Getting my feet wet! What size pump??

• Thread starter TortureKill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TortureKill

TortureKill

Im in the process of building my own drip system. Have a few questions. Id appreciate any feedback or tips. Im completely new to hydro. I will be updating and taking pics as I progress with this system. Also posting questions as they arise. I have less than 2 weeks to complete and test this system. I just got a job that forces me to work out of town for 2 week intervals. I have to automate my garden the best I can, or else I will be forced to bin all of the genetics I have acquired over the years, and abandon all breeding projects I have been working on for 5+ years.

Ive decided to go with a 40 Gal. Res. Im going to use the Roughneck type. I will be tending to atleast 20 plants.

Would u recommend the common airstones or flexible type?

Can I get away with only cleaning my res once every 2 weeks? Is there any products that would inhibit bacterial growth during this two weeks?

Is a res chiller necessary, and can you recommend a inexpensive reliable chiller?

420king-MASSES

your gonna want a recirculating system but i would run a 200+gph ///also that other thing ways around 15 lbs the stand on scale is a lil off//oh and i got one of those water pumps to for what your trying to build

TortureKill

TortureKill

With a recirculating system, am I going to a less stable ph? Ive decided that a drip system will be much less maintenance than an aero system. But we can def still do something with it

420king-MASSES

no not nessesarily it really depends on the nutes like bio canna stabilizes itself as do a few others

420king-MASSES

i have never used that line up so i cant make a good judgement of how it would do

TortureKill

TortureKill

Ive read that Biobizz in the res for any longer than a week starts to REEK. I will be using the full line up minus the Fish Mix. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff on a drip? I also have some fox farm nutes laying around If I have to I could run these.

420king-MASSES

fox farm all day//and i know you your an all organic grower why dont you go check out pura vida my lil brother in-law is running it and it says it self phs

Top Bottom