General Temperature Rule

• Thread starter Casey03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casey03

I need someone to clear up the temperature rule for me, I been seeing a lot on the internet and on this forum but I just want to confirm the general rules.

At the minute I have the germinated seeds in smalls pots in the grow tent under the 600WATT light, It is around 18 inches above the top of the of the tray, They are currently in one of them plastic trays used to start seeds that you can get from any general garden shop, of course with the plastic lid over them.

The temperature of the tent is a steady 85 – 86 and the room humidity was around 80% but since I installed an air intake fan the humidity has dropped to around 40%.

Are these the correct temperatures I am looking for?
Are there different temperatures needed for each stage of the plant life?

The seeds have now been in the tent since Friday mid-day and they still have not sprouted but again I think this is something that can take up 2 weeks, please correct me if I’m wrong.

I'm sorry these might be the sort of questions that have been asked a number of times in the past, but i'm not the most confident in my own research skills and sometimes find it reassuring when i get an answer to one of my questions.

Thanks in advance

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

your room is to warm and your light is to low/powerful.

at this stage, seedlings, you have it to warm. what you have down this far could be bad. the seed starting tray and lid made it even warmer in there than the rest of your room. you may have inadvertently cooked your seeds in there. your soil temps have probably reached the 85-90 range, which is deadly.

do this and wait a few days. a 600 is way overkill for this stage. so if you have any other lighting source, like a cfl, use that. if not, raise the 600 to 4 feet above the lid. check the temp of the soil, ideal is between 65-75*F, in my experience.

C

Casey03

In this case would it be worth taking the seeds out of the current pots and checking on them? Would you be able to tell if the seeds are dead or not?

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

no, let then be, any damage done at this point would be irreversible, if they sprout in the next week, you got lucky. be patient and do the steps above.

C

Casey03

Soon as i got this post the light was removed to the top of tent instantly. The current room temp is at 85 with humidity around 45-48, The soil temp is unknown because the gauge has decided to break and i cant get out till tomorrow to get a new one. The soil is still wet but not soaking.

ill leave the seeds be for now and hold off from ordering a new batch until thursday.

oh and thanks for the help btw

G

Gartner

The temperature of your grow room is quite high,
70 to 75 degree, is better as the leaves may turn yello, just reduce the watts of your light, its intensity is more,, and keep a distance of min 30 to 40cm from the light to the plant...

Latest posts

Top Bottom