Germinating at 12/12

• Thread starter Frank_Castle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frank_Castle

Has anyone else heard this before - germinating seeds at a 12/12 cycle. It is suppose to produce one giant nugget with no offshoots.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

it's totally strain dependent. If you think about it this is why equatorial sativas have a 6-8 week veg stretch at the beginning of their flowering cycle, as the sun in the tropics doesn't really go much over 12 hrs of light outdoors so the first few weeks of a sativa HAS to be a veg cycle or it would never see veg in those climate zones. If you pop an indica, sure it will be a nugget but why don't you just put a clone right into flower? sea of green style popsicles will result from an indica.

If it's a sativa, you'll end up with a plant about 3-4ft tall from seed, maybe even taller.

C

Critical Kid

I wonder how critical mass would respond to 12/12 germination? It has a short flowering period and is known for rapid growth so I would think that it could reach a decent size quickly. I am curious to know if anyone has done this what type of light they used? I would imagine that even with the 12/12 method a seedling would not be able to hanldle say 600 watts MH at a distance of 20-24 inches.

Top Bottom