Getting a commercial space!

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey folks, I love these stuups. been watching with awe nad excitemnt. As the title states I will be getting, pretty sure, a space of 24'x 12'. Was thinking of 8 plants with 10 lights. I beleive that area would suffice. given the 40' spacing on the plants. Most of which would be receiving 3 sides of light.

o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x

That should be right. Would you veterans of this style/sysem use 2 separate res or a single. obvious advantages to running 2 separate, can also see cost disadvantages with buying 2 of everything. Ouch. And of course the Nute are another questions. I see An being used, anyone try Floranova. I am a huge fan of that. Just not sure if it really matters. As for strain selection I have chosen My HUGE Sweet Skunk #9 and will be trying a SuperBlue, local cut from a friend. Shit gets huge, tasty and potent.....WINNER. Also thinking of trying BG HUmboldt Express, as I have a large yielding pheno, She is a huge bitch. LOL. I am as familiar as I can be by readin these posts, however I know experience is really where it at. So any advice will be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Peace
HB420

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Wow!!! Grow Big or Grow home eh? :banana1sv6: cant wait to see this up and running..when do ya feel it will be in action? take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

squarepusher

squarepusher

lets talk about this commercial space option a little more :) What to look for in a commercial space? Big garage roll up door? Private front office entrance? Bathroom/water supply? Built in A/C? Privacy from neighbors? Security?

F

Feck

I'm with squarepusher. Most of the commercial spaces in my area have everything you listed, except the a/c is only in the front office space. Many also include an alarm system. My question is how to go about it. What am I using the space for etc.. Haven't a clue what to tell the landlord. Anyone with ideas?

Homebrew420, I have used floranova to good effect. Mr. dizzle did as well in his MPB thread.

B

billybadazz

I see a tree raising revolution on the rise jump in while you can!!! It's sreading like a virus

homebrew420

homebrew420

With regards to the space, it is all good. Huge 4000 sq ft total, with all the accouterments. The a/c will be individual per room built, as will plumbing. so I need to get an AC that will be appropriate for the space/heat generated. Great news on the Floranova info. Thanks much widow, great design, and honestly hadn't thought of those configurations. Thanks everybody.

The Humboldt Express WILL be entered into the system.

One of the other peices of equipt I will being trying to use will be individual nutrient monitoring systems. Allowing us to be informed on N uptake, P uptake, K uptake. possiblly minor nutes as well. This will allow us to add what the plant needs and NOT change the damn res every week but every month or longer. This is the way commercial operations work. They do not empty ther res every week. The cost is to much. The savings over the course of a year will pay for the equip requuired. Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Peace love and french fries

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Sic cant wait to see this in motion. What are you thinking for the nute monitoring? Dosatron or something along those lines? Be sure to pic it up for us that is gonna be top notch. Good luck! :)

squarepusher

squarepusher

With regards to the space, it is all good. Huge 4000 sq ft total, with all the accouterments. The a/c will be individual per room built, as will plumbing. so I need to get an AC that will be appropriate for the space/heat generated. Great news on the Floranova info. Thanks much widow, great design, and honestly hadn't thought of those configurations. Thanks everybody.

One of the other peices of equipt I will being trying to use will be individual nutrient monitoring systems. Allowing us to be informed on N uptake, P uptake, K uptake. possiblly minor nutes as well. This will allow us to add what the plant needs and NOT change the damn res every week but every month or longer. This is the way commercial operations work. They do not empty ther res every week. The cost is to much. The savings over the course of a year will pay for the equip requuired. Thanks for all the feedback folks.

hey homebrew. I'm pretty interested in that system you mentioned about monitoring individual N P K levels. Do you have any pricing information as to what these might start at?

Also, to answer another question above it, you can tell your landlord you are doing light industrial work, running storage for a shipping company, or possible even welding. The electricity bill will be in your name, and I do not think they monitor commercial locations electricity bills, like they do with residential.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

A friend has worked with multiple real estate agents at the same time to find industrial buildings in CA and CO for growing. Some landlords do care, some don’t care and some are very happy to have growing done in their buildings but the city wasn’t happy. If your renting you’re going to have a hard time keeping it totally secret, with surprise Fire department inspections, landlords dropping by.
:icon_spin:

squarepusher

squarepusher

A friend has worked with multiple real estate agents at the same time to find industrial buildings in CA and CO for growing. Some landlords do care, some don’t care and some are very happy to have growing done in their buildings but the city wasn’t happy. If your renting you’re going to have a hard time keeping it totally secret, with surprise Fire department inspections, landlords dropping by.
:icon_spin:

id like to learn more about this, from what I read, Fire Dept inspections are only necessary for 'public' place, such that may have public traffic or over 50 people. So, I was thinking of just having something private so hopefully this wouldn't be required (would be a major setback if it did require inspections).

As for the landlord stopping by, yes its possible, this may cause problems also. Not sure if I would bring it up beforehand, or just ask what type of inspections or 'drop bys' are to be expected.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

id like to learn more about this, from what I read, Fire Dept inspections are only necessary for 'public' place, such that may have public traffic or over 50 people. So, I was thinking of just having something private so hopefully this wouldn't be required (would be a major setback if it did require inspections).

As for the landlord stopping by, yes its possible, this may cause problems also. Not sure if I would bring it up beforehand, or just ask what type of inspections or 'drop bys' are to be expected.

The Fire dept. will go door to door in industrial parks and want to check your fire extinguishers etc. I guess if your never there or don’t answer the door it may not happen.

squarepusher

squarepusher

The Fire dept. will go door to door in industrial parks and want to check your fire extinguishers etc. I guess if your never there or don’t answer the door it may not happen.

I would plan to just have the building locked, and appear from the outside to be closed permanently :)
This may help with the Firemen, but the landlord is a different issue. Also, asking "can I grow medical marijuana here" will probably rule you out if he says no from being a potential tenant.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Rent an air conditioned semi truck, oh forgot highway patrol may want to look inside.
Seems like your setting yourself up for trouble. Warehouse grow will be a big grow, means big investment, air conditioning, electrical system, just to have to tear it out because the landlord decides to stop by for any number of reasons. You probably have more rights renting a home.

M

mavado

So that means floranova is out? You couldn't exactly
control individual levels of nutes with using a one-part...raw salts then?<--will save you $$$$$:damnhippie:

budfriend

budfriend

how often do landlordf for commercial spaces stop by. also what if you rant one with 16 foot ceilings and build a second story and make it look like nothing or storage for items. what do you guys think about that.

also have people really gotten landlords that are ok with growing in a warehouse. do people really ask that?

purpleberry

purpleberry

With all the comercial stuff empty in Cali, I bet if you ask around you will find a landlord that doesnt care and just needs money now to cover his morgage on his investment properties. And yes most comercial property owners dont own there property, if they did they would morage it and invest more lol Thats how they get rich. The comercial property hasnt quite busted like homes yet, and they need tenates bad right now.
I would do it if it wasnt for the 10x10 county restriction, really isnt worth it, just use a garage, or bed room.
I have to find a place to rent and im really thinking of just asking landlords if its cool, so i can run electrical and a/c ect, just offer a extra $100 a month all they can say is no. lol

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

how often do landlordf for commercial spaces stop by. also what if you rant one with 16 foot ceilings and build a second story and make it look like nothing or storage for items. what do you guys think about that.

also have people really gotten landlords that are ok with growing in a warehouse. do people really ask that?

Yes! If your in a state where it is legal, why not. Besides its the real estate agent that would be asking. :cash:cash

homebrew420

homebrew420

Ok for starters, I have now done a good deal of searching and come up with very little as far as Ion specific probe, for monitoring the individual salts. Not going to be cost effective. Too much of an initial investment.but in maybe in the future. Here are some picts of the grow I will be working with/for. As for the nutes and using the individual salts, that would be the end goal, but in the mean time it would have been a supplimental addition. Using FloraNova as a base and extending the res changes to bi-weekly or monthly. Now for the picts!

Latest posts

Top Bottom