Germany bans Monsanto

• Thread starter kill-9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kill-9

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,618913,00.html

Germany has banned the cultivation of GM corn, claiming that MON 810 is dangerous for the environment. But that argument might not stand up in court and Berlin could face fines totalling millions of euros if American multinational Monsanto decides to challenge the prohibition on its seed.

The sowing season may be just around the corner, but this year German farmers will not be planting gentically modified crops: German Agriculture Minister Ilse Aigner announced Tuesday she was banning the cultivation of GM corn in Germany.

E

edelephant

How long before Germany is put on a list of troublemakers?

T

Tolpan

Even one thing that stupid gouvernment did right.

But nevertheless, lots of so-called testfields had been planted in the past!

I work in that agricultural business and I'm a organical growing farmer, that does everything to keep mother nature in great shape for our suns and daughters and their suns and daughters as well.

95 % of the people are stupid dickheads, sorry to say it that way, but when I see the amount chemical fertilizers and so on are used in my business, makes me sick.

Even in Germany they banned it, for some time, but they sell their stuff all over the world so germany, doesn't really matter. More important are south america and africa, were they do their corrupt business and compared to that, germany is nothing! I am german, so.
They sell their seeds and chemical fertlizers, that fuck their good soil and the farmers take credits to buy more and more. The big companies will always be the first, cause the have money and need new markets.

Not to speak about the US market!

Perhaps it could be a little light or sign in the right direction, but I honestly doubt it.

Cheers

Tolpan

K

kill-9

95 % of the people are stupid dickheads, sorry to say it that way, but when I see the amount chemical fertilizers and so on are used in my business, makes me sick.

I know people working in irrigation districts.....and that's 100% true. The stories they tell me about some farmers are just fuckin unbelievable. Obviously just in it for the money and subsidizes.:dull

Latest posts

Top Bottom