20 mL 20 mL - - - - -40 mL
Big Bud - - 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL - - -60 mL
B-52 - - - - 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL - 80 mL
Overdrive - - - - 20 mL 20 mL - 40 mL

Top Bottom