germinating in a baggie help

• Thread starter imgrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imgrowing

can't seem to find exactly how to do it.
can someone who does it explain the steps for me please.

Z

Zill

Hey Im,

Get a couple paper towels and fold it a few times. Place the seeds inside a fold. Once in the towel I thoroughly moisten with tap water. Place that towel and seed either in some plastic wrap or a small container with lid so it doesn’t dry out. The seeds will pop in a few days. Once they germinate with a nice root initial I move the germinated seeds to a wetted peat disks. Make a hole with a tooth pick or whatever and place the germinated seed in the hole root pointing down. Place the disk in a tray or something to hold the disks then water the tray. The disks will pick up the water. In a couple weeks you should see the seedling pop out. I like to keep it warm and somewhat sun exposed. But don’t burn seedlings.

There are loads of other techniques used others will chime in.

Germinated seeds

Z

Zill

Hey Im,

Get a couple paper towels and fold it a few times. Place the seeds inside a fold. Once in the towel I thoroughly moisten with tap water. Place that towel and seed either in some plastic wrap or a small container with lid so it doesn’t dry out. The seeds will pop in a few days. Once they germinate with a nice root initial I move the germinated seeds to a wetted peat disks. Make a hole with a tooth pick or whatever and place the germinated seed in the hole root pointing down. Place the disk in a tray or something to hold the disks then water the tray. The disks will pick up the water. In a couple weeks you should see the seedling pop out. I like to keep it warm and somewhat sun exposed. But don’t burn seedlings.

There are loads of other techniques used others will chime in.

Top Bottom