Georgia Medical Proposed

• Thread starter INbreed312
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pugliese63

pugliese63

Don't get excited. They're going to fuck it up.

They're only pushing for CBD oil and only for certain conditions, most of which are terminal. This denies a large part of the population (seniors, veterans, and others with non terminal conditions) that could benefit from legalization.

Georgia is a red state, only interested in it because they can get in bed with a big pharma company to produce/distribute the product here.

It all started when a family from Georgia relocated to Colorado to have access to CBD oil to treat their child for seizures. Smart move on their part as its made a huge difference in the quality of their lives. It's a shame that it can't be available world wide. We all know the benefits have been proven.

Unfortunately, legalization of oil will only create harsher penalties for those cultivating because cannabis then becomes a taxable product. We all know how the government hates competition and not getting paid.

Georgia lawmakers have had little to no exposure to cannabis outside of the media. How could they possibly construct a law or laws that would ultimately benefit the state and its residences regarding cannabis?

Sure, a few of them will take field trips out to Colorado, Cali or even Washington. They'll visit a few dispensaries or large grow ops out of curiosity. Not to see how well they function or serve the community. More of a touristy thing. To say they've done it.

You'll find them largely spending time at the County, City and State administrative offices going over the revenue numbers. Not about the positive impact its making on communities and the people who live in them.

Right now, the penalties for moonshining in Georgia are as harsh or even worse than for cultivation because alcohol is a taxable product.

Unfortunately, as can be seen in Washington, legalization has a very wide interpretation. And I have very little faith in those doing the interpreting and passing law in Georgia. Especially a bunch of "good ole' boys" that parallel their policies with old time religion in an effort to appease an uninformed voter base.

Best case scenario is it gets voted down in Georgia and doesn't come back up for discussion until the next generation of politicians. Hopefully by then everyone will be more educated and informed to write laws that actually benefit the general populace rather than a few.

Kushy Haze

Kushy Haze

I'm a disabled veteran, in georgia. I love my state, but the old heads got to go. I mean, why make something illegal, that is as natural as the grass we walk on. I'm supposed to be on 23 different pills, for all the blackout that happened on deployments. Instead of killing my insides with all the chemicals and toxins. I just ingest a good amount of medicinal, and life turns completely around. No pain, I can sleep, finally have an appetite, and I can fully function. My anxiety had just about vanished, and I can't even tell half the time, that I have a fake left knee.

Top Bottom