Getting Clones Tonight, Confused On Nutes. Help!!

• Thread starter PocketGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PocketGrower

Ok so I'm somewhat new to growing and have had a few pointers along the way. Got my veg room set up with 3 600w mh.

Getting 20 clones tonight , I like sensi grow , I've always used it in the past. But why do I see growers using like 10 nutrients in their grows ?? Can someone please help! I want big strong girls ! What do I need to get and how often do I need to use them!!

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

There are lots of growing styles and nutrient regimes
They vary from adding 2 things ..veg + bloom comes to mind
To adding 10 things , NOTG comes to mind
Plants generally only need 3 things: light plus water and oxygen
How you ger or add those things are what we control

Papa

Papa

Supporter
keep it simple. some of the best grows i've seen have been with the lucas formula, no additives, and tds never above 500.

why do people throw another dozen products into the mix and overfeed their plants? to keep all those companies in business!

me? i'd rather keep the $$ in my pocket.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Guilty
I use technaflora recipe for success.
Boost
bloom (flower)
veg
sugar daddy (swapped for sweet raw)
thrive alive red
thrive alive green
magi-cal
Awesome blossoms
is in my lineup. Plus some other additives.

It took me a while to get my doses down right. Oh, and I feed heavily. Veg nutes come out at 1008ppm, flower cones out at 1408ppm. I've never in 5+yrs of growing ever used another line, nor have I had any issues.

guymandude

guymandude

Ok so I'm somewhat new to growing and have had a few pointers along the way. Got my veg room set up with 3 600w mh.

Getting 20 clones tonight , I like sensi grow , I've always used it in the past. But why do I see growers using like 10 nutrients in their grows ?? Can someone please help! I want big strong girls ! What do I need to get and how often do I need to use them!!

AN works pretty well, not as well as it used to though, before ph perfect. No you don';t need all the additives. I ran for years just using the hobbyist level package of nutrients.

the Hobbyist level consists of:

Sensi Bloom A&B
B52 amino acids and votamins - helps the plant uptake nutrients.
Big Bud - flowering supplement
Voodoo Juice - benefiical microbes and bacteria for the roots
Overdrive - end of flowering finisher - makes rock hard buds if your grow is going well. Can't take larf and turn it into rock hard bud, keep that in mind

I added in Sugar Daddy to this mix and Great White Myco too. Great White and Voodoo Juice used together work GREAT. Add them in until the 2nd week of flower, I ran this in coco before they came out with the coco specific line, which literally saw ZERO difference with. If you're running ph perfect Sensi, get the coco specific Sensi grow and Sensi Bloom so you don;t have to mess with the ph, other than that, You don't need the Coco version of Big Bud either. I tried it and saw zero difference.You might add in a little Cal Mag but i think you'll find very little calcium or Mg deficiencies running AN.

your feeding schedule is very important. in Coco, you feed, then water then feed, then water. Now, here's the trick - i got much better results when i fed less. Yes really. I would give the plants in 3 gallon bags 2 liters of full strength of nutes each feeding. I don't care if the coco was saturated or not. That's what they got. When I watered, I saturated the coco. When you overfeed with AN, like giving a plant 5 or 6 liters of nutrients per feeding, i got small fluffy buds. When I gave them 2 liters, i get big dense buds. this is strain dependent to a point. But Give it a try.

There are several places online you can order AN and it's almost 1/2 price what you'd pay at a hydro store. Amazon is one place. Discount AN is another. Over time i started adding in Bud Factor X and it does work very well. I saw a very nice difference using it. I do recommend AN's Cal Mag. It's the best on the market. I'm going to continue to use it even though I am trialing Emerald Harvest nutes due to a personal issue I have with AN.

AN is also stupid easy to mix. I have 2.5 gallon gas cans. On that I fill with RO water. Add in 1 shot glass ( 1 ounce) of Sensi Bloom A, 1 shot of Sensi Bloom B and then 1/2 a shot (1/2 ounce) of each of the additives. No measuring out a ml of this and 2.5 mls of that - ain't nobody got time for that bullshit. Then i hand water the coco. have you seen the nutrient calculator on the AN site? you should check it out.

if you have any questions, pm me.

Last edited:
S

Sherlock

No exp with AN, never wanted to support the company even though they moved past their issues. But to answer you question above, because no nute company will ever just sell you what you need exactly. Some lack in one thing yet are too heavy in another, and the bottle on the shelf next to it is exactly opposite. Personally I mix different lines to make a more complete nutritional mix. This also requires profiling each nutrient so you understand exactly how many ppms of nitrogen, phos, etc are actually in your mix and leads you to never follow a company designed feed schedule. Plants only require a few basic elements to survive but certainly require much more for what we ask of them, don't get confused that nature does it best, nature doesn't get high it survives, we want the plant that weighs the most and gets you highest!! If you really want to dive into the science of what the plants use and how study the mass of information that has already been done by our AG industry, smart people and smart info when it comes to plants needs and how to push them.

Sherlock

P

PocketGrower

AN works pretty well, not as well as it used to though, before ph perfect. No you don';t need all the additives. I ran for years just using the hobbyist level package of nutrients.

the Hobbyist level consists of:

Sensi Bloom A&B
B52 amino acids and votamins - helps the plant uptake nutrients.
Big Bud - flowering supplement
Voodoo Juice - benefiical microbes and bacteria for the roots
Overdrive - end of flowering finisher - makes rock hard buds if your grow is going well. Can't take larf and turn it into rock hard bud, keep that in mind

I added in Sugar Daddy to this mix and Great White Myco too. Great White and Voodoo Juice used together work GREAT. Add them in until the 2nd week of flower, I ran this in coco before they came out with the coco specific line, which literally saw ZERO difference with. If you're running ph perfect Sensi, get the coco specific Sensi grow and Sensi Bloom so you don;t have to mess with the ph, other than that, You don't need the Coco version of Big Bud either. I tried it and saw zero difference.You might add in a little Cal Mag but i think you'll find very little calcium or Mg deficiencies running AN.

your feeding schedule is very important. in Coco, you feed, then water then feed, then water. Now, here's the trick - i got much better results when i fed less. Yes really. I would give the plants in 3 gallon bags 2 liters of full strength of nutes each feeding. I don't care if the coco was saturated or not. That's what they got. When I watered, I saturated the coco. When you overfeed with AN, like giving a plant 5 or 6 liters of nutrients per feeding, i got small fluffy buds. When I gave them 2 liters, i get big dense buds. this is strain dependent to a point. But Give it a try.

There are several places online you can order AN and it's almost 1/2 price what you'd pay at a hydro store. Amazon is one place. Discount AN is another. Over time i started adding in Bud Factor X and it does work very well. I saw a very nice difference using it. I do recommend AN's Cal Mag. It's the best on the market. I'm going to continue to use it even though I am trialing Emerald Harvest nutes due to a personal issue I have with AN.

AN is also stupid easy to mix. I have 2.5 gallon gas cans. On that I fill with RO water. Add in 1 shot glass ( 1 ounce) of Sensi Bloom A, 1 shot of Sensi Bloom B and then 1/2 a shot (1/2 ounce) of each of the additives. No measuring out a ml of this and 2.5 mls of that - ain't nobody got time for that bullshit. Then i hand water the coco. have you seen the nutrient calculator on the AN site? you should check it out.

if you have any questions, pm me.
I guess after reading everything you guys told me I'm left with 1 question. Do I mix everything together in those "starter" packages ? Or do I feed for example sensi one day, then other food another ?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Any nutrients will work just use a good balance of NPK and start out in low doses. I would definitely quarantine that young lady and treat her for bugs don't get her anywhere near your room.

guymandude

guymandude

I guess after reading everything you guys told me I'm left with 1 question. Do I mix everything together in those "starter" packages ? Or do I feed for example sensi one day, then other food another ?
so basically you just decided out of the blu one day to grow weed?

You picked up Advanced Nutrients nutrients and you never been to the AN website to find out what they do and why? serisouly, dude. you have some reading to do.

Here's a link to the nutrient calculator. What's listed there is what you mix together and in what stage. You seriously have a lot fo reading to do. Do some research. All the information you need is listed in people grow journals. get to it

the calculator is very simple to use. Pick you base nutrients, pick you reservoir size (a rez if in hydro, or size of the container you are mixing your nutrients in) and pick how many weeks you will be running the strain (google can help determine flowering period = seedfinder.eu - or go go the attitude seed bank and look up the strain- check it out) and which level of grower you are - I would definitely start with the hobbyist level. That's all the stuff i use and it's stupid easy

good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom