Genetics, Deficiency, Or Bugs?

• Thread starter Randog3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Randog3

found this yellowing and deformation on a few of my plants that are otherwise relatively healthy. Saw pictures of russet more damage that looked similar and don't want to jump to conclusions. I only have a 30x loop can that see russet mites and where would I look? Also recommended treatment?
Genetics deficiency or bugs
Genetics deficiency or bugs 2
Genetics deficiency or bugs 3

BigBlueBuds

BigBlueBuds

I got a nice microscope from the toystore. 40,100 and 400x magnification. Works great. See if you can find bugs. I've seen strange growth like that when ph was off.
Good luck!

H

hawkman

Really it's in the genetic's of that specific strain - little things like this makes your grow more interesting. No worries yet

pugliese63

pugliese63

Maybe genetic but looks like you could have broad mites. If the irregular growth continues I would consider taking steps to eliminate them.
Broad mites live in the tips of the new growth. Their saliva is toxic and is the cause of the burnt/blistered look in the new leaves.
If indeed you do have broad mites you will need to get an effective miticide. Preferably two. Rotation is important in dealing with mites.
Forbid 4F and Pylon are two effective miticides. The Pylon comes in a TR (total release) fogger that isn't very expensive compared to Forbid 4F.
They have to be handled with extreme safety precautions and only in veg.
Hopefully your issue isn't mites and your plant(s) will grow out of it.

H

hawkman

Also can mix 50% dish soap and 50% water then spray the whole leaf, plant (underside too). you can watch them slide off ! Do for 1 week. agree with "pugliese63" also make sure you do a GOOD grow space cleaning before next grow ; use a "bio" product

M

Mayhem Farms

I'm at a loss for words right now so please help. I've been nursing these bitches since the start they are landrace strains. Its also a new set up and room.

R

Randog3

Thank you, that's what I was thinking my ppm has been over 1800 with heavy doses of either cal-mag and or magnesium sulfate.

Yes just do a flush and back it down a little those plants aren't huge where they need to be smashed with nutes. Maybe add drip clean to your schedule to help get some excess salts out of the root zone.

M

Mayhem Farms

That sounds like a good idea I'm running veg-bloom now and I'm no stranger to using anything I have in stock. I'm running a rdwc active and passive. Same .4ml to a gal? I'm about 50 gal

R

Randog3

You would have to use a lot of that, I use 29% at 5-10ml per gallon but only if I want to kill something that is attacking my roots. If you are going to run sterile (h2o2) you won't have any bacteria good or bad. I would only add h2o2 if there is a reason to aka Pythian or root rot.

M

Mayhem Farms

I was having root problems, but I also was trying to run sterile.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Any treatment?
Acetylsalicylic acid , otherwise known as aspirin, can help suppress the symptoms if used from early veg untill onset of flowering.
At this stage though just keep her healthy as you can untill harvest.
If it is tmv, it sometimes only shows signs in flower.
Best of luck.
Peace

Top Bottom