Getting ready to start (chocolope) help on training please

• Thread starter inovermyhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

inovermyhead

If you had 6 fem chocolope seeds and the following equipment, what would you do to keep things under control and get the maximum yield?

Got this strain because it said easy to grow but I am concerned about the height. As many specifics as possible would be really helpful. For instance best ph, light medium or heavy nutes, would you lst them during veg? Top them ( ow many times can you top?) Things like that. How long would you veg given the height restrictions (tent is like 6' 7".) Thank you much!

4x8 sun hut silver tent
2 x 600 digitals (can be dimmed to 75 & 50%) with cool tubes - vented with 6" can fan
6 x lgm5 led bars ( ) for the sake of experimentation
will be settling on some sort of carbon scrubbing set up as well. Either continuously scrubbing inside the tent or exhausting - but I was going to do some dry running to get an idea of what kind of heat issues I might be dealing with.

I am a newb but have some wishes that were passed to me as conditions on the gifts - one is to use big pots - ideally 18 gallon storage tubs (minimum 10 gal.) Another was to use promix and Green Air Genesis Nutes. This project is sort of a memorial so i want to do it right.

Thanks again!

Z

zombywolf

I dont know if you need such large containers-use em if you want- 3-5 gallon containers are plenty. Promix is great-add some extra perlite if you want. Fert once per week with Promix-if they get dry add water until the next fert day. Veg until 18"-you can top at 4th node prior to that to increase yield. 2 tops are probably enough-each topping adds time to the veg. 12/12 at 18-22" in height. They will double at least in height. There is haze in that strain-may get taller than you want for a 6' 7" ceiling. Cant help on the fert-not familar with it.

I

inovermyhead

Zombywolf - thanks for the sage advice. Can you "top" side branches too like you do with fruit trees? What about super cropping - what are your thoughts there. The ceiling is actually 7' - but still when you factor in the lights i really cant have a plant more than 4' i guess - when people (or breeders) gie heights - are they measuring from the soil up or including the roots? Thanks again!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Absolutely iomh. Any shoot from any branch can be pruned to promote further branching. ZW is dead on though, stay away from the rubbermaids and aim for 5 gallon pots with Pro-Mix and a consistent feeding schedule. Add dolomitic lime to the mix and you won't have PH problems.

I

inovermyhead

Thanks hererisssh, I appreciate that. The reason I metioned the big pots is that the inspiration and some of the equipment was donated with that stipulation. And not without good cause - I was never around for all the work but have seen them produce 400+ on 48" plants in those tubs. THe strain is no longer available that I know of a 4 way (NL x Sensi Star X Hash Haze x Super Skunk.) And I saw the root balls - they took up the whole thing! For the sake of science I will do at least one in a smaller pot and see what happens. But I have to stick with that one detail for the majority - and if it doesn't pay off - oh well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom