Getting a used 12xl for 7 bills!

• Thread starter BudGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudGood

Whassup everyone! Just thought I'd post my find, about to go pick it up here in a bit: a UC 12XL for 699!

Any tips for cleaning and sterilizing? I was thinking H2O2, a friend mentioned using bleach. What do yall think? :evilgrin

H

HappyGrower

Yea, I would go with the Physan 20. That stuff kicks butt.

:party0033:

F

f1ydave

Use a 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide. Sponge buckets inside and out, use a bottle brush for pvc. Buy more peroxide than you need. You can always use it as a countertop cleaner or floor cleaner too in a spray bottle, same mix.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

After all that said and done. Run some Zone from Dutch Masters thru it for a few hours to make sure all is well.
I do this with my clone buckets and it works 100% of the time. The one time I did not clean with h2o2 and run zone afterwards I lost mad clones.

H

Horse

Physan 2o works great and what a steal on the UC setup. Get some pics up when you get her together!

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

nice find just use clorox bro !!!

I agree the diluted bleach solution will work just fine, just be sure to let everything evaporate dry afterwards and do a fresh water flush. :muscle

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

700 hun...darn thats a great price. Why did they sell it?

Don't forget to soak the rubber gasket thingies in something..like straight H2O2 or whatever....air stones too. Both tend to harbor 'bugs'...Soak em' 'till they stop bubbbbblin"

Finally like someone above mentioned.. run the system for a couple of hours with bleach or ZONE.. I use a semi light mix of bleach...then drain completely and wipe clean with clean towels. I also have a trick bottle brush for the tubes'

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I agree the diluted bleach solution will work just fine, just be sure to let everything evaporate dry afterwards and do a fresh water flush. :muscle

Gotta agree with the hoffaman.....Run a strong bleach solution in the system for 24 hours, clean, empty, and dry for another 24 hours, and you should be all sterile!

T

TUC420

Bleach can leave residue. Use food grad 35% H202 at 50/50 strength with water. Run 24 and EVERYTHING will be clean as a whistle..

Top Bottom