? Getting clones ready for outdoors

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justsomeguy

justsomeguy

yeah i have the same issues again this year. fucking retarded ass leaves piss me off. i tried to keep the clones i put out in late may vegging by hitting them with a flood light for just a few seconds every night around midnight. i gave up after about 10 days when i could tell all the OGs and bubbas were transitioning. the blue dreams looked fine so i thought they would be ok at that point. i think they transitioned as soon as i gave up with the flood light. most of the kushes flowered a little bit and started stretching up again. real ugly. the dreams started to form solid buds and then just stalled out. out of 12 i started, 3 are flowering healthy and looking dense and smokable and the rest i don't really know yet.
i got 5 oz's of larf off a reverted headband last year. but my pure kushes that started to revert late into flowering mostly finished normally except for the ropey colas. so i'm moving these to a buddy's house and just put 24 new clones out earlier this week. they'll probably stay small but at least they won't revert in time. i hope.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A few seconds isn't enough, you need to really interrupt the darkness for an hour or two. You can also use a few bulbs near the plants to extend daylight hours instead of worrying about interrupting dark hours.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
So ....If a plant starts to flower it's probably best to keep it in flower, rather than trying to reveg?

Too late for this little girl I think she is revegging.....or something...lol

Re veg
OGONLY

OGONLY

The 3 footers I put out last week have their preflowers already. Kinda bummed. I do have an ECSD, OGR WIFI and OGR Fire Alien from seed doing well though so at least there's that.

In my case my plants were used to a 5:40 AM to 10:30 PM light cycle indoors. Since they triggered already, what are the chances that they just keep flowering and not reveg? I would think the chances would be high. The day light will be increasing only for another 15 or so days then getting shorter. I would think that since they already went into flower during our current light cycle its not likely that daylight hours extending 15 or so minutes between now and June 20 would trigger reveg?

Anyone have any input on that?

Bummer about all the bad weather up north. Its kind of wierd here today. Feels like Hawaii. Supposed to be getting some rain later today. I saw that low spinning off northern Cal. Looks like a little hurricane! Crazy for this time of year. Feel for you guys and girls up there. Hope it improves for you all real soon...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they should reveg man - days are still getting longer for another 3 weeks almost

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mmm... two weeks by my count. Solid two weeks and then we're on the down-slide again. Good LORD! Will we ever see the sun again around here?

below frigid

below frigid

Would those little 3 LED solar spotlights be enough to keep them in veg?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Mmm... two weeks by my count. Solid two weeks and then we're on the down-slide again. Good LORD! Will we ever see the sun again around here?

lol yeah I lose track of tha days sometimes - was thinking it was closer to the 1st then the 7th lol

still I think the plants will snap out of it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
ROFL!! Motherlode... you'll get used to the new layout. Have you gone exploring with your new keys?

NEVERLEARN

NEVERLEARN

Good info here, need some advice this mom was revegged under CFL's until she came back to life l put her out too early so she started to flower. It,s the middle of April here in cen Cali, we are getting a lil over 13hours of daylight l know soon she will reveg so how do l keep her flowering l have a small cfl setup in garage with timer so l can have the option to bring her inside and out so any advice,ideas or comments are much appreciated

IMG 20160413 165923
IMG 20160413 165911
IMG 20160408 144435
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Step 1: Adjust their light cycle appropriately.

Step 2: Harden them off

Step 3: Plant!

Step 1 is what seems to throw a lot of people off. When you move a plant from a 24 or even a 18 hour light cycle outside, then drop down to a lower cycle, they can start to flower on you, which is no good. For example, we are at 14 hours of light right now where I am at, so when you go from 24 or 18 down to 14 all of a sudden it can cause the plant to think it is fall and begin to flower.

However, this is strain dependent. Some can go from 24 or 18 outside with no adjustment and no issues. However in my experience, many cannot. Generally strains that finish earlier are more finicky and are easier to trigger - later finishing strains tend to handle the transition more easily.

It actually is not the length of light that causes flowering, but the length of darkness - that is what you need to look at. Hence it is not the 14 hours of light that makes the plant possibly trigger, it is the 10 hours of darkness.

IMO it is kinda late in the season since it usually takes time to adjust them. Since your clones are at 24 hours of light right now I think your best bet would be to try an "interrupted light cycle." Basically you set your main light cycle at what ever the length of the days are when you aim to plant, and then interrupt the night cycle with two hours of light right in the middle. So for example, if you were shooting to plant now, at 14 hours, you would set your cycle to do 14 hours on, 4 hours off, 2 hours on, 4 hours off, or 14/4/2/4. This way when the plants go outside in the natural light cycle, their light cycle is always getting longer so they do not trigger.

I can't be sure it will work this late in the year, but the interrupted light cycle worked well for me this year, however I started them on it 8 weeks before I planted. You could try moving them out form 24 hours with no adjustment and see what happens, but be prepared that some may start to flower on you.

For step 2 all you have to do is put them under shade cloth for a few days, then filtered sun for a few days and they will be good to go. The natural sunlight is much more powerful than any grow light so you have to transition them over a period of a week or so, or they will burn on you. You could do step 1 and step 2 at the same time if you have a cold frame and power at your garden.
What if i took clones 3 weeks of flower, and they just rooted about 4 days ago under 24 hrs single t5? Could i move them outside this weekend at 13.45 hrs daylight, or am i gonna have problems?

WIN 20170425 22 58 50 Pro
WIN 20170425 22 59 10 Pro
WIN 20170425 22 59 13 Pro
WIN 20170425 22 59 35 Pro
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
What if i took clones 3 weeks of flower, and they just rooted about 4 days ago under 24 hrs single t5? Could i move them outside this weekend at 13.45 hrs daylight, or am i gonna have problems?
They wont do anything but finish up with less than 18 hours of light.
If you can get them to reveg and then take the light from 24/0 to 16/8 slowly until you have around 16 hours of daylight and then put them out they would yield something.

Blaze

Blaze

They will definitely have problems. Frankly if you didn't start adjusting your clones light cycle to be moved outside two months ago you will have issues. It is way to late in the season to attempt it now without supplemental light.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Depends on when your region has 16 hours of daylight.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/
If you are in the north you might have enough time to slowly acclimate them to 16/8 without flowering them...
Also depends on the genetics, some vigirous growers would take a flower cloning and monster cropping like nothing and keep on growin

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Depends on when your region has 16 hours of daylight.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/
If you are in the north you might have enough time to slowly acclimate them to 16/8 without flowering them...
Also depends on the genetics, some vigirous growers would take a flower cloning and monster cropping like nothing and keep on growin
well we are gonna see if these genetics are the ones:) I also threw some other seeds down so im gonna have an outside crop regardless...

makes them bloom to preset to 16. if you plant right they never do that in real time. why pre bloom them.
whats preflower?

Juicebox

Juicebox

I wish i could just do clones outside...i cant see how i would ever pull it off though..my last frost is may 10 th and snow flies again by september...thanks to whoever invented the auto :D

Weed52

Weed52

The simplest and easyest way to do it is to transplantlant them at night right before sunset on your watering day sift up the root ball a little bit and water they will be fine after that just dont water for a few days

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The simplest and easyest way to do it is to transplantlant them at night right before sunset on your watering day sift up the root ball a little bit and water they will be fine after that just dont water for a few days

?

Top Bottom