Getting A Tent Dialed In, Clones On The Way

• Thread starter Ganjadog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjadog

Ganjadog

After years of being overcharged, I've finally decided to start growing and finally made all the steps to make it happen. I bought a 4x8 grow tent from eBay and 2 600Watt air cooled hoods from apollo. The guy at my local grow store talked me into a couple of bags of Roots707 that I'm going to run with Foxfarm trio that I've had. Now I have 8 clones of OG kush on the way and feel way over my head. I've bought a few books and watched Jorge's videos but some of the info contradicts itself. My tent is set up now and can see that temps hover between 65-80 but my humidity tends to fluctuate a lot more like 10-80%. when I get the soil in the tent and start watering my clones will this level off or should I need to invest in a grow controller? Do I need a T-5 for rooted clones in a solo cup or can I get away with Metal halide. Also, my guy at the grow store said not to feed right away but the FF trio says different? and how long usually goes it take to go from a solo to a one or two-gallon pot? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks

iKharon

iKharon

Not sure where to start.. basically, I'd say just do research and do what you think.. trial and error. You'll learn what works for you. Some things are good for some guys but other guys fail.. so stay patient and positive. Keep growing. Don't give up like so many do. My 2 cents.... Roots organic 707 blend is good.. I have success with straight Happy Frog and add a bit of dolomite lime and that's it. I started my seeds for this lineup in 1/2 gal fabric pots. I don't dick around with solo cups. Many swear by them, but meh. No sense in adding an early transplant and shocking your plants. T5's (4' 4lamp) is what I run in veg tent. It's fine. Energy efficient, runs fairly cool. DO NOT FEED EARLY. The plants will be fine on the nutes in the soil itself for quite some time. Probably only feed once before you flower. To give you an idea.. I'll post pics of my seedlings in 1/2 gal fabrics.. this is Day 17 from seed for me, pics are from Day 14 again from seed. They grow like weeds... go figure. Lol. From clone, you should only need to veg like a month, then take cuttings and flip em to flower.

IMG 0814
IMG 0817
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
when I get the soil in the tent and start watering my clones will this level off or should I need to invest in a grow controller?
No controller needed after set up

Do I need a T-5 for rooted clones in a solo cup or can I get away with Metal halide? get the t5 for clones

Also, my guy at the grow store said not to feed right away but the FF trio says different?
Dont feed in soil right away

and how long usually goes it take to go from a solo to a one or two-gallon pot?
Cup to 2g ready to flip... 1 month

Good luck!!!

iKharon

iKharon

Also, 65-80 degrees is fine.. once you get plants in there, the RH will naturally rise.. from watering and them 'sweating' moisture.. its super dry where I am, so I actually run a humidifier until they get big enough to boost it up a bit.. but the ideal numbers are 75/55.. 45% is where you really wanna be tho in the end.

iKharon

iKharon

Thanks guys. That makes me feel a little better haha
No worries.. just be patient.. watch them..they will let you know when they need feeding, watering etc.. if they look happy, then don't force feed them. It will all be good! Remember, veg is easy, flower is a bit more difficult, and then drying and curing is the most important step. Mess that up and all your work growing was nearly a waste. But don't worry about that until you get to flower, then start pumping your mind with dry/cure knowledge :)

Top Bottom